Protests against the board being planned

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

ballantine

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by ballantine » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:19 pm

Up the Junction wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:01 pm
And to those who asked for a transcript of my speech.

Hammers Utd demonstration: 'United For Change' speech
https://www.kumb.com/article.php?id=43731
Thank you - that's a great speech! COYI!

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Post by Up the Junction » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:23 pm

MadaHammer wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:53 am
One other suggestion, I saw lots of people dropping beer cans. I think you should make a point of asking people to take their rubbish away with them as you don't want to be discredited by GSB saying they had to pay people to clear away after the protest.

And can I just say that while I really appreciate the kind words about my speech (and I genuinely do), the people who should be congratulated here are those who have worked - dare I say it - "tirelessly" over the recent months in order to provide us with a platform upon which to express our dissatisfaction.

Those people being the likes of Northbank Bar, Marlow Vaderman, Tross, Watford 'Ammer etc.

brothernero

Post by brothernero » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:35 pm

Cracking read that UTJ. :thup:

Don't think you will be getting your press privileges back nay time soon though. :wink:

smuts

Post by smuts » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:53 pm

Nesticles wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:53 pm
Must only be hours away before GSB parade Noble out in front of a camera in a cry for peace
Surprised they didnt ask him to come out yesterday and start manhandling people out the way :lol:

DM

Post by DM » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:23 pm

Excellent organisation and attendance for what I consider to be the most important demonstration since the Bond scheme. Hats off to all! Has there been any national coverage in today's Sundays? Had a quck look online but could only ser BBC and Sky reports from yesterday.

Watford 'Ammer

Post by Watford 'Ammer » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:35 pm

It’s in the Sun today

Kialos

Post by Kialos » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:41 pm

Good coverage by Matt Law in the Telegraph

bonzosbeard

Post by bonzosbeard » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:45 pm

UTJs words so succinctly put are finding there way to friends and colleagues who can't understand what I moan about.

I'm sure lots of you are doing the same and there will be a better understanding of how these rascals treat us.

Vic_Watson

Post by Vic_Watson » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:51 pm

bonzosbeard wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:45 pm
UTJs words so succinctly put are finding there way to friends and colleagues who can't understand what I moan about.

I'm sure lots of you are doing the same and there will be a better understanding of how these rascals treat us.
Rascals :thup: Much better than the ubiquitous C-word.

bonzosbeard

Post by bonzosbeard » Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:00 pm

Vic_Watson wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:51 pm
Rascals :thup: Much better than the ubiquitous C-word.
I prefer the latter to be honest :lol:

Vic_Watson

Post by Vic_Watson » Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:00 pm

Kialos wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:41 pm
Good coverage by Matt Law in the Telegraph
"the estimated 900 protestors"???

"an expletive-ridden song about West Ham’s co-owners to the tune of Slade’s Cum On Feel The Noize."

A tad negative.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... pton-park/

bonzosbeard

Post by bonzosbeard » Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:03 pm

I still don't understand how the stadium was resold the same day for such a different price. This is property after all and has a market value.

If I was a journalist I would be having a sniff around this.

smuts

Post by smuts » Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:22 pm

bonzosbeard wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:03 pm
I still don't understand how the stadium was resold the same day for such a different price. This is property after all and has a market value.

If I was a journalist I would be having a sniff around this.
If I was the police I'd be sniffing round it...

Beavis Danzig

Post by Beavis Danzig » Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:26 pm

Vic_Watson wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:00 pm
"the estimated 900 protestors"???

"an expletive-ridden song about West Ham’s co-owners to the tune of Slade’s Cum On Feel The Noize."

A tad negative.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... pton-park/
reads more like a puff piece for the other event if you ask me, the implication that no one left for the silly protest because they were having such a great time is a completely unnecessary.

SammyTheHammer

Post by SammyTheHammer » Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:40 pm

Nice work ladies and gents!

Keep this going !

Ingwe

Post by Ingwe » Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:55 pm

Heysel76 wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:45 pm
I'm not a legal bod, but smacks of fraud to me, a pretty serious offence if proven......
I am a 'legal bod' ( having practiced for 30 years) and fraud is much more difficult to prove requiring proving an intention to deceive. But directors of a company owe it a fiduciary duty to act in its best interests. To sell an asset, supposedly having been valued at £x on the Friday, being sold on by the purchaser for £x+20million on the Saturday, suggests that the £x valuation wasn't correct and makes no commercial sense to the seller. Unless there is some hidden connection between those controlling the selling club and the first purchaser. The Club has, on the face of it, lost £20 million. How can that be in the interest of the Club, and who's directors are required, by law, to act in its best interests? It is also prohibited for directors to enjoy a secret profit. Stinks. Really mings more than Spurs' changing room after a match. :thdn:

smuts

Post by smuts » Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:04 pm

So the club's owners sold the ground to another company who then sold it a day later for 20 million extra...nothing dodgy there at all.
Last edited by smuts on Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wembley1966

Post by Wembley1966 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:08 pm

^^^ Although technically it was sold the same day, contractually the switch had been lined up for a few years.

The ground was sitting on the club's books until 15th July 2016 - but they had actually contractually sold it to Boleyn Phoenix Ltd (BPL) over 2 years before then. They exchanged contracts on 31st March 2014 - BPL paid a deposit at that time and took a charge over the ground to protect their interests - i.e. the deposit (the same as a bank does over your property when they lend you a mortgage). They completed the sale on 15th July 2016 when we officially moved out.

BPL contractually sold it on in June 2015 to BDW Trading (Barratts), but could only realise the sale once we had vacated the premises and completed the sale to BPL - which occurred on 15th July 2016. So in theory, BPL completed the purchase on 15th July 2016 and sold it on the same day!

Galliard and Mount Pleasant Development (i.e. Vincent Goldstein) each received £7,886,100 in dividends after the sale.

Lots of discussion at the time on here:
The Accounts (2017) - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=171148&start=80
and
Olympic Stadium Discussion - viewtopic.php?t=164789&start=9140

Even so - it's still dodgy and stinks!

Samba

Post by Samba » Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:31 pm

Ingwe wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:55 pm
I am a 'legal bod' ( having practiced for 30 years) and fraud is much more difficult to prove requiring proving an intention to deceive. But directors of a company owe it a fiduciary duty to act in its best interests. To sell an asset, supposedly having been valued at £x on the Friday, being sold on by the purchaser for £x+20million on the Saturday, suggests that the £x valuation wasn't correct and makes no commercial sense to the seller. Unless there is some hidden connection between those controlling the selling club and the first purchaser. The Club has, on the face of it, lost £20 million. How can that be in the interest of the Club, and who's directors are required, by law, to act in its best interests? It is also prohibited for directors to enjoy a secret profit. Stinks. Really mings more than Spurs' changing room after a match. :thdn:
:thup:
Of course, proving intention is always going to be difficult but we also have 'subsequent actions'.
Gold & Sullivan 'losing' £20m overnight, makes no sense whatsoever, not to two well established businessmen with retained legal services.
They are either the worst two businessmen that the world has ever seen OR, it was what we're all thinking...

Ingwe

Post by Ingwe » Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:49 pm

Thanks Wembley 1966 for the fuller information and the links. I may well post further when I've read the linked material. But as you say it stinks. The funny thing about working in this field, for as long as I have, is that the stink is apparent well before the facts are all out there!