Protests against the board being planned

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

southendmadhammer

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by southendmadhammer » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:30 am

Fair point PF.

My hope and belief is that the 10 years that has since passed has taken its toll mentally and physically and acts as a leveller.

Of course, stopping going to home games (as I and many other have done) is ideal to supplement the protest but I understand why many cant and wont do this. It was a frankly heartbreaking decision for me to make

reo_coker20
One line wonder

Post by reo_coker20 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:48 am

Watford 'Ammer wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:06 am
Firstly, it needs to be Away from the ground and away from the football. This is about the board, not the team or the manager.

Secondly, it needs to be before the security checks. They would not let people with banners through and may even check tickets at this game.

Finally, it doesn’t actually matter where it is. If we have numbers and press coverage the message will be heard, loud and clear.
That’s true forgot about the security checks. As long as the press is there then I suppose it don’t matter where

hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes

Post by hadleighhammer » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:23 am

-DL- wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:44 pm
#gentrified
I may have mentioned this before....

Good luck with the protest. I hope it gets media attention and wakes up more supporters to where the problem lies at the club to put some pressure on GS&B and makes them uncomfortable until 2022 (or whenever the profit share payment requirement ends).

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:48 am

We shouldn’t be just protesting outside the ground, we should be protesting outside the gates of Sullivan Manor. He really didn’t like it when the sign was hung in his front gates.

matthewbd

Post by matthewbd » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:39 pm

Just out of interest has Swallow or anyone else from RWHFAG (or whatever they were called) said anything about these protests?

Watford 'Ammer

Post by Watford 'Ammer » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:04 pm

Press - we have had a few people with contacts offer their help. We will be working on this all week and are confident the press will be there.

A number of West Ham groups have lent their support. We are hoping to unite as many fans as possible under one banner. West Ham United For Change.

Marky

Post by Marky » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:40 pm

Welll done on organising this. We need to do something

Doc H Ball

Post by Doc H Ball » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:52 pm

matthewbd wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:39 pm
Just out of interest has Swallow or anyone else from RWHFAG (or whatever they were called) said anything about these protests?
Not that I'm aware of.

This has been put together by a very disparate group of people who should all be given great credit for not standing under any banners.

goa127

Post by goa127 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:13 am

Peaches wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:48 am
We shouldn’t be just protesting outside the ground, we should be protesting outside the gates of Sullivan Manor. He really didn’t like it when the sign was hung in his front gates.
Loathsome as he is I don't think this is an acceptable tactic. Guaranteed to present Sullivan as a victim in the press

hammerddh

Post by hammerddh » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:07 am

Massive appreciation for all those organising this.
Unfortunately I'm currently out the country so can't attend.
I have informed number one son who is also a STH and he has assured me he will be there
COYI

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Post by Up the Junction » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:37 am

A call to arms: time for change
https://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=134243

e17

Post by e17 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:55 am

I like that this all has a proper concerted focus; to communicate & listen to the fanbase or this will only get worse

I also like the fact that Bubbles (Paul) represents every WHU man, woman & child who does not care about politics, self importance or dough where the club is concerned, but purely about WHU. Makes him the absolute perfect figurehead.

Great stuff. :thup:

bonzosbeard

Post by bonzosbeard » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:53 pm

Oooh. Looks like this protest has got someone at Claret and Hugh to get their knickers in a twist....

e17

Post by e17 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:00 pm

bonzosbeard wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:53 pm
Oooh. Looks like this protest has got someone at Claret and Hugh to get their knickers in a twist....
Wouldn’t give that one the attention oxygen he craves.

Doesn’t even do anything but “the big games” from what I’ve been told by people, despite having a season ticket and that big old flag conveniently allowed to hang in the place, and he didn’t go to The Boleyn for about 20 years despite having a website that makes him look like he’s the voice of the fans.

Of course he doesn’t understand what the protest is about. He’s not one of us.

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Post by Up the Junction » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:05 pm

bonzosbeard wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:53 pm
What a tragic article that is...

The organisers have gone to great lengths to ensure this will be a civil and peaceful protest. This has been reiterated on several occasions.

Yet Southon refers to "carnage", "frustrated and angry people", "constant moaning and insults", "the bleat" and so on.

It's pathetic and so utterly, utterly transparent. And probably inciteful. Not to mention a piss-poor excuse for journalism.

Though I suspect his entire attitude towards West Ham fans is summed up neatly by one of his replies to a comment below the story:
Hugh Southon wrote:I really don’t give a toss.

Northbank Bar

Post by Northbank Bar » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:06 pm

Claret and Hugh says 'We have written to the protest organisers asking them to put their case and were told what will be will be._Whick is probably what we should have expected.'

That statement is not true.The protest organisers have received no communication from Claret and Hugh.

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Post by Up the Junction » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:11 pm

Northbank Bar wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:06 pm
That statement is not true.The protest organisers have received no communication from Claret and Hugh.
Oh, and libellous too.

SammyLeeWasOffside

Post by SammyLeeWasOffside » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:13 pm

Up the Junction wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:05 pm
What a tragic article that is...

The organisers have gone to great lengths to ensure this will be a civil and peaceful protest. This has been reiterated on several occasions.

Yet Southon refers to "carnage", "frustrated and angry people", "constant moaning and insults", "the bleat" and so on.

It's pathetic and so utterly, utterly transparent. And probably inciteful. Not to mention a piss-poor excuse for journalism.

Though I suspect his entire attitude towards West Ham fans is summed up neatly by one of his replies to a comment below the story:
Not particularly keen on defending him but to be fair he uses carnage only in reference to relegation.

Believer

Post by Believer » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:18 pm

I wonder if Sullivan will arrange for some of his Cage Fighting Stewards to be in attendance?

Beavis Danzig

Post by Beavis Danzig » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:20 pm

i think hugh has come full circle and realises the only way we'll move forward is with a change of owners, but sees his best way to faciliate it is to stoke the fires of indignation by kicking it up a gear from his usual sauce drenched shill jobs to out and out foaming levels of pro-board insanity and supporter disdain.

he's taking one for the team.