West Ham Utd 1-2 Leicester City (28/12/19)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

smuts
Has liked: 1498 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Re: ⚽ West Ham United v Leicester City: Match thread (28/12)

Post by smuts »

kenthammer1984 wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:21 pm We lost by 1 goal to the team second in the league - is it really that bad a result?!
They had their reserve side out. :thdn:
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

kenthammer1984 wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:21 pm We lost by 1 goal to the team second in the league - is it really that bad a result?!
it was the XI they would send out to see off exeter city in the league cup if they had bad fixture congestion and didn't mind losing.
brothernero
Has liked: 700 likes
Total likes: 717 likes

Post by brothernero »

Absolutely Hammered! wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:23 pm Fishing?
He always is.
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

Lol trolling?
Hammer.CA
Has liked: 2781 likes
Total likes: 607 likes

Post by Hammer.CA »

I could cry after watching that abject display against Leicester's Combination team. Not because of how bad we were, I've seen us equally as bad before, many times in both the top 2 divisions and in both cups but it wasn't the end of the world because I accepted that's how West Ham have always been, good some weeks, shocking lots of weeks and absolutely wonderful now and again. Great support especially away no matter what, a good laugh even when I went on my own, plenty of times but I knew I would go to a game back at Upton Park and all would be forgotten. Not anymore, not ever again.
I knew about the other attendee at the meeting with Sullivan and the RWHFAG, 'real' Jesus wept, but up until today I didn't know the who or the background. It is unthinkable how low this club has sunk, that the Axis of Evil are giving the go ahead to memorials for players who have won the World Cup while playing for West Ham and at the same time having meetings with people who should be nowhere this club, it's shameful. Our CEO, a member of the second chamber of this land would be all too aware of this and she sit's on TV and spouts off in the press with an attitude that wreaks of 'look and listen to me you peasants' I despise her and the leeches she works for.
Anyone on these pages who says they don't care any more, I completely understand but you do. You do care, you care enough to come on KUMB and post your reaction, it might not be like it has been but the flame is still there and hopefully it will burn again like it once did when these trio of b*st*rds have gone.
MorthwylMawr
Has liked: 379 likes
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by MorthwylMawr »

Absolutely Hammered! wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:22 pm What's frustrating is that in the cold light of day, we clearly have players who have real quality such as Anderson, Lanzini, Fornals, Haller, Diop, Fabianski, Rice maybe a few more. Individually they are good players and you can build a real squad around them but under pell its just not working. So if we do go down we'll just get ripped apart like we did when went down with joe cole, defoe, carrick etc...
Completely agree with this
Universidad-de-Chile
Location: "(We, the small people, protest) Untill DIGNITY will became usual"

Post by Universidad-de-Chile »

Why was Ogbonna, our best CB in form, letting out today???

Crazy.

And Snodgrass not from the start??

Plop! :cry:

Pelles substitutions is getting really his Damocles sword...

daytimedave wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:30 pm piss poor against a leicester B team
More sad is the fact we do not have actually a B team...
Universidad-de-Chile
Location: "(We, the small people, protest) Untill DIGNITY will became usual"

Post by Universidad-de-Chile »

Absolutely Hammered! wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:22 pm What's frustrating is that in the cold light of day, we clearly have players who have real quality such as Anderson, Lanzini, Fornals, Haller, Diop, Fabianski, Rice maybe a few more. Individually they are good players and you can build a real squad around them but under pell its just not working. So if we do go down we'll just get ripped apart like we did when went down with joe cole, defoe, carrick etc...
I personally want to solve our problems in the premier league because not only is the championship a tough league to get out of, I just can't gey excited about playing barnsley on a tuesday night.
Sadly this would mean the owners will spend more time at the club so get why fans would be happy to see us drop.
I began to think about to take out Diop of that list..

Hes clearly not a bad player, but "quality" means for me an all-rounded player, what hes actually not.
Hammer.CA
Has liked: 2781 likes
Total likes: 607 likes

Post by Hammer.CA »

Un f**king believeable!
Last edited by Hammer.CA on Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
61dicksey
Has liked: 555 likes
Total likes: 401 likes

Post by 61dicksey »

A team that find the basics hard or impossible to implement , a team that has a toothless attack in front of a weak midfield who on turn ate in front of a shaky defence will struggle in any division.Sanchez played because Pellegrini picked him not his fault he is ****.
Diop is a decent player but suffers when alongside Balbuena , Fredricks is championship, Masuaku is not a defender i would be inclined to move him into midfield or sell.
Haller will f*** off as will Anderson and Yarmolenko .
we need wholesale clear out but we know we are hamstrung with GSB whatever way we go.
swash
Has liked: 140 likes
Total likes: 188 likes

Post by swash »

Yes because it was their reserves
smuts
Has liked: 1498 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

Must put that down on my NY resolution list...not to bite at Kent's load of old trolling b*llocks.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

The sad thing is, we have yet to reach our lowest point of the season, the embarrassment of getting well and truly humiliated at Gillingham in the FA Cup next Saturday, Sunday, or whatever day it is we are playing them. God, I am petrified by the very thought of that match
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Post by Billydinho »

Once again tactically inept.

First half - holding midfielders too far up, back line no cover and interchange of attacking three in midfield left us shapeless.

Second half - Whipping Haller off after 52 minutes and replacing him with Antonio left us with no plan B. Once we inevitably went behind he had no physical presence up top which meant left could sit deep and force us wide. The sub should have been either Fornals/Lanzini/Anderson or, if he felt daring against Leicester’s reserves, Sanchez and a switch to 4-4-2.

The bloke has lost it big time and his tenure here should never be remembered fondly. He’s been a shambles for two years and Bilic was given less respect than this.
waynepin
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 39 likes

Post by waynepin »

that was their second team and also a team that looked like some of the players want to make the step up, they were hungrier than us and out battled us, we have no excuses for being so gutless again. Pelle has to go tonight not after Bournemouth straight after the game tonight for his sake and for our sake, can anyone tell me under pelle any player that has improved under his coaching, diop and rice are going backwards, fredricks, Bulbuena, Arthur, no improvement, what do our coaching team do just watch dvds about who we are playing, also where is Snodgrass, Fornals, lanzini, Rice, Arthur, Anderson, Antonio, favoured position, if its in the middle play them there if its out wide play them there, if we have two players one position play the in form player , none of our players seem to know their role, where to make runs to who to close down who to track, we are totally unorganised, we have no plan b and not much of a plan a. disgusted sums up my feelings tonight
kenthammer1984
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 81 likes

Post by kenthammer1984 »

Puff Daddy wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:41 pm The sad thing is, we have yet to reach our lowest point of the season, the embarrassment of getting well and truly humiliated at Gillingham in the FA Cup next Saturday, Sunday, or whatever day it is we are playing them. God, I am petrified by the very thought of that match
There is no chance we are losing to Gillingham in the cup.
Ingwe
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by Ingwe »

Did anyone really expect us to beat Leicester, even with a team fielding 9 different players from the side Liverpool hammered?
As the BBC put it:
"Yet they produced another tepid performance in front of their own fans, lacking leadership, organisation and fight as they failed to win at home for the sixth game in a row.".

"Tepid", "lacking leadership", "organisation and fight"- that just sums us up. The first two adjectives ar down to the management, the lack of fight due to the players.

Even relegation is f**kall to most of our players. For the most part, the oldies will just stop; they've earned their pile on transfer fees and/or disgustingly over paid salaries; the 'decent' younger ones will all have clauses allowing them to be on their toes once WHU are relegated. And our owners don't give a **** about football. WHU were assets on a balance sheet.

We'll have a soulless stadium, that doesn't even belong to us to host the likes of Stoke and Barnsley with the largest part of the crowd being the away fans. Welcome to the dystopian West Ham of 2020. I'm really glad I can't afford to see them London. I'll prefer to remember the days at Upton Park. Even when we lost, there was some soul. All gone. :crest:
brothernero
Has liked: 700 likes
Total likes: 717 likes

Post by brothernero »

Cant you take a day of from Trolling. What are you 12 years old. Grow up.
Hammer in Hornchurch
Has liked: 518 likes
Total likes: 219 likes

Post by Hammer in Hornchurch »

'stone hammer wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:24 pm
Anyone else absolutely baffled by the Haller sub? Firmly in the Pellegrini out camp now.
I think half the stadium was going by the reaction/boo’s
First sub should of been Antonio for Lanzini.
Antonio with Haller works - why not give us a chance at winning while still at 1-1.
Pellegrini should have went 3 weeks ago, to give a new manager a chance to assess the squad and recruit new bodies in Jan.
There is a hell of a lot to do to salvage this wreck of a squad.
Ingwe
Has liked: 84 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by Ingwe »

Did anyone really expect us to beat Leicester, even with a team fielding 9 different players from the side Liverpool hammered?
As the BBC put it:
"Yet they produced another tepid performance in front of their own fans, lacking leadership, organisation and fight as they failed to win at home for the sixth game in a row.".

"Tepid", "lacking leadership", "organisation and fight"- that just sums us up. The first two adjectives are down to the management, the lack of fight down to the players.

Even relegation is f**kall to most of our players. For the most part, the oldies will just stop; they've earned their pile on transfer fees and/or disgustingly over paid salaries; the 'decent' younger ones will all have clauses allowing them to be on their toes once WHU are relegated. And our owners don't give a **** about football. WHU were assets on a balance sheet.

We'll have a soulless stadium, that doesn't even belong to us, to host the likes of Stoke and Barnsley with the largest part of the crowd being the away fans. Welcome to the dystopian West Ham of 2020. I'm really glad I can't afford to see them London. I'll prefer to remember the days at Upton Park. Even when we lost, there was some soul. All gone. :crest:
[/quote]