Protests against the board being planned

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

SammyLeeWasOffside

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by SammyLeeWasOffside » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:23 pm

Eggs'n'nuts wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:00 pm
This is all pretty much spot on mate.

Until they're shown up for the type of people they really are (hopefully with our efforts/help), they'll just keep squeezing every pound they can out of the club. After all, when your an alleged billionaire, why stop there when you can get another ten, twenty million or so.

Greed, greed, greed.
I think it will take relegation to expose the hollow nature of their plan. The day trippers and shoppers aren't what will get the club through life in the championship, the cheap ticket fans of other clubs won't turn up to watch Barnsleys superstars.

Their plan for a new breed of more plastic clientele requires PL football.

sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Post by sanchoz » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:25 pm

Up the Junction wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:23 pm
I wonder what West Ham's 'Head of Football Media Relations' Ben Campbell has to say about this?
Can't take away your press accreditation again UtJ so he will possibly just stick to phone calls to editors for now.

whuisa_bonds_H

Post by whuisa_bonds_H » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:42 pm

Speech from WHUISA Chair Sue Watson at Saturday's demo:

https://whuisa.org/news/2020/1/20/whuis ... ed-protest

Doc H Ball

Post by Doc H Ball » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:42 pm

Up the Junction wrote:
I wonder what West Ham's 'Head of Football Media Relations' Ben Campbell has to say about this?
I'm still waiting to hear the SLO or Chair of the OSB say something. Given it's their job like...

Samba

Post by Samba » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:44 pm

kev wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:30 pm
Talksport claim only 700 turned up
More like their own audience figures..

Marlow Vaderman

Post by Marlow Vaderman » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:57 pm

Doc H Ball wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:42 pm
I'm still waiting to hear the SLO or Chair of the OSB say something. Given it's their job like...
Ouch Doc
That truth has got to smart..
But a very prudent point. The media coverage, the rumbling from GSB.. the massive social media activity (both positive and otherwise) yet from our only officially recognised conduit between fans and club..
Pppfffttt
Their silence for me speaks louder than any statement the could have made...
As always, just my honest and humble opinion..
MV ⚒⚒

ereford ammer

Post by ereford ammer » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:07 pm

SammyLeeWasOffside wrote:
I think it will take relegation to expose the hollow nature of their plan. The day trippers and shoppers aren't what will get the club through life in the championship, the cheap ticket fans of other clubs won't turn up to watch Barnsleys superstars.

Their plan for a new breed of more plastic clientele requires PL football.
I fear that you are right. The shameless rebranding by the dildo gang will need drastic action. GSB out! :crest:

DaveWHU1964

Post by DaveWHU1964 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:27 pm

Marlow Vaderman wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:57 pm
Their silence for me speaks louder than any statement the could have made...
They haven't been told what to say yet Marlow. :)

Their silence speaks volumes and just further illustrates that as happens so often the club thought they were being clever by setting up a puppet OSB and as so often before they weren't being clever at all. Because of the OSB's nothingness, impotence, servitude and irrelevance they've created a void and voids get filled by the likes of HU and WHUISA.

Great work by you guys for last Saturday. I joined WHUISA ages ago and worried a bit that HU would mean the support would get further splintered. You're been a breathe of fresh air though - I will get around to joining. We need as many, strong, independent outlets as possible. I hope HU and WHUISA can thrive at the same time and work together whenever possible - the clientele may be different from group to group but more unites them than divides them.

Albie Beck

Post by Albie Beck » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:34 pm

Dave - quite a few of us are members of both. Given good will (and there seems to be a good deal of it around at the mo) then there's no reason why the groups - plus other media-based organisations - can't work together.

DaveWHU1964

Post by DaveWHU1964 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:41 pm

Great stuff Albie :thup:

Mega Ron

Post by Mega Ron » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:56 pm

Myself and my brother have just joined, so you'll have 2 new members.

Eggs'n'nuts

Post by Eggs'n'nuts » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:14 pm

Regarding the press:

Without dumping too much onto you UtJ, with your experience and, how can I say, rubbing shoulders with the press over the years, is there any way you can get a feel of what said press think with all the goings on? Maybe with the possibly with pointing them to the supporters groups and some of the more "knowledgeable posters" who can quote and back up facts and figures.

Marlow Vaderman

Post by Marlow Vaderman » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:49 pm

DaveWHU1964 wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:27 pm

Their silence speaks volumes and just further illustrates that as happens so often the club thought they were being clever by setting up a puppet OSB and as so often before they weren't being clever at all. Because of the OSB's nothingness, impotence, servitude and irrelevance they've created a void and voids get filled by the likes of HU and WHUISA.

Great work by you guys for last Saturday. I joined WHUISA ages ago and worried a bit that HU would mean the support would get further splintered. You're been a breathe of fresh air though - I will get around to joining. We need as many, strong, independent outlets as possible. I hope HU and WHUISA can thrive at the same time and work together whenever possible - the clientele may be different from group to group but more unites them than divides them.
Dave
There is only one agenda at HU.. make things better for ALL West Ham Fans by whatever means. We are a disparate group of supporters who answered the call from Bubbles to try once again to reunite the fan base. And that is what we saw the green shoots of Saturday.
Much work to do against a well financed and equipped foe. But as long as we ALL stand together we have a chance. Join soon and add your name to the growing list of people who say “Enough is enough”. You will be most welcome, as will any Hammers Fan Reading this.
But this is bigger even than HU. This is about “West Ham United For Change.
We simply have to stand together, and keep doing so, until Change is forthcoming.
COYI ⚒⚒

sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Post by sanchoz » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:51 pm

Another excellent article by Paul Walker:

https://www.kumb.com/article.php?id=43732

GaryP

Post by GaryP » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:56 pm

DaveWHU1964 wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:27 pm

http://hammersunited.com/join/

k-r-c

Post by k-r-c » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:39 pm

Probably been mentioned but was there Saturday and was a struggle to hear what was actually being said unless you were directly infront - after about 20 mins or so i was watching people leave which possibly was due to the fact they couldn't hear.

I did catch some of it but in the end just stayed to keep the numbers up as couldn't hear either. I thought at the time there was about 1500 at its best but could be off.

But a well done to all those invovled, need to keep it going now.

Mega Ron

Post by Mega Ron » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:03 pm

k-r-c wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:39 pm
Probably been mentioned but was there Saturday and was a struggle to hear what was actually being said unless you were directly infront - after about 20 mins or so i was watching people leave which possibly was due to the fact they couldn't hear.

I did catch some of it but in the end just stayed to keep the numbers up as couldn't hear either. I thought at the time there was about 1500 at its best but could be off.

But a well done to all those invovled, need to keep it going now.
I think they should get Romford along. He's loud enough to be heard

Georgee Paris

Post by Georgee Paris » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:44 pm

I think the speeches have made all the points perfectly. It’s down to the club and the boards supporters to answer those points. I think personally the next protest should be noisy. Singing and chanting. Get the crowd involved and that will attract more. Preaching to the converted the same points no matter how true may just be ignored and the protests numbers may fizzle - let them try and ignore that crowd when they are singing and chanting. That will attract more attention and more followers.

Kialos

Post by Kialos » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:13 pm

whuisa_bonds_H wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:42 pm
Speech from WHUISA Chair Sue Watson at Saturday's demo:

https://whuisa.org/news/2020/1/20/whuis ... ed-protest
Another very good and pertinent speech, well done Sue. :crest:

Samba

Post by Samba » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:38 pm

Georgee Paris wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:44 pm
I think the speeches have made all the points perfectly. It’s down to the club and the boards supporters to answer those points. I think personally the next protest should be noisy. Singing and chanting. Get the crowd involved and that will attract more. Preaching to the converted the same points no matter how true may just be ignored and the protests numbers may fizzle - let them try and ignore that crowd when they are singing and chanting. That will attract more attention and more followers.
Think you're really onto something there, Georgee. :thup:
Print out some song word sheets of our protest songs (swearing understandable but on these occasions, best left out) & have enough to hand out to everyone. Bound to be a printer in our support, more than willing to help.
Singing & especially in groups is well known to be so good for people, especially mentally.
Also, people are not just standing there, listening (even if they can all hear). All singing together, bloody heartfelt words means that EVERYONE there, will feel involved & part of it. You don't even need music (at this stage), just a reminder of each tune!
The Hammers United Choir!
:crest: :scarfer: