Protests against the board being planned

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by Up the Junction » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:20 pm

antonyirons wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:59 pm
Is that because, like me, they've seen changes at Board level, as well as numerous different managers and players over many years now, with nothing essentially changing so hold no burning expectation that protesting to try and get GSB to sling their hooks will serve any great purpose or make any difference?
Antony, you appear to be asking me whether they're all defeatist by nature? That I couldn't possibly answer.
antonyirons wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:16 pm
Fair enough, I never wanted the move either but getting new owners isn't going to change anything in that regard, is it?
None of us can turn back time - equally, none of us can know for sure what the future might hold.

hammer1975

Post by hammer1975 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:22 pm

-DL- wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:02 am
Something I have started to question, is are the people that are anti-board actually in a minority, and the actual wider fan base are happy with their lot overall?
What I find DL is that a huge proportion of people I meet who support West Ham (at work or more socially) quote stuff at me that has been fed to them via the club’s media approach - whether social media or owner interviews etc. It shows the ownership is clever enough to know that those channels work.

When I explain to them that we haven’t actually got a top 8 wagebill (more like bottom half) as has been repeatedly implied or that we’ve been outspent by Bournemouth and Brighton since the move they are surprised. There also seems a belief that GSB won’t profit - again, based on financial fact and their public valuation of the club they clearly have in paper terms and will in cash terms if/when they sell.

Most people I speak to tend to change their view based on some of those points - it’s just a shame that the financial reality is drowned out by a load of spin. If there was a platform to get all fans to see more of Swiss ramble’s analysis rather than the social media fed stuff I think there would be more consistent frustration with the owners.

westham,eggyandchips

Post by westham,eggyandchips » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:31 pm

Phil S wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:28 am
I've thought for a long time that the antis are outnumbered... at least the match going ones.
I thought there would be a few anti board chants at Chelsea but heard nothing.
One of the pubs in Earls court had some anti board chants going but it didn't carry in to the ground.

This is what is so frustrating when you read on here or other social media that people are anti but don't think protesting will work.

Maybe it won't but at least let them 3 know we ****ing hate them.
Its called apathy.

Ive generally found that those that have little complaints about our owners, think Pellers is doing ok this season. :shock:

Northbank Bar

Post by Northbank Bar » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:45 pm

You will recall figures being banded about much higher than the true figures it would cost to sack the manager.This is also true of redeveloping the stadium.New owners could do it.

rossmundo

Post by rossmundo » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:48 pm

The only way to get them out would be to do what Arsenal do, and not attend home games, leave vast sections empty. It would never happen though as we are probably the most loyal fans in the country.

Boooogers!

Post by Boooogers! » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:23 pm

That would never work at west ham rossmundo. Karen said there's 50,000 waiting in the wings to take up season tickets.

Noble Man

Post by Noble Man » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:21 pm

So whens it going to happen?

PF.
Warsaw's Peter Stringfellow

Post by PF. » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:02 am

rossmundo wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:48 pm
The only way to get them out would be to do what Arsenal do, and not attend home games, leave vast sections empty. It would never happen though as we are probably the most loyal fans in the country.
Judging by the walk to the station last night, I’d estimate 1 in 10 were neutral walking out of the BM stand, possibly as high as 2 in 10. They won’t miss us, and the hit in the pocket is marginal nowadays - see Newcastle’s freebie.

Club’s dead.

17 years of hurt

Post by 17 years of hurt » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:47 am

Walking back to the station I was effing and blinding to my uncle about the board and how they have got us in to the mess we’re in now and literally there was nothing from anyone else. Most slowly meandering back towards the station with a sense of resignation that this is the way it is now. Oh and about 9 or 10 half and half scarves in my I radiate vicinity.

Heard one bloke back at London Bridge laying into the board but sadly it seems a large number of the ones who would take the fight to them just aren’t there anymore.

Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Post by Puff Daddy » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:00 am

17 years of hurt wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:47 am
Walking back to the station I was effing and blinding to my uncle about the board and how they have got us in to the mess we’re in now and literally there was nothing from anyone else. Most slowly meandering back towards the station with a sense of resignation that this is the way it is now. Oh and about 9 or 10 half and half scarves in my I radiate vicinity.

Heard one bloke back at London Bridge laying into the board but sadly it seems a large number of the ones who would take the fight to them just aren’t there anymore.
I was just about to make full post on this subject until I read your post, which needs no further comment. Precisely, where are these protests, still at the planning stage ?

JustJoe85

Post by JustJoe85 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:30 am

Realised today that when we left Upton Park for the fabled next level we had just finished above Liverpool in the league.

Last night was the night I realised I'm sick of it. The 2 year cycle of a new manager who is initially backed, then cut off. Happened to Bilic, happened to Pellegrini, even happened to BFS in his last year in the Premier League. The main difference being they had to spend the previous seasons because of the relegation and promotion.

The ground is silent most weeks, there is ambivalence towards the team and that is true of the players towards the fans too.

GSB are like leeches slowly sucking the life out of West Ham both in terms of finances and the heart and soul of the club. When fans of other clubs sing "You're not West Ham anymore", they are right. We are at very best a pale imitation, and I fear on life support waiting to die entirely til nothing of the old West Ham is left.

It is a sad realisation for someone who mostly sees the positives but that is what this West Ham is and it is squarely down to Gold, Sullivan and Brady

ornchurch ammer

Post by ornchurch ammer » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:15 am

Boooogers! wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:23 pm
That would never work at west ham rossmundo. Karen said there's 50,000 waiting in the wings to take up season tickets.
And yet none of my 3 STs were snapped up for last night after I listed them for sale a week ago. Strange :wink:

Bubbles Murray
Location: 200 miles due north of Mecca ( Bingo Hall, Barking Road )

Post by Bubbles Murray » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:29 am

I just watched the video on the OS about the comedian Tom Allen's visit to the ground. He meets Brady at half-time and she says "What we love is that we have 30,000 families in a crowd of 60,000. It's a great day out".

Reeked of her wanting to totally eradicate the more traditional support.

hammerman11

Post by hammerman11 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:47 am

its an event now and not football. I wont be renewing my £40 claret membership next season as there is no point there are thousands of seats available every game.
west ham united is dead and we now have WHU London. gsb have destroyed the club and nothing will change until they sell up. they wont for a while yet so a few more years of underachievement and misery.

I reckon rice will be off soon and you cant blame him. his fe will be much reduced in the 50m region

Turns to Stone

Post by Turns to Stone » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:50 am

Bubbles Murray wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:29 am
I just watched the video on the OS about the comedian Tom Allen's visit to the ground. He meets Brady at half-time and she says "What we love is that we have 30,000 families in a crowd of 60,000. It's a great day out".

Reeked of her wanting to totally eradicate the more traditional support.
What she says is ok, the point she's missing is that of those 30,000 families, most of the kids probably support the opposition.

That's the problem. Upton Park bred West Ham fans. The London Stadium breeds Spurs, Arsenal, Man City, Liverpool fans.

Remember the advert in the early days of moving in:-

"Come see the Man City Superstars at the Olympic Stadium"

West Ham Utd is gone.

norse

Post by norse » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:58 am

Next year they can marked the stars of Wycombe Wanderers at the Olympic Stadium - that would be new and exciting times for the marketing department wouldn't it

Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Post by Puff Daddy » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:00 am

norse wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:58 am
Next year they can marked the stars of Wycombe Wanderers at the Olympic Stadium - that would be new and exciting times for the marketing department wouldn't it
Come and see Wycombe's ' super stars ?

hammerman11

Post by hammerman11 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:01 am

we need to show them what will happen next season. don't attend a few games half empty stadiums and they will worry about ST renewals next season. all we can do.

half empty bowl next season as we adjust to a hardcore of 30k. close the upper tiers and reduce prices to £20 for any ticket. that will be ok.

sell the stars who cant be bothered such as haller yarmolenko wilshere Anderson
retire sanchez zabaleta Snodgrass noble

play the youngsters and lets see a new west ham be born.

funky chicken

Post by funky chicken » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:04 am

Ah another game that has been played and still no protests, chants, or banners visible inside the stadium.

I take it the majority of the supporters are happy for the owners to remain and continue to destroy West Ham further?

discopiglet

Post by discopiglet » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:07 am

funky chicken wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:04 am
Ah another game that has been played and still no protests, chants, or banners visible inside the stadium.

I take it the majority of the supporters are happy for the owners to remain and continue to destroy West Ham further?

This is what puzzled me :? perfect opportunity in front of the Sky cameras....