Protests against the board being planned

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

steps

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by steps » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:16 pm

Puff Daddy wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:50 am
Whoever wrote that~ Nail on head
Great piece.

Don’t think they’d appoint an energetic manager who’d be allowed to build from the bottom upwards if we went down though.

They’d just let Moyes crack on and task him with getting us up at the first attempt, carbon copy of what they did with Allardyce. Good luck to ‘em getting bums on seats in The Bowl if that happens.

norse

Post by norse » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:25 pm

steps wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:16 pm
Great piece.

Don’t think they’d appoint an energetic manager who’d be allowed to build from the bottom upwards if we went down though.

They’d just let Moyes crack on and task him with getting us up at the first attempt, carbon copy of what they did with Allardyce. Good luck to ‘em getting bums on seats in The Bowl if that happens.
They'll need a scapegoat if relegated though, Moyes fits that bill obviously

Billy Hunt

Post by Billy Hunt » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:27 pm

The Talksport stance re Paul Colborne is a strange one.

In the lead up to the Burnley game and the planned march in 2018, the same Talksport afternoon show had one of the guys behind the RWHAG on a couple of times. Now whilst the guy wasn't subject to an FBO at the time, he was awaiting sentencing for various, pretty serious, offences... That was alright though yeh ?

Northbank Bar

Post by Northbank Bar » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:41 pm

Following the success of last week’s protest Hammers United can announce that the next protest will before the Southampton match on February 29th.Full details will be announced as soon as possible.
Last Saturday led to a raising of our profile and of the campaign Westhamunited for change.More West Ham supporters are joining by the hour and we are very confident that there will many many more on February 29th than last Saturday.
Make no mistake,the club will make every effort to discredit and derail our campaign.They have considerable resources behind them.-And it is evident that elements of the Press and Media will back them no matter what.
We have only one real resource.-But it is the greatest of them all.-The ordinary West Ham Supporters who are fed up with the way our club is being run.We look to you our members,friends and fellow supporters to spread the word,join us in this just campaign,and get our message out there to all the world. Westhamunitedforchange.
Thank-You.

Hammers United Committee.
www.hammersunited.com

Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Post by Puff Daddy » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:46 pm

steps wrote:
Great piece.

… and the journalist describing Pellers' personality as' like a garden shed' I would also think, very accurate

mushy

Post by mushy » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:31 pm

steps wrote:
Great piece.

Looking back, the most energetic manager they have ever appointed was probably Barry Fry.
What more can you say?

Supreme

Post by Supreme » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:32 pm

Northbank Bar wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:41 pm
Following the success of last week’s protest Hammers United can announce that the next protest will before the Southampton match on February 29th.Full details will be announced as soon as possible.
Last Saturday led to a raising of our profile and of the campaign Westhamunited for change.More West Ham supporters are joining by the hour and we are very confident that there will many many more on February 29th than last Saturday.
Make no mistake,the club will make every effort to discredit and derail our campaign.They have considerable resources behind them.-And it is evident that elements of the Press and Media will back them no matter what.
We have only one real resource.-But it is the greatest of them all.-The ordinary West Ham Supporters who are fed up with the way our club is being run.We look to you our members,friends and fellow supporters to spread the word,join us in this just campaign,and get our message out there to all the world. Westhamunitedforchange.
Thank-You.

Hammers United Committee.
www.hammersunited.com
Are we marching Paul?

Samba

Post by Samba » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:25 pm

Watford 'Ammer wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:58 am
Do you have a way we could phrase that positively?
Show us the figures, you lying b*stards..

Samba

Post by Samba » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:27 pm

The Old Man of Storr wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:34 am
With those set of letters I'd beat you in a game of Countdown that's for sure . :D

A night with Rachel Riley if you can pronounce the ' double L ' sound . :D
I have an English tongue TOMoS. You know that counts as a disability when it comes to speaking Welsh, Scottish or Irish words..

Big George

Post by Big George » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:29 pm

Albie Beck wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:58 am
Sky are the same stable, TOMoS
Not anymore, Murdoch sold Sky to Comcast.

Put some of the money from that into NewsUK buying Wireless, owners of TalkSport.

wobble

Post by wobble » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:36 pm

Watford 'Ammer wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:32 am
Wobble - all in hand and being discussed by the committee this week.

:thup:

wobble

Post by wobble » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:46 pm

Billy Hunt wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:27 pm
The Talksport stance re Paul Colborne is a strange one.

In the lead up to the Burnley game and the planned march in 2018, the same Talksport afternoon show had one of the guys behind the RWHAG on a couple of times. Now whilst the guy wasn't subject to an FBO at the time, he was awaiting sentencing for various, pretty serious, offences... That was alright though yeh ?
I wonder how they found out Paul had a FBO.

Belchio

Post by Belchio » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:02 pm

Inflatable Sullivan blimp like the trump protests? Wouldn't need to be huge at all.......

Pardon

Vic_Watson

Post by Vic_Watson » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:06 pm

wobble wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:46 pm
I wonder how they found out Paul had a FBO.
Seriously? Who doesn't know?

Jameslegend

Post by Jameslegend » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:28 pm

I know the social media bit has been touched on before... but I noticed that on the David Gold wishing a happy birthday to David Martin tweet - a number of people have posted a reply saying GSBOUT. A couple have posted a KUMB post from this very thread about the similarities we have with Birmingham.

It would be good to have a something we could continuously post in reply to anything on social media related to West Ham with all of the things (or at least a handful) of the things we are unhappy with. I could write it up on my phone in notes but hopefully someone with some more skills could do something better. It would get the things we are unhappy with spreading through social media a bit more and hopefully help to build the momentum we started on Saturday.

Marlow Vaderman

Post by Marlow Vaderman » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:53 pm

James legend
I will pass this onto the committee of HU for their advice.
Many thanks
⚒⚒

Jameslegend

Post by Jameslegend » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:58 pm

Marlow Vaderman wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:53 pm
James legend
I will pass this onto the committee of HU for their advice.
Many thanks
⚒⚒

Please just call me James... my embarrassing username from my younger days makes even me cringe :lol:

Marlow Vaderman

Post by Marlow Vaderman » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:11 pm

Jameslegend wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:58 pm

Please just call me James... my embarrassing username from my younger days makes even me cringe :lol:
Roger that..
Watch this space James
⚒⚒

Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Post by Puff Daddy » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:16 pm

They will be very aware of developments and seeing that this protest in gathering pace and clearly is not going away anytime soon, surely they must in private moments, stop to consider, why is it, we were despised by our own supporters at Birmingham, to the point, they had other option other than to jack it all in and now things are being repeated at West Ham.

Watford 'Ammer

Post by Watford 'Ammer » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:52 pm

Dear Karren Brady, David Gold and David Sullivan: Hammers United and its supporters will stand together again on 29 February 2020. On each of the 40 days following this announcement, in the build up to that fixture versus Southampton, we will suggest one goodwill gesture you can implement to begin to signal your intent to positively engage in ‘West Ham United for Change’.

We will also continue to work tirelessly to help you to fulfil your pledge from 10 years ago to “listen to supporters” by developing an independent and democratic construct to engage in dialogue with the club. This construct will allow us to further explore ‘West Ham United for Change’; the banner that brings the West Ham family together.

It is our wish that on 29 February we are able to look to the future and share with our members the progress you have made and the positive intent you have signalled as we stand once again, together; Hammers United, West Ham United for Change.

Day 2, Goodwill gesture 2:

In the coming days, we think it would be fantastic if you could use your media contacts in TalkSport, Sky or The Evening Standard to express a desire to see Rail Seating introduced at the London Stadium.

Many thanks, Hammers United Committee.