Protests against the board being planned

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

jhammers

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by jhammers » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:20 am

Have members of the press been contacted about the protest? Would be great to get recognition and have the owners squirming, they hate bad press.

BrownFatwa

Post by BrownFatwa » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:29 am

I've decreasingly spent my time and (mainly) money this season on WH. Sad to say that disillusionment has taken over and sapped me.
However, this is a cause worth supporting IF - and I must say I doubt it - it brings about the demise of the Board or any real changes. As such I'll dust off my 'The 200 Stroll' walking boots and add my number (along with my son's) to Saturday's less strenuous affair.
I hope the numbers will be great but genuinely fear that it is a pre-destined fail in its goals. Most WH fans that I know care not a jot for titles, premier league success etc but just want to follow the team and enjoy the craic and dream of one-day getting a trip to Wembley or an away day in Europe (that is not a pre-season jolly).
The elephant in the room is the stadium and what it sadly replaced. We can never get out soul back in that monstrosity of a stadium and the expectation that sadly goes with it - GSB or not.
If the hat goes round on Saturday the funds should be used for hiring a hit-man or a modern day Guy Fawkes; our best chance of change probably.
Look forward to seeing a few old faces on Saturday.

PS does anyone know if there's a nearby (as nearby as anything can be) pub showing the game?

Porkeyes

Post by Porkeyes » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:43 am

I didn't join in the first march. I started the day with good intention but got too comfortable in the pub. I have regretted that since what a tool. I will 100% be going to this protest but I am a bit concerned having spoken to a couple of ST holders this morning who didn't have a clue what was going on. I've since had a rallying whats app round to all the West Ham I know in an effort to shake these people from their slumber. They all moan about it so this is their chance to express that and be noticed.

East_London_Hammer

Post by East_London_Hammer » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:56 am

So what is the plan for the protest? i have only been told to be at the ground for 1pm, where is everyone meeting?

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Post by Up the Junction » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:29 pm

East_London_Hammer wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:56 am
So what is the plan for the protest? i have only been told to be at the ground for 1pm, where is everyone meeting?

HammerMan2004

Post by HammerMan2004 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:18 pm

Sullivan is in the Evening Standard talking about a £210.4m net spend since they took over. Is that accurate?

Edit: tell a lie, the article says £210m net spend since we moved to the Olympic Stadium?!

boleyn24

Post by boleyn24 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:24 pm

HammerMan2004 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:18 pm
Sullivan is in the Evening Standard talking about a £210.4m net spend since they took over. Is that accurate?

Edit: tell a lie, the article says £210m net spend since we moved to the Olympic Stadium?!
That is defo not correct, its roughly a Nett Spend of £130M since we left the Boleyn.

fjthegrey

Post by fjthegrey » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:31 pm

Bet you're ignoring wages though...

ashbanki

Post by ashbanki » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:37 pm

fjthegrey wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:31 pm
Bet you're ignoring wages though...
Glad to see that Uncle Terry is famous for something

ornchurch ammer

Post by ornchurch ammer » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:37 pm

Forget the propaganda war; have we improved or moved on as a club in the last 10 years? IMO it is a big fat NO.

Aceface

Post by Aceface » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:40 pm

Even if you ignore any other revenue stream, by the end of the season they will have taken in just shy of half a billion quid in television payments alone since we moved. So big whoop for spending £120m/£200m of it.

Knighter10WHU

Post by Knighter10WHU » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:42 pm

ornchurch ammer wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:37 pm
Forget the propaganda war; have we improved or moved on as a club in the last 10 years? IMO it is a big fat NO.
No we haven't, we were all sold down the river by the owners and their lies. This club no longer has any assets other than the mediocre players on its books. All we have achieved as a result of the dildo brothers coming in is the repayment of loans to the Icelandic banks to be loans to the owners instead.

HammerAl

Post by HammerAl » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:46 pm

If this protest becomes a weekly / bi-weekly occurrence, I think the participating numbers will grow and grow over time.

I genuinely believe the only way these f*ckers will sell up is if they're given hell - protests, blocking them in the car park, chants in the stadium, banners at their houses, coverage on social media, etc etc - these things wouldn't normally be acceptable, but they 100% deserve it for what they've done to the club and the fans.

brooking_1980

Post by brooking_1980 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:01 pm

Hi, I just had it confirmed from someone who knows Geoff Shreeves, that he is definitely an Arsenal fan.

swash

Post by swash » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:10 pm

First Brady on the box, now the dwarf in the Standard, clear signs that they are rattled, keep up the good work

#GSBOUT :crest:

ornchurch ammer

Post by ornchurch ammer » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:19 pm

David Golds turn on TalkSport from 4. Interview with Moose.

A three pronged attack.

jhammers

Post by jhammers » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:27 pm

Every time they speak they make things worse too :lol:

ereford ammer

Post by ereford ammer » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:34 pm

HammerAl wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:46 pm
If this protest becomes a weekly / bi-weekly occurrence, I think the participating numbers will grow and grow over time.

I genuinely believe the only way these f*ckers will sell up is if they're given hell - protests, blocking them in the car park, chants in the stadium, banners at their houses, coverage on social media, etc etc - these things wouldn't normally be acceptable, but they 100% deserve it for what they've done to the club and the fans.
I could not agree more. Lets not worry about what the dildo gang and their sycophants like Parrot and Spew say about us ingrates, Lets keep the pressure coming in all directions. Its time to take the gloves off.

swash

Post by swash » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:37 pm

jhammers wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:27 pm
Every time they speak they make things worse too :lol:
bull****, lies, razzle-dazzle. bull****,lies, razzle-dazzle, repeat ad infinitum

Metcow

Post by Metcow » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:44 pm

I'll be there Saturday for the protest, can think of no better way of spending my Birthday.

I do feel that the board spin on this will be to continuously claim it's just a small section of the fans that are unhappy and everyone else appreciate what they have done. I truly think that Sullivan genuinely believes that too.

I'm prepared for the long haul on this though, I think we all have to be for it to get any purchase with them,

I have been going over since '86 at the age of 12. I have persisted with the soulless pit for the sake of my eldest Son up until now but this will be my last season. I cannot stand the place and desperately miss Upton Park the old West Ham.

I have to just say a huge thanks to those at Hammers United for being prepared to stand up for what we all grew up loving.
This protest, with fans coning together feels like the most 'old West Ham' thing to have happened in a long time (other than beating Man U 2-0 and then immediately getting knocked out of the cup by Oxford).