Protests against the board being planned

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

Watford 'Ammer

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by Watford 'Ammer » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:03 pm

Brownout - tickets already on sale

*please ignore. Didn’t realise they’d done a lower allocation to start off with again.
Last edited by Watford 'Ammer on Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Watford 'Ammer

Post by Watford 'Ammer » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:04 pm

Apologies - just seen they’ve done the same as for City

Marlow Vaderman

Post by Marlow Vaderman » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:41 pm

basilrobbie wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:21 pm
Blackpool fan here.

I'm interested in your predicament and wondered if anyone at your end has thought about talking to the Blackpool Supporters Trust (BST)?

Obviously our case was very different, and what eventually secured regime change was external factors as much as anything. But our efforts to publicise our plight and bring pressure to bear upon the footballing authorities was described "as the most brilliantly orchestrated campaign" in the history of these things.

All the orchestration and the brilliance came from BST. Just knowing about what happened and how the Trust responded to it might be helpful.
Basilrobbie
Have you got any contact details you could post on here or DM me?
Cheers
MV

basilrobbie

Post by basilrobbie » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:43 pm

whuisa_bonds_H wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:54 pm
Basilrobbie I've sent you an e-mail (hope it reaches you) as it would be good to connect with BST.
Cheers, not had anything yet. If you want a direct contact the Trust Secretary is a guy called Kevin Boruduwicz and can be reached at secretary@blackpoolsupporterstrust.com.

bonzosbeard

Post by bonzosbeard » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:48 pm

BasilRobbie :thup:

Faithless
Location: On a bubble nearing the sky.....Born 7 days too late...39 years n counting...Win a cup lads...

Post by Faithless » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:29 pm

bonzosbeard wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:48 pm
BasilRobbie :thup:
Seconded

Hopefully Simon Sadler is the real deal for you guys :thup:

Hammer.CA

Post by Hammer.CA » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:32 pm

I would be very surprised if fans were allowed to take in a banner, by prior arrangement,that is aimed at our owners and if one is taken in I can't see it being held up on display too long either especially knowing how delightful the local plod are up there.
After the follow up demo to the march when the RWHFAG went awol, there was a banner put up on the park railings and was left there when everyone set off to the stadium. I took it and contacted the owners through KUMB and was told that they didn't need it back so at the following Leicester away game I put it up on the fence on the road down to the ground which was the fence to the car park owned by LCFC. I'll be generous and say it was up there for all of 10 minutes before some security steward came up to where I was and told me it had to come down, I tried to argue the point but he wasn't interested, Leicester City wanted it down and that was the end of it. The Premier League clubs will stick together.

Previously I've sold a protest scarf at some away games and online, I only had 2 x 40 made and I sold the last of them a while ago. Football fans wear scarves, a scarf can't be taken away from you like a banner and I personally wouldn't be interested in waving a white handkerchief, I donated my anti board badges to HU and I have something else in mind that I will most likely have made soon which will be popular I think but I am going to get another 30 protest scarves made. For whatever reason I can't figure out how to post pictures on here but if anyone is interested drop me a pm and I'll get the image to you. The Cockney Boys/The Team Not The Regime scarf had ABGSB on it before, it will have GSB OUT on it this time I round. I'll be charging £10 each for them including P&P.
Before anyone says 'why don't you contact.....?' I've done that and I haven't had any responses so I'm doing this off my own back.
I've had a gutful GSB and this is my way of trying to get some attention.

DM

Post by DM » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:34 pm

basilrobbie wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:21 pm
Blackpool fan here.

I'm interested in your predicament and wondered if anyone at your end has thought about talking to the Blackpool Supporters Trust (BST)?

Obviously our case was very different, and what eventually secured regime change was external factors as much as anything. But our efforts to publicise our plight and bring pressure to bear upon the footballing authorities was described "as the most brilliantly orchestrated campaign" in the history of these things.

All the orchestration and the brilliance came from BST. Just knowing about what happened and how the Trust responded to it might be helpful.
My sister and brother in law are ST holders at Blackpool and the protests and boycott worked very well. Happy you have your club back!

Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Post by Puff Daddy » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:41 pm

Brum fans did it

Blackpool fans did it

We can do it too

Mega Ron

Post by Mega Ron » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:20 pm

I think ours are the biggest scoundrels of the lot

Albie Beck

Post by Albie Beck » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:40 pm

Paolo's Piranhas wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:01 pm
It was the Top Notes.
Cheers - I didn't know that!

:oops:

Paolo's Piranhas

Post by Paolo's Piranhas » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:48 pm

Couldn't see this anywhere, maybe I didn't go back far enough? Seems quite positive..

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... e-premier/

Paolo's Piranhas

Post by Paolo's Piranhas » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:50 pm

Albie Beck wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:40 pm
Cheers - I didn't know that!
Produced by Phil Spector, no less.

Faithless
Location: On a bubble nearing the sky.....Born 7 days too late...39 years n counting...Win a cup lads...

Post by Faithless » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:49 pm

Paolo's Piranhas wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:48 pm
Couldn't see this anywhere, maybe I didn't go back far enough? Seems quite positive..

Karen won't be happy that's in the Telegraph :scarfer:

whuisa_bonds_H

Post by whuisa_bonds_H » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:10 am

basilrobbie wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:43 pm
Cheers, not had anything yet. If you want a direct contact the Trust Secretary is a guy called Kevin Boruduwicz and can be reached at secretary@blackpoolsupporterstrust.com.
Lovely thanks basilrobbie

Northbank Bar

Post by Northbank Bar » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:38 am

We have been helped by Spirit of Shankley and the FSA.Banners will be allowed in.There may also be support from the Liverpool fans.

Danny's Dyer Acting

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting » Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:28 am

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51025808

Article on the BBC about the situation at Coventry. 2nd stint of groundsharing miles from home within the last 10 years...yet somehow their owners come off better and less hated than ours!

Believer

Post by Believer » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:37 am

Northbank Bar wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:38 am
We have been helped by Spirit of Shankley and the FSA.Banners will be allowed in.There may also be support from the Liverpool fans.
:thup:
I read that Man U fans are planning a walkout at a home game soon to show their disdain at their owners. I do think this sort of protest is effective especially when planned

(Most weeks we have a walkout anyway as we are normally losing but the 10th minute walkout to return after 10 mins would be impressive)

loxfordhammer

Post by loxfordhammer » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:40 am

Mr Jake Heath
Supporter Liaison Officer West Ham United PLC
London Stadium
Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park London
E20 2ST
Dear Jake,
I write in reply and on behalf of Hammers United. I also write openly.
25th January 2020
We still seek proper dialogue with the Club about our members’ concerns. We have been asking that the Club enter proper dialogue rather than permanently managing the situation through the Club constructed and appointed OSB.
Unfortunately, rather than enabling truly independent supporter liaison as required, this has been blocked and a stage-managed process has been put in its place.
We again ask for a formal meeting at a high level to discuss, openly, issues that have been raised.
We further suggest that a representative from the FSA be present and that their definition of open dialogue be accepted, and are pleased to confirm that David Rose, Deputy Chief Executive of the FSA is happy to attend on their behalf.
We believe there is much to be learned from the experience and successes of other supporter group engagements to which the FSA are party to, working on the premise of “by the fans, for the fans” rather than “by the club, for the club”, which is of course the perception held by many. We also suggest that a route to achieving an affiliated membership status, such as that held by independent and democratically elected groups like Hammers United, should be welcomed.
As you are also aware, HU arranged a well-attended static protest and an even wider grouping has formed. Another larger protest is to be arranged and we will continue to highlight publicly the Club’s failure to engage and the number of problems that have been caused in not having done so.
Finally, we have also sent this letter to the major shareholders. We are concerned, that such is the control of image that, perhaps, our genuine wishes and the mutual benefit that could follow are not being communicated to them.
Kindly reply as soon as possible.
Yours sincerely,
S.Cross
Stephen Cross Joint Secretary Hammers United

MadMart

Post by MadMart » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:18 am

Paolo's Piranhas wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:48 pm

Free coach to 3 away games - I'm placated, ****ing NOT. What planet are these 3 living on - they are soooo out of touch with the true resentment towards them brought on by their lies.... #sellupandfuckoff