Protests against the board being planned

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

loxfordhammer

Re: Protests against the board being planned

Post by loxfordhammer » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:42 am

No one would need to protest if the board would actually talk to the fans.
Please don't tell me OSB, they very may well be 100% West Ham fans but theOSB is just a front for the board.
Hammers United behind the scenes are working tirelessly to make things better for all West Ham fans.
If everyone was to join they would have more chance e of making things better.

Stronger together. Strength in numbers. Moorethanjustfans.

www.hammersunited.com

:crest:

Mega Ron

Post by Mega Ron » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:46 am

HU is a good thing, but protests are needed yesterday.

They won't engage with you, or anyone else, until you get in their face.

Coops

Post by Coops » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:46 am

The protest led to them getting in Pellegrini and investing £100 Million in the squad. It all died down after a, slightly better than average, season, so they didn't invest the following year. What they did was take a couple of punts but then thin down our squad so that we had no back up.
If another protest makes the poison midget reach own the back of his leopard pint sofa and find some more money, I don't give a stuff what the papers say about us.

Happyhammer52

Post by Happyhammer52 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:13 am

Mega Ron wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:46 am
HU is a good thing, but protests are needed yesterday.

They won't engage with you, or anyone else, until you get in their face.
They've been needed a lot longer than that. A loss against Spurs shouldn't be the catalyst for a protest.

Truth of the matter is, as a fanbase, we have lost our ****hole. We took the stadium move quite happily. People say we were lied to, it was evident to many that the place would never be a football stadium. You still see comments on here saying people would accept the stadium if it meant we had a good side. Why should they have to accept an athletic stadium for a decent football side.

GSB have taken the piss out of us season after season, yet the vast majority take it, go every week and give them their hard earned cash.

The problem we have is people have so many different views in how to get them to foxtrot oscar, until everyone is singing from the same hymn sheet, we will continue as we are.

LOS

Post by LOS » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:24 am

Theres only one protest that will register with GSB. And that is to expose their ST waiting list, and reduce demand. Boycott the place, dont renew.
Until that happens, there is no reason for them to listen to the fans. Why would they, ? Any managerial movements that happen now will be of Sulli's own making NOT as a result of fan pressue. They've gotten off very lightly so far, and will only react to protect their cherisehed EPL status. Screw the EPL, and all it's associated bollox.

funky chicken

Post by funky chicken » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:29 am

Starting from the game at Stamford Bridge on Saturday, please can supporters going to the game take as many banners calling for the board's heads as possible and make sure to sing as loud as possible calling for the board to go.

The Sky cameras won't be able to ignore that. :thup:

And then when we finally play at home again, hopefully we'll see a repaeat of the Burnely protests. Only a lot worse.

Annoyingly I reckon that'll be the next manager's first game in charge as I reckon we'll get through defeats to Chelsea and Wolves first before Pellers finally goes. So by the time we play the Gooners at home, or out next opponents at home the fans will calm down as they'll want to give the new manager a chance.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:50 am

Relegation will only prolong their tenure not shorten it. Any protest at the moment will only ensure the sacking of the Manager and a few more million thrown in for transfers. The last protest (Burnley) was spontaneous and those around me were a) appalled and b) thought it was solely due to poor on field performance. Lets face it, we are disunited. I don't like Sullivan and would prefer him gone, but his history of selling to someone 'good for the club' does not fill me with optimism. I am also one of those who like the Stadium. I am also one of those who if the on field performances are good, doesn't think about Sullivan at all.

Does that make me bad or any less of a supporter? Am I in the minority or the majority? Its not something that keeps me awake at night, but playing ****, poor performances, players shirking tackles and not put the effort in does. I fully understand and respect those that don't feel the same way and the best of luck to you.

My advice is produce a petition. Easier and quicker to produce. It can be explicit in laying out the problems and wanted actions, can gather signatures online and face to face, response/signatures an immediate measure of support, can send to news agencies/publicity. Can then follow up with other actions if need be, but in the light of what its about and the actions wanted. If that is too difficult then don't waste your time in trying to organise a march.

funky chicken

Post by funky chicken » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:14 am

The supporters that no longer go, or want to go, you need to ask yourself one question: Why do you no longer want to go?

The short answer is: because those c*nts we call our owners have made us feel like that.

So to get them out and as far away from the club as possible you need to make them feel exactly like they have made you all feel :thup:

Make them feel as unhappy and uncomfortable at the ground every game like thay have done to us and we will get rid of them.

We can win this battle. But you have to want to win it. :thup:

Coops

Post by Coops » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:17 am

While we are in the Premier league, enough people will go to fill the bowl. OK they may not all be traditional, hardcore, hammers, but that suits the owners. Changing the demographic of the match day customers has always been part of their agenda.

LOS

Post by LOS » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:24 am

funky chicken wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:14 am
The supporters that no longer go, or want to go, you need to ask yourself one question: Why do you no longer want to go?
Crap stadium, crap location, crap 'additional' supporters.

The obvious aside, I can't see how issue is fixed for someone with my feelings. I persevered for 3 years, and aside from the Chelsea cup game, and that Friday night Spurs game in first season, I've literally detested every other visit.

So for me, I'm not even sure its 'the owners' per se. Because I would still be going to UP in the conference even with GSB in place. For me, its the fraud of a stadium, and the loss of identity etc that comes with said stadium. And that wont be changing anytime soon. So I made my choice.

Northbank Bar

Post by Northbank Bar » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:36 am

We can win this battle. But you have to want to win it.

antonyirons

Post by antonyirons » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:39 am

Oh, right, so a load of fans singing 'sack the board' is going to bring about a miraculous upsurge in our form and we'll go on to win the league? Was it Gold and Sullivan who bottled out of 3 50/50 challenges against Spurs as highlighted by Kevin Nolan? Was it Sullivan tearing a leg muscle as he took a goalkick that put our keeper out for 3/4 months? Is it Gold who, as replacement keeper, couldn't catch a balloon lobbed at him by a 3-year-old? Is it Gold and Sullivan, as central defenders, who stand still as strikers run all around them and win headers as set-pieces? Get real, people, stop blaming G&S for everything that goes wrong at this club, stop deluding yourselves that a protest will force them to sell up. It won't, all it will do is further heighten the negativity swirling around the club. It's our perennially deluded (yes, Allardyce's term) fans that are the problem here; if there's one thing I do blame G&S for it's giving in to fan pressure firstly to sack Allardyce and then not to extend Moyes' tenure, both acts a direct response to moans by the fans about 'unexciting football'. It's the ridiculous short-termism, fuelled by unrealistic expectations, that keeps getting us into the same old mess.

steps

Post by steps » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:41 am

I’ll probably get some grief for this, but it just makes us look fickle imho.

A few bad results and we’re calling for the board’s head again.

Wasn’t much of this rhetoric last season when we did ok.

Phil S

Post by Phil S » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:42 am

antonyirons wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:39 am
blah blah blah blah blah...
Hi Karren

likemydreams

Post by likemydreams » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:43 am

The protests that started at the Burnley game should have been just that ( the start ) and should have grown until those frauds were gone , but instead the fans who participated got life bans and the rest didnt bat an eyelid about it !

Northbank Bar

Post by Northbank Bar » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:44 am

Anthony irons.It is Gold and Sullivan who didn't finance the building of a decent squad.And don't give me the twaddle about I wasn't moaning when we were 5th because I was.A fool could see we had no back up goalkeeper or back up for Haller or Rice.

Brown Sauce

Post by Brown Sauce » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:49 am

Was it Gold & Sullivan that lied about moving to a stadium which has brought zero benefit?

Northbank Bar

Post by Northbank Bar » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:51 am

by Pentonville » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:33 am

I'm all for protest if its led by either or preferably both of the two democratic independent supporters groups. But not by any self-appointed 'real' fans groups, we all know where that leads. This requires proper, accountable leadership, with some properly thought out demands - the main one must be for an independent supports trust with a seat on the board, and a commitment to investment proportional to what the board have made in profits over the last decade.

Pentonville.Hammers United would be willing to lead ,and are capable of doing so.-But would need support from the other fans groups.-So far we have reached out with no success at all.As for WHUISA well they don't seem active at all.

LOS

Post by LOS » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:53 am

antonyirons wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:39 am
Oh, right, so a load of fans singing 'sack the board' ............
None so blind as those who cannot see.......

fjthegrey

Post by fjthegrey » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:03 am

Feels like a very diffuse set of aims being voiced in here.

They aren't gonna leave till they want to. They know exactly how to placate the majority and they know exactly how and who to scapegoat. And we as a fan base only pipe up when we're losing, which makes us look fickle and as I previously mentioned, totally illegitimizes our concerns to the wider world and media.

If we make it uncomfortable for them in the stadium they'll just stop coming.

The only thing they listen to is their wallet. Don't go to games, don't watch us on telly, don't engage with the club in any way. That's the only protest that will work long term.

All we need is a couple of hefty January signings and all this'll die down for a while anyway. Just like it did before. :thup: