Protests against the board being planned

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

Post Reply
Online
User avatar
Diogenes
Posts: 1275
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:07 pm

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by Diogenes » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:20 pm

Watford 'Ammer wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:54 pm
I genuinely believe the reason people didn’t join us is because they are blinded by the GSB PR machine.

We have to unpick that to get them on board.

Our aim remains the same: disband the OSB and open up dialogue. But to bring more people with us they need those blindfolds removed.

We can do that by offering up these, seemingly obvious, quick gestures the board could do.
I do not think that is actually true. 'Most' people who go to the game do not come on KUMB, or necessarily use social media (or if they do don't necessarily go for WHUFC news). The problem with all social media is that it gives the impression of 'support' for a cause without real context. Unless you are regularly 'in their face' or in the media it is really is pointless. To be fair, for this protest, it has received a reasonable amount of media coverage, but it needs to be followed up otherwise its forgotten. I feel WHU knows this, however the next step is the most important. Its also important to understand that despite the obvious frustrations of the many, WHU must be seen as a 'supporters group' rather than a rebellious pressure group'. A really difficult line to tread but, to date, I think they have done extremely well.

User avatar
e17
Posts: 12586
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:52 pm
Location: Deep deep down

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by e17 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:23 pm

DaveWHU1964 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:03 pm
A rare Saturday off for me so it’ll be at least two more :scarfer:

Played HU.
+3 :wink:

User avatar
e17
Posts: 12586
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:52 pm
Location: Deep deep down

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by e17 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:30 pm

HammerAl wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:17 pm
My only, I guess, “issue” is why we’re giving GSB another chance to make amends? IMO, we should be hounding GSB out rather than giving them the opportunity to right their wrongs. The damage has already been done for me
I’d never claim to be a Trap or Jinxed, but as I’ve said before on here, I am a little bit “in the know” from a professional standpoint. I have done work for David Sullivan in the past (he pays on time) and enjoyed a chat or 3 with the Sully lad.

And as hard as this is to hear HammerAl, they have no plans to sell up or f*** off anytime soon. This club will be the nest egg for the sprogs unless they don’t want it because of it becoming a relentless horrible experience.

Their old uns are making that likely.

User avatar
DM
Posts: 892
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:43 pm
Location: Itchycoo Park

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by DM » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:37 pm

Quick question to HU organisers. Did you have leafletters at all the entry points to the stadium informing fans of what was going on. If not, a quick win next time?

User avatar
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Posts: 56275
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2002 12:03 am

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by Up the Junction » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:41 pm

Samba wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:32 pm
I also need to check with TOMoS, that I haven't said something bad in Welsh..
:D

HammerAl
Posts: 1919
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:30 pm

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by HammerAl » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:56 pm

e17 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:30 pm
I’d never claim to be a Trap or Jinxed, but as I’ve said before on here, I am a little bit “in the know” from a professional standpoint. I have done work for David Sullivan in the past (he pays on time) and enjoyed a chat or 3 with the Sully lad.

And as hard as this is to hear HammerAl, they have no plans to sell up or **** off anytime soon. This club will be the nest egg for the sprogs unless they don’t want it because of it becoming a relentless horrible experience.

Their old uns are making that likely.
That really is terrible to hear mate. The thought of them and their family being in charge of our amazing club for many years to come is pretty heartbreaking to be honest.

With the current owners being unlikely to change their ways, regardless of how far these protests go, it looks like we’re going to be stuck big time. (That is all IMO and, again, not meaning to downplay the hard work HU are doing).

I guess I had it in my head that we could get rid of them like the Birmingham fans did. Make their lives living hell. I can see it all turning very nasty though, especially with there being a real chance of relegation this season.

Kialos
Posts: 8505
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:11 pm

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by Kialos » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:14 am

e17 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:30 pm
I’d never claim to be a Trap or Jinxed, but as I’ve said before on here, I am a little bit “in the know” from a professional standpoint. I have done work for David Sullivan in the past (he pays on time) and enjoyed a chat or 3 with the Sully lad.

And as hard as this is to hear HammerAl, they have no plans to sell up or **** off anytime soon. This club will be the nest egg for the sprogs unless they don’t want it because of it becoming a relentless horrible experience.

Their old uns are making that likely.
I imagine they are telling you the party line as they are hardly going to say they will be selling up at some future unspecified date.

Sullivan is not a complete idiot, he knows the nest egg would disappear under the ownership of those two intellectual amoeba

User avatar
Samba
Posts: 10062
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:36 pm
Location: Gold, Sullivan & Brady? We're coming for you..

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by Samba » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:41 am

HammerAl wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:56 pm
With the current owners being unlikely to change their ways, regardless of how far these protests go, it looks like we’re going to be stuck big time. (That is all IMO and, again, not meaning to downplay the hard work HU are doing).
I think that HU are wisely prepared to play the long game, Al. GSB could much more easily withstand a short game. The long game would be harder for them to deflect. It will eventually start to grind them down. HU & all of us, don't have a lot to lose (largely 'thanks' to GSB). They however, do have something to lose; the falling value of the club in the future. And bad publicity, which is just warming up.

User avatar
Wembley1966
Posts: 6249
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by Wembley1966 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:47 am

The 29th February is the date that the accounts must be filed at Companies House by.

They are not going to be as good as the previous year's and there's bound to be some interesting points in the notes (loan repayments, interest charged, related party disclosures). If it was good news then they would have been published by now as last year's were. They will probably file them as late as possible so that Companies House won't be able to scan them and publish them on their website until the beginning of March - after the next protest.

It does however present an opportunity as hopefully there will be media coverage the following week about the protest that also might tie-in with the coverage that the accounts will be getting.

HammerAl
Posts: 1919
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:30 pm

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by HammerAl » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:52 am

Samba wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:41 am
I think that HU are wisely prepared to play the long game, Al. GSB could much more easily withstand a short game. The long game would be harder for them to deflect. It will eventually start to grind them down. HU & all of us, don't have a lot to lose (largely 'thanks' to GSB). They however, do have something to lose; the falling value of the club in the future. And bad publicity, which is just warming up.
I really, really hope you’re right, Samba. I’ve always thought the only way they’d leave the club is if their egos take a battering. The idea of them still being around for the long-term is hideous. Fingers crossed a continual bombardment from HU and the fans really will help. And like you say, a relegation will mean a lot more to them than it would to us.

User avatar
Georgee Paris
Posts: 22105
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2004 3:07 pm
Location: RUSH HOUR CRUSH

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by Georgee Paris » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:51 am

Im not going to call them the board or gold Sullivan and Brady anymore.
I prefer the ‘razzle dazzle relegation delegation’

Watford 'Ammer
Posts: 622
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2002 12:59 pm

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by Watford 'Ammer » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:53 am

DM wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:37 pm
Quick question to HU organisers. Did you have leafletters at all the entry points to the stadium informing fans of what was going on. If not, a quick win next time?
We didn’t - but it is one of the many lessons we have. We go again, bigger and better on the 29th :crest:

Watford 'Ammer
Posts: 622
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2002 12:59 pm

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by Watford 'Ammer » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:58 am

Wembley.

We’d like to include releasing the accounts as one of the 40.

Do you have a way we could phrase that positively?

User avatar
Georgee Paris
Posts: 22105
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2004 3:07 pm
Location: RUSH HOUR CRUSH

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by Georgee Paris » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:09 am

I might be able to help with the printing of the leaflets

User avatar
westham,eggyandchips
Posts: 15533
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:06 pm
Location: Homeward Bound

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by westham,eggyandchips » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:18 am

e17 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:30 pm


And as hard as this is to hear HammerAl, they have no plans to sell up or **** off anytime soon. This club will be the nest egg for the sprogs unless they don’t want it because of it becoming a relentless horrible experience.

I got the same info from Brady's Ex-P.A.
The same person that told me, any future sale of the club "has to involve members of Sullivans family remaining as board members" and that she knew of at least 10 other PL clubs that won't deal with Brady (or WHUFC) because of her newspaper column and what she had written about various managers, players and fellow chairmen.


My only ITK ever!

Northbank Bar
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:09 pm

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by Northbank Bar » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:35 am

Morning all.

All your points are noted.The next protest will be before the Southampton game.We must ramp it up and look to get 4000 there.We did our best last time with the resources available to us and no money.

People are joining up and offering help every day.We also have plans to raise monet to pay for leaflets etc.Georgee your offer of help is noted.

Thanks again.

www.hammersunited Westhamunitedforchange.

User avatar
PF.
Warsaw's Peter Stringfellow
Posts: 4299
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2004 2:26 pm
Location: Brentwood

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by PF. » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:44 am

bonzosbeard wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:05 pm
Ian Abrahams. Call yourself a West Ham fan? Hang your head in shame.

Just remember this for the rest of your life. You would never ever be accepted on the North Bank after your behaviour.
Yup. I’m sure you read this in one form of another “Moose”. You’re not one of us, and you’ll never be one of us. Don’t care? What comes up, comes down - remember that.

User avatar
westham,eggyandchips
Posts: 15533
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:06 pm
Location: Homeward Bound

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by westham,eggyandchips » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:03 am

I can't and I wont miss this one. :crest:

User avatar
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Posts: 11905
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:28 am

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by Clacton-ammer » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:06 am

My initial thoughts on the Guv not speaking was a bad decision (although I doff my cap for the reason why), as we needed a "proper" voice as to the real reasons why the protest went ahead and why it will gather momentum. Reading up after & looking at the media it would appear that it was totally the right call, just need the right people to keep making the right noises and keep the message out there.

Changing the minds of the ones in the stadium I saw on Saturday is going to be a painstakingly long & difficult job, so keep the good fight going, I applaud you all & will again be present at the next protest, you have all reminded me of what we are still about :thup: :crest:

MadaHammer
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:47 pm

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by MadaHammer » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:08 am

Northbank Bar wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:35 am
Morning all.

All your points are noted.The next protest will be before the Southampton game.We must ramp it up and look to get 4000 there.We did our best last time with the resources available to us and no money.

People are joining up and offering help every day.We also have plans to raise monet to pay for leaflets etc.Georgee your offer of help is noted.

Thanks again.

www.hammersunited Westhamunitedforchange.
That's good news. Hopefully you take the f*** onboard regarding the PA system as that should be an easy one to put right.

Would you consider the possibility of making the next protest a bit later? I'm confident you'll attract more people that way.

Post Reply