Weekend's games (21/22 Dec)

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

Absolutely Hammered!

Re: Weekend's games (21/22 Dec)

Post by Absolutely Hammered! » Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:02 am

Theres no place in society for terrorism, there's no place on society for knife crime, theres no place for racism. I can get all the t shirts in the world made up about any of these but these things but they won't be stopping any time soon. The things that used to get screamed at Black players in the 70s 80s and 90s compared to today is night and day so when I hear ex players on the morning news say we are going backwards as a society because of an isolated incident at a football ground this winds me up and doesnt help the cause. I think more than ever people are conscious about what they shout from the sidelines so imo there have been massive improvements in regards to attitudes towards racism. Its this unrealistic expectation that racism will totally be eradicated from society tomorrow because of stadium bans and banners etc...
Things will improve over generations like they already have done but not months.

Pob!

Post by Pob! » Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:35 pm

Everyone in the media (sky) outraged at racist behaviour at a black player and rightly so, however I didn't see any of them condemn the thousands of Spurs supporters singing Y*d army minutes before that..
Shocking double standards..

Georgee Paris

Post by Georgee Paris » Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:20 pm

I imagine if someone was booing and someone in front was clapping the sustained boo could sound punctuated like a series of boos which in turn could sound like monkey noises. Or a bo ho ho ho mock crying if the guy had been injured or booked. Definitely could be misconstrued. But equally likely one person in a crowd of 60k might have been genuinely making monkey noises.
What if someone with Tourette’s had been present / if he makes monkey noises and the player hears and then gets upset and the team walks off. What then? Should the person with Tourette’s be banned? How about if it was someone with learning disabilities or was profoundly death and they speak with a series of grunts.

fmgod

Post by fmgod » Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:36 pm

Tottenham appeal Son red....

Johnny Byrne's Boots

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots » Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:49 pm

fmgod wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:36 pm
So we have a referee, who makes a decision. Then we have a panel who look at the referee's decision and decide whether it's right or not. Now we have another panel to judge the panel who judge the referee.

F**k the lot of 'em.

S-H

Post by S-H » Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:52 pm

fmgod wrote:
They should give the dirty little c*nt an extra three games, for being a repeat offender.

il_martello_di_genovesi

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:31 pm

fmgod wrote:
Extra games for a frivolous appeal hopefully. They are appealing based on what? The Rüdiger reaction? There can be no reaction if he doesn't kick out at someone. Ridiculous if this gets rescinded. Bad enough he got away with a reckless challenge by crying on screen and doing love hearts with his hand when he scored.

Also as JBB says. VAR decided it was a red card. They would have looked at it multiple times and decided that was the correct course of action. If it gets rescinded then perhaps VAR should stop?
Last edited by il_martello_di_genovesi on Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Croydon
Location: This club is not run like a circus any more; it's run like a proper football club.

Post by Croydon » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:32 pm

Georgee Paris wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:20 pm
I imagine if someone was booing and someone in front was clapping the sustained boo could sound punctuated like a series of boos which in turn could sound like monkey noises. Or a bo ho ho ho mock crying if the guy had been injured or booked. Definitely could be misconstrued. But equally likely one person in a crowd of 60k might have been genuinely making monkey noises.
What if someone with Tourette’s had been present / if he makes monkey noises and the player hears and then gets upset and the team walks off. What then? Should the person with Tourette’s be banned? How about if it was someone with learning disabilities or was profoundly death and they speak with a series of grunts.
Nah, it doesn't sound like that at all, stop giving excuses for that sort of behaviour. You sound like you don't mind it to be honest.

the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Post by the pink palermo » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:50 pm

fmgod wrote:
Wow.

That's in stark contrast to the video doing the rounds today showing Jose giving Son the coldest of cold shoulders after the game.

Hammer1972

Post by Hammer1972 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:06 pm

Georgee Paris wrote:
What a pile of drivel.... :thdn:

Row X

Post by Row X » Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:18 pm

the pink palermo wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:50 pm
Wow.

That's in stark contrast to the video doing the rounds today showing Jose giving Son the coldest of cold shoulders after the game.
That video is not from yesterday's game... it's a champions league game.

MK-Hammer

Post by MK-Hammer » Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:13 pm

il_martello_di_genovesi wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:31 pm
Extra games for a frivolous appeal hopefully. They are appealing based on what? The Rüdiger reaction? There can be no reaction if he doesn't kick out at someone. Ridiculous if this gets rescinded. Bad enough he got away with a reckless challenge by crying on screen and doing love hearts with his hand when he scored.

Also as JBB says. VAR decided it was a red card. They would have looked at it multiple times and decided that was the correct course of action. If it gets rescinded then perhaps VAR should stop?
Totally agree ....what’s the point of having VAR that agrees with the ref’s onfield decision and then over turning both of those on appeal ....definitely good reason to add to the initial ban.

Jon

Post by Jon » Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:44 pm

Sami Sidhom (WHU) and Tashan Danel (AFC) both murdered. Sami on the way back from a match, Tashan on the way to a game.

As far as I know, noone has been prosecuted for Sami's murder.9 (yes, nine were origninally charged....) The 2 charged with the murder of Tashan are being tried in the New Year. Tashan, a full time athlete took his Grandpa to his Day Care Centre before heading off to the game. Sami was studying Law.

Both non white. Their deaths seem not to matter to the FA, the PFA, the Prem nor the Govt. A little perspective wouldn't go amiss..

the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Post by the pink palermo » Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:49 pm

Row X wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:18 pm
That video is not from yesterday's game... it's a champions league game.
Ahh ! Ta, that explains the lack of shock. Frankly, I'd never run another yard for him if he did that to me.

r99c

Post by r99c » Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:03 pm

the pink palermo wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:49 pm
Ahh ! Ta, that explains the lack of shock. Frankly, I'd never run another yard for him if he did that to me.
That video is fake news, different game as said and also cut video. Someone else posted the full video in the replies where Jose eventually shakes his hand and embraces him too.

Coops

Post by Coops » Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:38 pm

How can they appeal that card? It was a blatant red, Son is a repeat offender and among the dirtiest in the league. Surely it wont get overturned.

Mr McGauley

Post by Mr McGauley » Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:52 pm

In my opinion, Son or Tottenham don't have any grounds for an appeal. If you watch it back, I'm pretty sure his left foot catches Rudiger in the meat and two veg. Now I defy anyone kicked in the nuts not to go down in a heap.... 😂

Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board » Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:24 pm

Georgee Paris wrote:
That for me is one of the biggest problems in a nutshell. Booing and “monkey noises” can be indistinguishable. And then you have to judge what is going on inside someone’s head at the time too. If they say they are booing, yet you insist they are making monkey noises then it is a subjective judgement, and is not proper justice.

Jon

Post by Jon » Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:47 pm

Samassi Abou springs to mind.

Georgee Paris

Post by Georgee Paris » Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:07 pm

Croydon wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:32 pm
Nah, it doesn't sound like that at all, stop giving excuses for that sort of behaviour. You sound like you don't mind it to be honest.
What sort of behaviour? There’s been no proof any noise has been made yet as far as I know? - it’s just as likely he was mistaken?
I am happy I’ve never heard it at West Ham in about 30 years of attending.