Protests against the board being planned

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

Post Reply
User avatar
pbenjy
Posts: 1728
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:24 am
Location: Flying High

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by pbenjy » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:01 am

Mega Ron wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:50 am
Is Phil Jupitus still exiled in Scotland?

He strikes me as the sort that can't be bought by GSB
I met him last year and he told me that he had jacked it in completely since the move. I think that he is still in Scotland.

User avatar
LOS
Posts: 920
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 4:53 pm
Location: OS Stadium Exile

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by LOS » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:03 am

I reckon Tony Gale (& Friends) is your man.

I've seen him at a fair few events, and he's never got a good word to say about the new place or the regime - frequently takes the pee, He gets where the fans are coming from. And I don't beleive he is in bed with the board / club. He is media savvy, a brilliant talker and if he could carry some of the 'boys of 86' brand', then i reckon Hammers United (& friends) will be golden. (Could be completely wrong of course, and GSB have that one covered).

One day, we will see the end of GSB, and all those media / social media high profile 'fans / outlets' will do well to remember why they are so high profile, and who it is exactly that follows them. I'd start hedging my alliances if i were some of those people.

User avatar
The Sherriff
Posts: 2242
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 1:31 pm
Location: South Twyford
Contact:

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by The Sherriff » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:47 am

LOS wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:03 am
I reckon Tony Gale (& Friends) is your man.

I've seen him at a fair few events, and he's never got a good word to say about the new place or the regime - frequently takes the pee, He gets where the fans are coming from. And I don't beleive he is in bed with the board / club. He is media savvy, a brilliant talker and if he could carry some of the 'boys of 86' brand', then i reckon Hammers United (& friends) will be golden. (Could be completely wrong of course, and GSB have that one covered).

One day, we will see the end of GSB, and all those media / social media high profile 'fans / outlets' will do well to remember why they are so high profile, and who it is exactly that follows them. I'd start hedging my alliances if i were some of those people.
Tony Gale is very media savvy …. and has spoken out before.

Unfortunately, just like the majority of spineless west ham supporting hacks, Messer’s Corden or Brand won’t say anything.

Would Dyer or Winston speak out? As much as I like him - Akabusi confuses revenue with spend and falls into that common trap of looking at the clubs problems from the manager down.

Get Welsh on board, Get Paulo to speak out. Get some publicity from those dissenters and watch it flow.

That it’s taken an Aston Villa fan to report on the weekends protest shows how weak and fearful some of them are.

We have a big celebrity fan base, can’t believe they are all so blinkered or happy with the **** storm that we’ve presided over for the last 10 years.

User avatar
Supreme
Posts: 474
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:11 pm
Location: East Stand Upper RIP

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by Supreme » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:49 am

LOS wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:03 am
I reckon Tony Gale (& Friends) is your man.

I've seen him at a fair few events, and he's never got a good word to say about the new place or the regime - frequently takes the pee, He gets where the fans are coming from. And I don't beleive he is in bed with the board / club. He is media savvy, a brilliant talker and if he could carry some of the 'boys of 86' brand', then i reckon Hammers United (& friends) will be golden. (Could be completely wrong of course, and GSB have that one covered).

One day, we will see the end of GSB, and all those media / social media high profile 'fans / outlets' will do well to remember why they are so high profile, and who it is exactly that follows them. I'd start hedging my alliances if i were some of those people.
Good shout. I'd add Cottee in as well

User avatar
sicknote
Plumbing the depths
Posts: 29790
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2002 9:34 pm
Location: looking out of my secret nuclear bunker
Contact:

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by sicknote » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:02 pm

Supreme wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:49 am
Good shout. I'd add Cottee in as well
:thup: :crest:

User avatar
Mega Ron
Posts: 9954
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:35 pm
Location: Warp's mum

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by Mega Ron » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:08 pm

I can empathise with the difficulty ex players (and even honest sports writers/pundits) might face. Especially if their livelihoods still depend at all upon monies earned through football.

If I annoy GSB, there's nothing they can do to me.

User avatar
Beavis Danzig
Posts: 5245
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:12 pm
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by Beavis Danzig » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:11 pm

irvine welsh retweeted the protest. not bad with a pen that bloke.

User avatar
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Posts: 56348
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2002 12:03 am

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by Up the Junction » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:30 pm

It's quite catchy.



User avatar
HammerMan2004
Posts: 22262
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:01 pm
Location: I have no idea.

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by HammerMan2004 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:41 pm

Up the Junction wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:30 pm
It's quite catchy.
Not to try and pick holes. But the lyrics in the video don't match what is being sung.

"You stole all our money", not "You took all the money"...

User avatar
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Posts: 56348
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2002 12:03 am

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by Up the Junction » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:27 pm

HammerMan2004 wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:41 pm
Not to try and pick holes. But the lyrics in the video don't match what is being sung.
Lyrics taken from Hammers Utd, who came up with the song:

https://twitter.com/HammersUnited2/stat ... 94817?s=20

And I don't think making potentially libellous claims is going to do me any favours.

User avatar
steps
Posts: 2758
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:18 am

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by steps » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:35 pm

James Corden has tweeted about G&S’s failings in previous transfer windows and the way the club is run in the past.

muskie
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:52 pm

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by muskie » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:42 pm

steps wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:35 pm
James Corden has tweeted about G&S’s failings in previous transfer windows and the way the club is run in the past.
Has he really? Well he's certainly worth a punt for Bubbles then.

User avatar
Samba
Posts: 10157
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:36 pm
Location: Gold, Sullivan & Brady? We're coming for you..

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by Samba » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:49 pm

Mega Ron wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:08 pm
I can empathise with the difficulty ex players (and even honest sports writers/pundits) might face. Especially if their livelihoods still depend at all upon monies earned through football.

If I annoy GSB, there's nothing they can do to me.
You might wake up with a bejewelled panther's head in bed, next to you..

Watford 'Ammer
Posts: 627
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2002 12:59 pm

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by Watford 'Ammer » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:00 pm

Either version works. The song is in its infancy so we will see if ‘Stole’ becomes a fan’s favourite then so be it :wink:

User avatar
Knighter10WHU
Posts: 3195
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 10:22 pm
Location: Berkshire.

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by Knighter10WHU » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:10 pm

Good chant we also need something simple and quick to pick up in my opinion to replace "sack the board" from a couple of years ago which makes no sense. I would go for: "you're not fit to run our club"

User avatar
sanchoz
Posts: 11977
Joined: Wed May 18, 2005 3:41 am
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Contact:

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by sanchoz » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:12 pm

Knighter10WHU wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:10 pm
Good chant we also need something simple and quick to pick up in my opinion to replace "sack the board" from a couple of years ago which makes no sense. I would go for: "you're not fit to run our club"
10 years of failure also works

keithwright1977
Posts: 538
Joined: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:38 pm

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by keithwright1977 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:13 pm

The only protest that will be acknowledged is a stay away protest, all the owners care about is money so an empty stadium will be noticed

User avatar
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Posts: 56348
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2002 12:03 am

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by Up the Junction » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:46 pm

keithwright1977 wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:13 pm
The only protest that will be acknowledged is a stay away protest, all the owners care about is money so an empty stadium will be noticed
Currently, Around 14 percent of the club's income comes through ticket sales. Even if the entire stadium did this (which obviously will never happen), it would only cost the club circa £27m p/yr out of a total £190m [source: Deloitte].

Static demos and marches are the most effective means of protest, simply because they're the most visible. If every one of the very visible and estimated 2,000 supporters who turned up to HU's parade last weekend walked out of the stadium after 10 minutes (for arguments' sake), it would barely register.

User avatar
Jameslegend
Posts: 1421
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:41 pm
Location: Chelmsford, Essex

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by Jameslegend » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:51 pm

Also, the stadium is half full of day trippers so we wont be persuading them to walk out/not attend anyway.

HU are doing everything perfectly!

User avatar
Vic_Watson
Posts: 3591
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:25 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by Vic_Watson » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:26 pm

Up the Junction wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:46 pm
If every one of the very visible and estimated 2,000 supporters who turned up to HU's parade last weekend walked out of the stadium after 10 minutes (for arguments' sake), it would barely register.
That depends on how they exit. Do it via the pitch and it will certainly register!

Post Reply