Arsenal Fan TV (non WHU)

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

claretnblueglasses

Re: Arsenal Fan TV (non WHU)

Post by claretnblueglasses » Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:17 pm

Croydon wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:12 pm
I've never gone out of my way to watch their fan cams; I used to watch WHUTV until the whole Ryan interview thing and now I ONLY watch Hammers Chat.

So what if he's made money doing it? Good on him.
What was the whole Ryan interview thing? I just have missed that

daytimedave

Post by daytimedave » Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:33 pm

westham,eggyandchips wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:13 pm
If you "put yourself out there" you'll get people wound up.

ALL fan TV does it. Seen some of the knobs on our own WHFTV?
everyones entitled to thier opinion,
i think our own WHFTV is superb , they draw in a variety of fans , some regulars some not so ,
i look forward to some of the interviews, and they have a good rapour with robbie at AFTV.
AFTV has become a bit of a joke at times with the likes of troopz et al.'you get me blood ,yes fam, wears a bit thin in the end .

Thekorean

Post by Thekorean » Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:41 pm

hammers92 wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:16 pm
I'm not begrudging him for making money. But this causes embarrassment to Arsenal on a weekly basis now.

The West Ham one is done by guys who seem properly genuine. AFTV has got people trying to become a cult celebrity and banking on Arsenal losing to get more tweets and likes.
We got one guy who acts like complete tit on WHFTV, but otherwise yea, the quality of guests on it is miles apart from AFTV.

Doc H Ball

Post by Doc H Ball » Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:02 pm

At least AFTV haven't given people who threaten their own fanbase a platform.

ornchurch ammer

Post by ornchurch ammer » Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:39 pm

Depressed Hammer wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:05 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol:

"Lives are at risk"

In his own words "what a weapon"

Kialos

Post by Kialos » Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:53 pm

I know he's had health issues in the past but I used to love Claude having a rant.

Stevey

Post by Stevey » Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:41 pm

I quite like AFTV. Makes our fans look more level headed and patient.

e17

Post by e17 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:50 pm

You get me fam? You hear me bruv?

I love them - they make a horrible club with horrible fans that little bit more horrible

r99c

Post by r99c » Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:38 pm

Thekorean wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:41 pm
We got one guy who acts like complete tit on WHFTV, but otherwise yea, the quality of guests on it is miles apart from AFTV.
One guy who acted like a tit (though he had a very solid point) in one video out of about a hundred and goes to every single home + away game supporting our club

These 'arsenal fan tv get out of our club' lot are thugs plain and simple, it's 2019 mate.

r99c

Post by r99c » Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:40 pm

Pob! wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:43 pm
Behave yourself.. :lol:

Watch the video below my post that Depressed Hammer posted... it's perfectly valid about the media going on the attack, if you can get your head out of your arse

Talksport and other journos not condemning the mob outside, because they see AFTV and social media as the new threat, but if that was a mainstream media journo you'd start hearing all this about freedom of press, then you get the sheep football fans siding with the journos who have chastised us for all of time. But hey if you want to believe them :asleep:

ornchurch ammer

Post by ornchurch ammer » Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:54 pm

r99c wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:38 pm

These 'arsenal fan tv get out of our club' lot are thugs plain and simple, it's 2019 mate.
Thugs? For having a different opinion and singing? It's what football supporters do.

Are all of us who sing for the Dildos to get out of our club thugs?

r99c

Post by r99c » Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:56 pm

ornchurch ammer wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:54 pm
Thugs? For having a different opinion and singing? It's what football supporters do.

Are all of us who sing for the Dildos to get out of our club thugs?
The ones at full time getting right up in his face outside the ground and culminating in the police having to get involved

chigwells finest
Location: desperately seeking redemption from this west ham misery

Post by chigwells finest » Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:57 pm

Stevey wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:41 pm
I quite like AFTV. Makes our fans look more level headed and patient.

lee judges is always a sensible commentator , the site has gained a certain notoriety , especially when they spectacularly fail on the pitch , and its now dawned on most of them , that they have been sold the biggest of all pups with their move to that stadium , to keep them up with the elite clubs in the world , although state funded oil/gas wealth seems to be the easier route these days . i have respect for anybody that goes and watches their team h/a every match , its certainly something i wouldnt be prepared to do , so to all those that do it week in / week out , you deserve the right to vent your opinions .

Croydon
Location: This club is not run like a circus any more; it's run like a proper football club.

Post by Croydon » Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:59 pm

claretnblueglasses wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:17 pm
What was the whole Ryan interview thing? I just have missed that
Don't want to drag up the past (especially as, if I remember correctly, Ryan & Nicky apologised for it), but it was an interview with Ryan & Andy Swallow and Micky Morgan post Burnley.

e17

Post by e17 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:01 am

r99c wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:56 pm
The ones at full time getting right up in his face outside the ground and culminating in the police having to get involved
That’s not all of those kicking off about wanting them gone though, is it? Goonscum mates tell me there was close to 400 singing “get out of our club” at one point. Singing how you feel doesn’t make you a thug or most of us would be in trouble.

I’ve only done a bit of our fan tv, but I think it’s unfair to compare with Arsenals - Robbie has created a rod for his own back by intentionally getting some of his “vocal” mates to ramp up a toxic, entitled reaction for years by playing Harry Enfields “Oi! No!” character for viewing figures, and a group of their support have clearly just realised it’s embarrassing and muggy.

I’ve met the fella a couple of time’s and my experience was that he’s a nice enough bloke but away from the game he doesn’t have a lot to say - but if you sell yourself as the independent voice of supporters and then the supporters decide your platform is a part of the problem you need to ask yourself why.

He’s done a very good job of playing the victim but I would guess he’s probably been more upset that his attempts at branching out on to ‘legit’ television series’ has failed - unfortunately that was always going to be the case because his entire format is based on slagging off everything to do with their club to comical, shock jock levels.

These clowns were instrumental in Wenger being sacked and now they’re getting a taste of their own medicine and they don’t like it...

Georgee Paris

Post by Georgee Paris » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:26 am

Arsenal - who cares?

Eggs'n'nuts

Post by Eggs'n'nuts » Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:53 am

Depressed Hammer wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:05 pm
I'm not 100% convinced that the lads pointing fingers at Robbie and Co. are thugs (can't see any punches being thrown), but the way I saw this, is the presenter (Terry Flewers?) being a little hypocritical where in one breath he's saying these shows give the fans the perfect platform to give their true, uncensored opinions and then doesn't like when they actually do. Maybe Robbie (and lots of others come to think of it) is missing a trick and get some of these fans with differing opinions together for a discussion version of the show.

He's right about some of the mainstream media though; absolute scum of the Earth.

Coops

Post by Coops » Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:27 pm

Arsenal are scum. AFTV is embarrassing to them, I love it.

davids cross

Post by davids cross » Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:27 pm

Dear Robbie...

How it Used to Be.

Go down the pub with you mates at the final whistle or argue the hell out of it all on the train home.

Wake up on Sunday morning still feeling disappointed.

By Monday morning you are already looking forward to the next weekends fixture and you put that feeling away for the rest of the week and left it there to keep you warm till next Saturday approached.

That's how it used to be.

It was better then.

We sort of had lives and perspective.

bonzosbeard

Post by bonzosbeard » Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:47 pm

davids cross wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:27 pm
Dear Robbie...

How it Used to Be.

Go down the pub with you mates at the final whistle or argue the hell out of it all on the train home.

Wake up on Sunday morning still feeling disappointed.

By Monday morning you are already looking forward to the next weekends fixture and you put that feeling away for the rest of the week and left it there to keep you warm till next Saturday approached.

That's how it used to be.

It was better then.

We sort of had lives and perspective.
I remember Simon Inglis writing in his book 'The Football Grounds of England and Wales', that The Boleyn Ground was a place to Jostle and cheer and not to worry too much about the final score.

I think he was right, especially at The Boleyn. Now we have got "new level" hopes we are in danger sometimes as getting as bad as those Gooners. And I include myself in that. I should try to remember to enjoy it as what it is.