Wolverhampton Wanderers 2-0 West Ham Utd (04/12/19)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

neathiron
Has liked: 487 likes
Total likes: 337 likes

Re: ⚽ Wolverhampton Wanderers v West Ham United: Match Thread

Post by neathiron »

James P wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:20 am Real case of Christian Dailly Syndrome being exhibited here. When a player or team is consistently woeful for an extended period of time, mediocre performances will receive praise far greater than they truly merit.

Anderson, Fornals, the team in general didn’t play wemll at all imo. There was some nice passages of possession in the middle third but our defending for the goals was shocking, we barely landed a glove on them from an attacking point of view and justly ran out losing by two goals.

Maybe it was better than some other performances of late but it was not objectively a good performance. Play at that level and with that effectiveness most weeks and we’ll lose most weeks.
Christian Dailly Syndrome. That made me chuckle, but so right.
Kialos
Has liked: 1545 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Kialos »

If Snodgrass had not played like a moron and put that golden chance away we might have got a point.
ChzMff
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 60 likes

Post by ChzMff »

While I do agree that Wolves are a good side, I can’t say they were much cop last night and were there for the taking if we played with some quality. A lot of our passing and first touch was dreadful with little real urgency. It is in no way meant as a slight to Antonio but it’s concerning just how much we miss him and how toothless we are when he’s not on the pitch.