Protests against the board being planned

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

bonzosbeard

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by bonzosbeard » Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:53 pm

I bet they don't like us talking about it.

Heysel76

Post by Heysel76 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:59 pm

^ with that in mind....
Can we have a separate thread listing broken promises & dodgy dealings, so that it's easier for people to jump straight to the dirty deeds?

ironhammer58

Post by ironhammer58 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:06 pm

Was the director of the company it was sold to Harry’s dog :arry:

Mega Ron

Post by Mega Ron » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:27 pm

ironhammer58 wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:06 pm
Was the director of the company it was sold to Harry’s dog :arry:
Don't be silly mate. Rosie was the accountant

Samba

Post by Samba » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:28 pm

Mega Ron wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:27 pm
Don't be silly mate. Rosie was the accountant
Yes, his cat was the Director.

flysohigh

Post by flysohigh » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:34 pm

Great first effort from HU yesterday. Decent turnout but needs more. IMO we could do with someone like UTJ pushed up front as the face as he can be very articulate to media etc.
We need more under 50's. The old school were there but we need more 16-50's surely us in the 50's have kids/nephews etc that would join.
If we can attract more youngsters we will get better social media coverage as its "their world".
Get the next date out early so those that need to travel can arrange.
Onwards and upwards :crest:

CaptainBlueAndClaret

Post by CaptainBlueAndClaret » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:40 pm

Up early at 4:30am, arrived in Stratford early, then went to Upton Park via Plaistow Tube. Saw the Upton Gardens developments, got some food and back to Stratford.

During the ‘static demo’, I stood at the back, could not hear much, BUT that didn’t matter, as far as I was concerned, I was there to make up the numbers… …and to quietly watch and observe!

IMHO, what really mattered, during the ‘static protest’ was THE NUMBERS…

One of the Security personnel told me personally, that there was over a 1,000 there.

Who am I or anybody else to argue with that? If any journalist does, then they ARE NOT doing their job properly…

DM on KUMB (Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:21 pm ) stated;
“BBC 5 Live said close to 2000 Well done to all involved!”

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=176388&start=1340

DevonshireRoad on KUM ( Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:00 pm), stated

“Spoke to the steward on the 'gate' to the area, he said they counted close to 3000 on their clicker, good number for what someone on here described (in complimentary terms) as 'amateurish''

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=176388&start=1400#p5604941

As I left, I watched MANY West Ham fans WALKING AWAY from Grotesque Soulless Bowl, as I now call it…

Walking back to Stratford Station, I concur with LOS, there was a ‘dispirited’ look on the columns of West Ham fans walking/trudging to the match…

LOS on KUMB (Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:30 am), stated;

“I only went to the protest, not the game. So it was really weird going home against the flow of fans. And something there really struck a chord. Went from the protest to Stratford station. From there to West Ham station which included a C2C train pulling in packed with our match going fans,.......... And the part of that I cannot erase from my mind is that going past all those 1000's of fans, I didn;t see any joking around, singing, smiling even. Just a huge big unconnected (almost miserable) mob of people, going through the motions out of habit.”

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=176388&start=1460#p5605242

At Stratford Station, I met a family who had been to the Service at the Memorial Service at Upton Park that Saturday morning. There was a lady who explained that she had had a Season Ticket at Stratford, but didn’t like it and had given it all up…

As I have written previously;

“Radio commentary (R5L) on the VERY first Premier League match there, described the atmosphere as ‘turgid’. Then, recently on another radio channel (TalkSport), the atmosphere was described as ‘toxic’. Finally, on the forum boards, the atmosphere had degenerated so much, that it has now been described as a ‘morgue’…

GSB, the Grotesque Soulless Bowl (Turgid-2-Toxic-2-Morgue Athletics Stadium), brought about by GSB, the ‘Greedy Stadium Baggers’, Del Boy Sullivan, Comedy Gold Boycie and the Duchess of Knightsbridge.

Two Fools and a Mare, have created a DISASTER SO BIG, SO ENORMOUS & CATASTROPHIC, that 20,000 West Ham United fans, YES I REPEAT, twenty thousand West Ham United supporters, WON’T go to the GSB, the Grotesque Soulless Bowl (Turgid-2-Toxic-2-Morgue Athletics Stadium), or have WALKED AWAY…

The 20,000 figure was mentioned by Paul Colborne;

Hammers United Message - The January Protest
Hammers United
Published on Jan 3, 2020

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=176388&start=940#p5601034

When I have spoken to people that figure of, 20,000 West Ham United fans have ALREADY walked away, as a consequence of GSB and the Athletics Stadium… …they are VISIBLY SHOCKED!

ALL BEING WELL, I shall try to make the effort to attend NEXT TIME.

BIG THANK and WELL DONE to everybody who organised the ‘static protest’ and ALSO to those who attended it.

It was a pleasure and an honour, to be in your company.

Wembley1966

Post by Wembley1966 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:00 pm

Ingwe wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:49 pm
Thanks Wembley 1966 for the fuller information and the links. I may well post further when I've read the linked material. But as you say it stinks. The funny thing about working in this field, for as long as I have, is that the stink is apparent well before the facts are all out there!
If you've not read it there's a full write-up by Kieran Maguire at the bottom of his review of the 2017 accounts:
http://priceoffootball.com/west-ham-united-2017-financial-results-fools-gold/

and Sam Wallace - Chief Football Writer of The Telegraph wrote a bit about it:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/05/12/did-west-ham-sell-100-years-history-upton-park-cheaply/

e-20

Post by e-20 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:04 pm

Heysel76 wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:45 pm
I'm not a legal bod, but smacks of fraud to me, a pretty serious offence if proven......
I seem to remember David Conn (may be mis remembering the writer but it's down his street) doing a piece on it around the time. A company that existed for a couple of years doing no business whatsoever seemed to suddenly make a nice fat profit on a business transaction at the time of the sale, details were scarce however but connections to the sale were implied. Others may remember more and whether this was directly linked subsequently, or just a strange 'coindential' occurance but I do remember it stated the obscure major director was a Spurs fan who operated off shore. At that time however the writer couldn't make any direct link to our owners, or couldn't put it in print any way. I expected a lot more to come out thereafter but I have never heard a thing since so again others may well be more knowledgable than my memory allows me to be these days years after the event. Assuming it was Conn he is no mug in investigating these sort of events which he did very successfully over Spurs ground financing and the Milton Keynes property deal manoeuvres around the moving of Wimbledon as the key factor in enabling it.

psychoscoredthelot

Post by psychoscoredthelot » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:06 pm

I was there yesterday need to sort out the PA system. People at the back couldn’t hear. I’m sure it will gain momentum but they won’t go until that clause has expired (think it’s in 18 months time ??) it’s worth too much money to them and after all that’s all they are here for !!

Taking millions out of the club each year. The club is being raped

MadMart

Post by MadMart » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:11 pm

It's a very good start - well done and thanks to the organisers and our very own UTJ
- better PA
- less cussing (from the fans) (cnuts, really??)
- clear up our own litter - well done those that did
The message will get out - like a rolling stone gathering moss it's a small start, but if we keep on keepin' on....
We are the real shareholders and we want CHANGE :crest:

happydaystoytown

Post by happydaystoytown » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:11 pm

The trouble is, it's all going to plan, their rotten plan.

20,000 have stopped going, yet it was sold out on Saturday!

20,000 staunch supporters, replaced by "shall we do a bit of shopping at Westfield and take in a game at the West Ham today", happy clappy, merchandise buying, pop corn eating, uncomplaining, sitting quietly and shuffling home quietly, fairweather supporters.....This is exactly what the f*ckers planned all along.

Like Watford Hammer said on Saturday, it's about changing the hearts and minds of the 40,000 sitting in the stadium.
All we can do is try.

Relegation and a few years languishing in the lower divisions might also make them rethink their masterplan or even better, just sell up and go.

LordStanley

Post by LordStanley » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:21 pm

A big 'well done' to those that organised and attended yesterday.

Wembley1966

Post by Wembley1966 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:27 pm

psychoscoredthelot wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:06 pm
’m sure it will gain momentum but they won’t go until that clause has expired (think it’s in 18 months time ??)
It expires on the 22nd March 2023.

Wembley1966

Post by Wembley1966 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:29 pm

e-20 wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:04 pm
I seem to remember David Conn (may be mis remembering the writer but it's down his street) doing a piece on it around the time.
Are you sure it wasn't the Kieran Maguire write-up:
http://priceoffootball.com/west-ham-united-2017-financial-results-fools-gold/

A couple of things may prompt your memory!
This particular gentleman (who may or may not be the shareholder in Mount Pleasant Developments) is connected to the Rock Group and is the cousin of the former Vice-Chairman of Spurs, Paul Kemsley, who some may know from ITVBe’s magnificent The Real Housewives of Beverley Hills, where his wife, Dorit Kemsley, is one of the stars.

jonnysissons

Post by jonnysissons » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:48 pm

Beavis Danzig wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:26 pm
reads more like a puff piece for the other event if you ask me, the implication that no one left for the silly protest because they were having such a great time is a completely unnecessary.
Me and my mate were there. Heard John M speak ( very funny by the way) had a piccy with him, finished our pints and got to the protest in plenty of time. Missed the very beginning but got the gist of it. Like many others have said we couldn’t hear anything but clapped when everyone else did. Joined in the singing as well.

Did have a smile when we were waiting at one of the stop go abominations when we were heading to the station at the end when a group of guys started singing the lies, lies, lies song. Kept singing it to myself all the way home 😁

Great effort everyone. I’ll be at the next protest.

COYI.

e-20

Post by e-20 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:59 pm

Wembley1966 wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:29 pm
Are you sure it wasn't the Kieran Maguire write-up:
I think you are probably correct I certainly remember reading that article on the Accounts and the Boleyn sale mystery and Maguires write up certainly fits the bill too. Thanks for the heads up.

Hammer1972

Post by Hammer1972 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:09 pm

Wembley1966 wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:29 pm
A couple of things may prompt your memory!
Are Eggert Magnusson and his twin brother secretly involved in the deal somewhere?

chappo59
Location: In a land far far away where away defeats are frowned upon

Post by chappo59 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:14 pm

Just read an interesting interview with Lady Greedy in the business section of the Sunday Times (sorry can't post a link I read it the old fashioned inky way)
She invited a female reporter to visit her and interview her for what I assume she thought would be a good piece of PR.
Oh dear., the interviewer laid into her about why she failed to leave the Phillip Green empire, given that she'd previously called out Weinsteinas as a "serial predator" also what she thought about hostesses at the infamous Presidents Club dinner being allegedly sexually harassed and propositioned, given Sullivan was Patron...... Greedy said "Oh David would never go to anything like that..... That was his son"
She also said that football is a kind of religion for West Ham fans and you do everything you can to make it work out, but sometimes it doesnt.

Methinks her two faced mask is slipping and maybe the non football press are starting to declare it open season.

Kialos

Post by Kialos » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:21 pm

That's interesting. David Sullivan senior was one of he patrons so he would almost certainly have attended. It was Jack Sullivan, who was also on the guest list who the Sullivan's refused to confirm whether he was in attendance or not.

Not a good look for Brady to throw one of the Sullivan kids under the bus like that, although no sympathy for any concerned.

Re Matt Law, take the article as a whole rather than as invested West Ham fans who know everything inside out and take umbrage at individual remarks. The message he put out was loud and clear, club has lost it's soul and fans are protesting against the board. He's a widely read journalist, he's not going to go through the 10 point plan so we have to be realistic. It was positive publicity. We aint in a position to be picky at the moment.