Protests against the board being planned

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

flysohigh

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by flysohigh » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:04 pm

Watford 'Ammer wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:31 pm
On the eve of tomorrow’s protest I’d just like to say thank you to each and every individual who has backed this. There seems to be a real feeling that this could be the start of something. West Ham United is not done yet. Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow ⚒
The mistake every club made in the 70s & 80s was that West Ham wouldn't turn up and we did every time time. Sunderland away on a cold Monday night or Newport away in the FA cup. This is what makes this club special and every time someone says we are finished we will just get stronger. After near 50 years I jacked it in last year but cant wait for tomorrow and to catch up with some old mates. I hate what the board have done to this club and my mates and family but will fight the fight until we regain the club that is ours. Its not about the trophy cabinet its about the people you go with and the laughs that you have and more often than not gallows humour. Its the east end way and something worth fighting for. The Boleyn is gone but we can do and deserve better. Lets stick together and show the media and all what West Ham United is all about.

DM

Post by DM » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:30 pm

flysohigh wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:04 pm
The mistake every club made in the 70s & 80s was that West Ham wouldn't turn up and we did every time time. Sunderland away on a cold Monday night or Newport away in the FA cup. This is what makes this club special and every time someone says we are finished we will just get stronger. After near 50 years I jacked it in last year but cant wait for tomorrow and to catch up with some old mates. I hate what the board have done to this club and my mates and family but will fight the fight until we regain the club that is ours. Its not about the trophy cabinet its about the people you go with and the laughs that you have and more often than not gallows humour. Its the east end way and something worth fighting for. The Boleyn is gone but we can do and deserve better. Lets stick together and show the media and all what West Ham United is all about.
Good luck to all on the protest tomorrow. Stay safe and watch out for anyone who might want to disrupt this peaceful protest!

Albie Beck

Post by Albie Beck » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:35 pm

Welkumb South African Iron and PandaHammer - excellent contribution, that!

Miles Standish Proud

Post by Miles Standish Proud » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:53 pm

A quick trawl of chat sites and social media reveals an atmosphere of absolutely bloody seething resentment towards GSB tonight.
One gets the feeling things are reaching critical mass: I reckon there will be a mightily impressive turnout tomorrow.

Boom Kid

Post by Boom Kid » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:54 pm

Lets get ready to RUMBLLLLLLLLLLLlE:scarfer:

Vince

Post by Vince » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:57 pm

Living in Southern California, I can't attend the protest, but from afar I am in full support of it.
I personally know a lot of old skool who will be there, but on the flip side my cousin and his season ticket mates who have been life long Hammers did not know about the protest until I asked them if they were going to be in attendance in our Whatsapp West Ham group.
Volunteers at HU have done an amazing job getting the word out there, but it needs every one who gives a **** about our club to help spread the word. :crest:
Last edited by Vince on Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:43 pm

Too early for me, but all the best for those going.

War Pony

Post by War Pony » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:52 pm

I hope the protest make there way into the ground. It will gain far more traction than the protests outside as the tv cameras wont focus on it.

Hammer1972

Post by Hammer1972 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:02 pm

GaryP wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:33 pm
Got to be the best KUMB debut ever !!
Er, I think Eug would like a word....

Samba

Post by Samba » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:05 pm

Hammer1972 wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:02 pm
Er, I think Eug would like a word....
Surname, 'Jarse'.

rciron

Post by rciron » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:07 pm

Kialos wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:01 pm
All three interviews by the board have done them more damage than good

The protest will get covered in the media.

:crest:
:thup:

rciron

Post by rciron » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:28 pm

sanchoz wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:14 am
Advertisement from Sam Inkersole for the protest tomorrow:

https://www.football.london/west-ham-un ... s-17581322
Sweaty coward Moyeseh, scared he will end up in the same box as Stuart Pearce, England Legend :crest:

Beavis Danzig

Post by Beavis Danzig » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:39 pm

utter lapdog. remember him spouting similar ***** last time around.
Last edited by Beavis Danzig on Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

rciron

Post by rciron » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:14 am

Beavis Danzig wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:57 am
i don't think anyone can give an accurate estimate, i bet plenty like me who have never had anything to do with HU and won't be known to any membership register will be there purely to repesent themselves.
:thup:

Samba

Post by Samba » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:18 am

'Be careful what you wish for?' Not that boring old cliche again.
Short of moving us to Milton Keynes & renaming us MK Hammers, seriously, could anyone do any worse?
Like Noble, why even expect Moyes to slag his employers off? He isn't going to.

Beavis Danzig

Post by Beavis Danzig » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:32 am

Samba wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:18 am
Like Noble, why even expect Moyes to slag his employers off? He isn't going to.
he'd be wise to keep his mouth shut on the issue instead of lecturing the support.

but who knows, maybe it's in his contract.

Tom with no surname

Post by Tom with no surname » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:02 am

flysohigh wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:04 pm
Well stated indeed. We're West Ham and people take notice wherever we go. The board should be no exception!

Hammer Laffers

Post by Hammer Laffers » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:32 am

Wether you agree with the protest tomorrow or not this is by far the most important thing happening around the London Stadium.

When someone collapses and stops breathing, CPR provides their best chance of survival. In the UK there are over 30,000 cardiac arrests a year outside of hospital where the emergency medical services attempt to resuscitate the victim. [1] Fewer than 1 in 10 people survive an out-of-hospital cardiac arrest in the UK. [2] When someone has a cardiac arrest, every minute without CPR and defibrillation reduces their chances of survival by 7-10% [3] but the chance of survival from out-of-hospital cardiac arrest can treble by the immediate provision of bystander CPR. [4]

https://www.resus.org.uk/media/press-re ... e%3D170120
Last edited by Hammer Laffers on Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tackler

Post by Tackler » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:52 am

Reading this makes me sick!

"KARREN BRADY At West Ham we’re celebrating a decade of the Davids and working harder than ever to achieve success
EXCLUSIVE
Karren Brady
17 Jan 2020, 22:30"

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... -sullivan/

Vince

Post by Vince » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:30 am

Vince wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:57 pm
Living in Southern California, I can't attend the protest, but from afar I am in full support of it.
I personally know a lot of old skool who will be there, but on the flip side my cousin and his season ticket mates who have been life long Hammers did not know about the protest until I asked them if they were going to be in attendance in our Whatsapp West Ham group.
Volunteers at HU have done an amazing job getting the word out there, but it needs every one who gives a **** about our club to help spread the word. :crest: