F A Cup 3rd Round draw

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

Samba

Re: F A Cup 3rd Round draw

Post by Samba » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:15 pm

Billydinho wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:09 am
Last year was our year. It won’t break up for us again like it did last year.
I dunno, Bill. We'd have faced Man City in the semi's.

Billydinho

Post by Billydinho » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:16 pm

7/4 on arsenal getting a non Prem team at home.

Looks like free money to me.

WorcesterWHU

Post by WorcesterWHU » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:07 pm

Lowest ranked team at home, please :thup:

Doc H Ball

Post by Doc H Ball » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:19 pm

The most obscure hard to get to Club left in the tournament please

Chicken Run Supreme

Post by Chicken Run Supreme » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:22 pm

Don't care who we draw as long as we're at home.
On our day............ etc etc

e17

Post by e17 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:24 pm

wormley wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:22 am
I'm getting Brentford vibes in the tea leaves. Oh well.
Yes please :thup:

8 minute walk for me

OFT

Post by OFT » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:44 pm

Bound to be Hartlepool away Monday night. :(

Porkeyes

Post by Porkeyes » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:45 pm

Liverpool or Man City away so we can disguise not bothering by being beaten by a better outfit rather than not bothering vs some lower league load of tripe and the utter misery that goes with it. :scarfer:

brownout

Post by brownout » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:08 pm

Doc H Ball wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:19 pm
The most obscure hard to get to Club left in the tournament please
Fylde?
Carlisle would be furthest away, I've never seen us play there and it's a proper football ground where we'd get a decent allocation.

neathiron

Post by neathiron » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:11 pm

Whoever we get I hope lessons have been learnt from the Oxford debacle. If we're in good form, do not make wholesale changes to the team. Let's have a bit of continuity, we seen how much damage was done to the player's confidence after the Oxford defeat. Also would be nice for the club to think about the long suffering support for once and take this competition seriously for a change.

Albie Beck

Post by Albie Beck » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:13 pm

The Posh away please...

the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Post by the pink palermo » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:19 pm

Anywhere away except Wales, but preferebly against a team we hardly ever play these days.

Somewhere obscure that would need the money 6,000 of our lot turning up would bring.

Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Post by Puff Daddy » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:20 pm

e17 wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:24 pm
Yes please :thup:

8 minute walk for me

Don't take this personally mate, nor anybody else wishing for a nice local tie to alleviate travel and possibly expense too; but this is what I don't understand. Why, when this is our only, no matter how remote the possibility of winning anything this year, or arguably ever, some fans would prefer we draw a nice convenient tie, regardless of how difficult the prospect over a home tie, against on paper anyhow, opponents we should beat. Maybe, its because there is always this forum, whereby when we are inevitably eliminated from the competition, we can always get on PC''s afterwards and let off steam at anybody and everybody no matter how vaguely connected to the club for not taking the cups seriously. Are Dorking Wanderers still in it ? that's a one minute walk for me. f*** everybody else having to make their way home and endure the horrible reading in the newspapers for days/ weeks afterwards and the result which will stay in the history books forever. But hey ho, at least a few of is didn't have to travel very far to witness the ignominy

neathiron

Post by neathiron » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:32 pm

the pink palermo wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:19 pm
Anywhere away except Wales, but preferebly against a team we hardly ever play these days.

Somewhere obscure that would need the money 6,000 of our lot turning up would bring.
What you got against Wales TPP? Not that I would have a chance of getting a ticket but Cardiff away would be ideal for me especially if it was on tv. I would make the 40 minute train journey up there, would be a great day out, especially with all the bars in the city centre. Be a cracking atmosphere, especially if we had 6000 of our lot around the city that day.

Overchuffed

Post by Overchuffed » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:34 pm

If not a rubbish team a home, I'd be happy with a trip to Portman Road (provided they win the replay!)

r99c

Post by r99c » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:37 pm

Puff Daddy wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:20 pm
Don't take this personally mate, nor anybody else wishing for a nice local tie to alleviate travel and possibly expense too; but this is what I don't understand. Why, when this is our only, no matter how remote the possibility of winning anything this year, or arguably ever, some fans would prefer we draw a nice convenient tie, regardless of how difficult the prospect over a home tie, against on paper anyhow, opponents we should beat. Maybe, its because there is always this forum, whereby when we are inevitably eliminated from the competition, we can always get on PC''s afterwards and let off steam at anybody and everybody no matter how vaguely connected to the club for not taking the cups seriously. Are Dorking Wanderers still in it ? that's a one minute walk for me. **** everybody else having to make their way home and endure the horrible reading in the newspapers for days/ weeks afterwards and the result which will stay in the history books forever. But hey ho, at least a few of is didn't have to travel very far to witness the ignominy
Maybe as our away form this season is marginally better, our away fans generate a better atmosphere, the intrigue of the FA Cup is greater if we're away to lower league opposition *who we should win regardless of where the game is, it's still a similar football pitch against 11 men regardless of location*, and our new stadium is a soulless **** bowl, tricky to get to with possibly 60,000 fans and crappy car parking and crap views/no atmosphere ???

daytimedave

Post by daytimedave » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:43 pm

wormley wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:22 am
I'm getting Brentford vibes in the tea leaves. Oh well.

:thup: yeah , in their last season at griffin park , be a good excuse to visit the stadium before its flattened ,unless we draw em at home that is.

Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Post by Puff Daddy » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:52 pm

r99c wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:37 pm
Maybe as our away form this season is marginally better, our away fans generate a better atmosphere, the intrigue of the FA Cup is greater if we're away to lower league opposition *who we should win regardless of where the game is, it's still a similar football pitch against 11 men regardless of location*, and our new stadium is a soulless **** bowl, tricky to get to with possibly 60,000 fans and crappy car parking and crap views/no atmosphere ???

It's not though is it ? Most, League 1 and League 2 clubs have tight little stadiums, but their 4/6.000 fans to our couple of hundred create a unique atmosphere and apply pressure from the off, score an early goal and then go for the jugular and apply pressure when they quickly sense a couple of our lot bottle out and realise we are not up for it, don't fancy it and Bingo !!! a cup shock is on its way

Crouchend_Hammer

Post by Crouchend_Hammer » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:57 pm

I would much prefer a Championship side to one in League 1 or 2

Clubs in the CHampionship are less likely to take the cup seriously, and the players will be less 'up for it' than a team in the old Div 3,a s playing mid-table Premiership opposition is that not much of special occasion for them

Someone like Reading would be the ideal opposition

sendô

Post by sendô » Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:02 pm

Millwall at home.

:crest: