Arsenal Fan TV (non WHU)

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Arsenal Fan TV (non WHU)

Post by Up the Junction » Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:06 pm

Seems like AFTV's Robbie & Co have upset the wider fan base at The Library Mk II...

r99c

Re: Arsenal Fan TV (non WHU)

Post by r99c » Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:55 pm

They were chanting get out of our club in the concourse too.

The mainstream media have an awful lot to answer for. It happened in the election too - Labour didn't suit most tabloids' agendas, therefore they run a smear campaign against them as it suits their interest and the wider public who don't understand therefore agree with them and believe them.

Exactly the same here, all this crap on Talksport having a go at them when all they do is travel to literally every Arsenal game including midweek trips to Kazakhstan and air fans' opinions on YouTube. People form their opinions based on what the mainstream media report and then it all ends up with this. And I wonder... who benefits if AFTV does stop going... yet it's apparently fine for fans to call into them and rant.

BARKING IRON

Post by BARKING IRON » Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:57 pm

They take themselves far too seriously, they are the Jeremy Kyle of fan cams

Depressed Hammer

Post by Depressed Hammer » Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:57 pm

Jealousy must be a factor. That A F T are making a huge amount of money from youtube and advertising. Robbie gets over a million views spread around the cams on every game , home or away. Thats over 50 Million a view a season. Lot of dough seeing as a majority of his fav cams are ad loaded.
Rough calculations are that he is getting over 140 grand a year for them cams alone. When someone watches the whole video they get more.
Last edited by Depressed Hammer on Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

r99c

Post by r99c » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:01 pm

Depressed Hammer wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:57 pm
Jealousy must be a factor. That A F T are making a huge amount of money from youtube and advertising. Robbie gets over a million views spread around the cams on every game , home or away. Thats over 50 Million a view a season. Lot of dough seeing as a majority of his fav cams are ad loaded.
Yep this too, jealous twats, herd mentality of 2019

ornchurch ammer

Post by ornchurch ammer » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:02 pm

I've no doubt that it will be labelled as racist abuse before long.

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Post by Up the Junction » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:07 pm

FWIW I think it's nonsense (the fans' response)... the guy found a niche and has successfully exploited it (a model that has been copied by nearly every other PL club).

This does make you wonder which one is the real Robbie Lyle though. He has quite literally changed his tune.

daytimedave

Post by daytimedave » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:16 pm

good on robbie, he comes across as a decent chap . always gonna have haters .

cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer » Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:37 pm

he is a good man robbie

costa75

Post by costa75 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:28 pm

AFTV is the best thing about Arsenal. Tell em to p*ss off Robbie.

Pob!

Post by Pob! » Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:43 pm

r99c wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:55 pm
They were chanting get out of our club in the concourse too.

The mainstream media have an awful lot to answer for. It happened in the election too - Labour didn't suit most tabloids' agendas, therefore they run a smear campaign against them as it suits their interest and the wider public who don't understand therefore agree with them and believe them.
Behave yourself.. :lol:
r99c wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:55 pm
xactly the same here, all this crap on Talksport having a go at them when all they do is travel to literally every Arsenal game including midweek trips to Kazakhstan and air fans' opinions on YouTube. People form their opinions based on what the mainstream media report and then it all ends up with this. And I wonder... who benefits if AFTV does stop going... yet it's apparently fine for fans to call into them
People are entitled to their personal opinions ..

westham,eggyandchips

Post by westham,eggyandchips » Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:13 pm

If you "put yourself out there" you'll get people wound up.

ALL fan TV does it. Seen some of the knobs on our own WHFTV?

Croydon
Location: This club is not run like a circus any more; it's run like a proper football club.

Post by Croydon » Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:14 pm

ornchurch ammer wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:02 pm
I've no doubt that it will be labelled as racist abuse before long.
Not sure if I'm biting here, but I always struggle to understand comments like this one

Pop Robson

Post by Pop Robson » Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:24 pm

They do they'd to come across as "voice of the fans" a bit even if that is t the plan, we also have more than enough of the same on on you tube, Twitter etc

I guess it starts off as a bit of amateur fun and then the possibility of a few quid kicks in, its like "celebrity fans" and we'll see them all in the jungle next year and most will ask who they are

They just need to be a bit more tongue in cheek some times when it gets bad, those Spurs twins I saw them once when we beat them, very funny from a WHU point of view but filming yourself for the whole game etc etc !!!

But enjoy a watch when someone sticks a link on here of an opposition melt down !

Maybe I would have 30-40 yrs ago as U was better looking back then :lol:

hammers92

Post by hammers92 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:32 pm

My mate was there today, they're absolutely hated. How often do we all go to the channel when they lose? (Well I do)

To be fair to Robbie he's made a lot of money from this but there comes a point where enough is enough. It should be toned down a bit.

Eggs'n'nuts

Post by Eggs'n'nuts » Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:50 pm

I only look at it if it's posted on here, but I would say that it always seems to be the same faces venting their spleens every time.

Jon

Post by Jon » Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:56 pm

I thought freedom of expression was a good thing...

I preferred Hammers News to the Programme. OLAS got a bit angry but I still enjoyed it at times. In this age of instant filming and posting, fans' opinions go public. I'm all for it.

Better to hear the views of travelling fans than those of paid journos and ex pros.

Depressed Hammer

Post by Depressed Hammer » Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:05 pm

Croydon
Location: This club is not run like a circus any more; it's run like a proper football club.

Post by Croydon » Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:12 pm

hammers92 wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:32 pm
My mate was there today, they're absolutely hated. How often do we all go to the channel when they lose? (Well I do)

To be fair to Robbie he's made a lot of money from this but there comes a point where enough is enough. It should be toned down a bit.
I've never gone out of my way to watch their fan cams; I used to watch WHUTV until the whole Ryan interview thing and now I ONLY watch Hammers Chat.

So what if he's made money doing it? Good on him.

hammers92

Post by hammers92 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:16 pm

I'm not begrudging him for making money. But this causes embarrassment to Arsenal on a weekly basis now.

The West Ham one is done by guys who seem properly genuine. AFTV has got people trying to become a cult celebrity and banking on Arsenal losing to get more tweets and likes.