David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9655 likes

Re: David Moyes - 18th Permanent Manager of WHUFC

Post by S-H »

Can't remember who, but someone predicted we'd see a few training videos pop up..

:lol:

funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1225 likes

Post by funky chicken »

Looks like Pyscho won't be returning....

"I can't really give any more updates at the moments. In truth, I might want to take it a little bit slow in selecting and bringing in people. I've got Alan [Irvine] at the moment and I'll bring a few boys up from the Academy, which will do them no harm.

"We have considered Stuart [Pearce] but this time, it’s more than likely not going to be him. It's something we'll finalise a little bit later on."

https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/202 ... conference

Sounds like for now he'll just promote some of the coaches from the academy. I said before I think he has always worked with a very good coaching staff, with the likes of Irvine and McKinlay that also have experience working as a manager too. But I am glad he is mixing it up a bit by having a good blend of experienced coaches and younger coaches with fresh ideas. As we have seen before he is a very hands on manager.

If anyone hasn't seen this video yet this makes for a very interesting insight into his coaching:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx5h7qle50k

I can imagine Moyes doing pretty similar drills with our players. We certainly seemed to do a lot of pressing agaisnt Bournemouth. :thup:
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 495 likes
Total likes: 1042 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

Declan’s certainly got a case of the old old Stevie Wonder / Paula Radcliffe head movement thing going on :thup:
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1802 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

Pentonville wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:47 pm Have these two posters ever been seen together in the same room at the same time? The Moyes twins?
The Not-So-Righteous Brothers!
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

funky chicken wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:34 pm Looks like Pyscho won't be returning....
That’s disappointing. Wonder if Joe Cole would be an option instead. Doesn’t seem as imposing as Psycho though!
Last edited by Up the Junction on Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Large quote edited.
TheHandOfDog
Has liked: 542 likes
Total likes: 463 likes

Post by TheHandOfDog »

Ironing Board wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:00 pm That’s disappointing. Wonder if Joe Cole would be an option instead. Doesn’t seem as imposing as Psycho though!
Not many are in fairness to Joe...you could put Dwayne Johnson in to replace Psycho but it still wouldn't be enough.
TheHandOfDog
Has liked: 542 likes
Total likes: 463 likes

Post by TheHandOfDog »

S-H wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:58 pm Can't remember who, but someone predicted we'd see a few training videos pop up..
Gotta give the fans some Razzle Dazzle
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

TheHandOfDog wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:31 pm Not many are in fairness to Joe...you could put Dwayne Johnson in to replace Psycho but it still wouldn't be enough.
I guess he could try and bring in Duncan Ferguson :lol: :lol:
Turns to Stone
Has liked: 234 likes
Total likes: 1521 likes

Post by Turns to Stone »

TheHandOfDog wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:33 pm Gotta give the fans some Razzle Dazzle
Goes hand-in-hand with the rumours we heard of 'training ground walkouts' and players calling Pellegrini the c-word.

if you can't wow the fans with a big name manager, wow them with tickle fights on the training ground.

Not that I think it's a bad appointment by the way. I don't, but I'm just so sick and tired of how our board go about trying to sell things to us. Just do a decent job, stop lying to us and leave the manager alone. Is it really that difficult?
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3687 likes
Total likes: 2411 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

Ironing Board wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:00 pm That’s disappointing. Wonder if Joe Cole would be an option instead. Doesn’t seem as imposing as Psycho though!
Coaching the kids at Chelsea currently.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1491 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

The Star ( I Know )

West Ham have an option to terminate David Moyes' contract at the end of this season.

Anybody know if this is actually true it seems amazing that they go cap in hand to take him back and then insert this :eh:
Coops
Has liked: 449 likes
Total likes: 590 likes

Post by Coops »

ageing hammer wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:21 am The Star ( I Know )

West Ham have an option to terminate David Moyes' contract at the end of this season.

Anybody know if this is actually true it seems amazing that they go cap in hand to take him back and then insert this :eh:
If he gets us out of the mess we are in then he deserves at least another season.
SiO
Has liked: 562 likes
Total likes: 307 likes

Post by SiO »

Sounds unlikely but in the event of relegation perhaps. Saying that, Moyes mentioned conditions in which they'd have to renew his 18 months didn't he so it might work both ways. It'd be odd for Moyes to agree however as if he does take West Ham down and is released, I couldn't see him getting another top job so he'd have to be mad to
ShanghaiHammer
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by ShanghaiHammer »

Plenty of posts online about Joe cole possibility, but maybe just click-bait.

Joe Cole would be an excellent addition because he speaks common sense, clearly understands tactics and understands our club/fans too.

We should act fast and bring him in because we need as much common sense as possible due to Sullivan and Brady being egotistical fvckwits and generally ruining the club in diverse ways, not implementing scouting and using an archaic training ground, and having no recruitment strategy for players.
e-20
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by e-20 »

ShanghaiHammer wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:37 am Plenty of posts online about Joe cole possibility, but maybe just click-bait.

Joe Cole would be an excellent addition because he speaks common sense, clearly understands tactics and understands our club/fans too.

We should act fast and bring him in because we need as much common sense as possible due to Sullivan and Brady being egotistical fvckwits and generally ruining the club in diverse ways, not implementing scouting and using an archaic training ground, and having no recruitment strategy for players.
That post started so very positively for me on a Sunday morning and then ended on such a downer. Perfectly accurate mind.

Personally I would like to see Cole here he comes across very intuitive with a very good grasp of the realities. Some may bring up negativity about how he left but I just remember a young guy who did as much as anybody working very hard trying to keep us up, trading his tricks for hard work and graft who, with his career not quite progressing as well as expected at that time had little choice but to move on once we went down.
ShanghaiHammer
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by ShanghaiHammer »

Haha sorry about that. I only meant to compliment JC but it should always be noted that our owners are general turds who are quick to praise themselves but the facts say otherwise. Not opinions but facts such as money spent on strikers and goals returned during their ownership time. Lack of scouting successes during their ownership time. Lack of success achieved in league positions and cup runs during their ownership. These are facts and they would only try to blame others and never once accept responsibility for lack of success.

However, the single point here = JC will make a great coach so can we employ him thanks Karen.
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3687 likes
Total likes: 2411 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

Joe Cole has somehow emerged as just about the best pundit on TV and by all accounts is a really promising coach. He's very highly thought of at Chelsea. I can't think of anyone better for coaching (young players especially) than a guy who was universally lauded as the most gifted kid of his generation and doesn't have a big headed bone in his body.

Can't see him leaving Chelsea/BT to work for the schnorrers but can see why it would appeal to Sullivan so you never know.
funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1225 likes

Post by funky chicken »

I personally can't see there being any truth in there being a clause in Moyes contract this coming summer. I wouldn't expect him to agree to that. And rightfully so the way the owners treated him last time. But as I mentioned before even if they wanted to get rid of him there would only be a year left on his contract anyway so it wouldn't cost them much to sack him. I personally think even if we go down they will keep him as long as he doesn't resign himself as that's the kind of appointment the owners would've made in the Championship. They like their managers like their players. Have they ever hired a youngish manager at Birmingham or West Ham?

I really do believe they'll keep Moyes and back him this coming summer. Plus will let him make changes to the coaching staff, scouting and will choose the Director of Football. Which is what Moyes was looking to do the last time he was here if he was given the chance.

The only way they'll get rid of Moyes IMO is if the fans go ballistic in the remaining few games, e.g. Like the Burnley game. As that'll make them really nervous about the lack of fans renewing their season tickets.

In regards to Joe Cole - yes please. We already have good experience on the coaching staff with Irvine, Valero, with Keen working with the youngsters. I would like a blend of experienced coaches and up and coming ones with new fresh ideas. And I think Joe Cole would be perfect. It's a shame Pyscho won't be coming back and potentially McKinlay either who I've heard great things about as coach. But 1-2 younger coaches would IMO be a positive step for the club. I would go for Joe Cole and Kevin Nolan would also be another choice of mine. He's got managerial experience, knows the club and is a good leader. :thup:
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2501 likes
Total likes: 4405 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

As I've said before, I think they would have extended his contract last time if they were left totally to their own choice and with supporter opinion set aside.

He's their type of manager - and at the risk of echoing Ironing Board - he's performed at a level generally higher than their previous but similar selections such as Steve Bruce, Trevor Francis, Alex McLeish and Sam Allardyce.

Everything about him - aside from supporter opinion - ticks their three decades long, recruit-a-manager checklist.
hammer1975
Has liked: 989 likes
Total likes: 1164 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

Fully expect them to have inserted a relegation release option. Keeps their choices open and compensation down if he doesn’t turn it around.

Find it difficult to get excited about appointments for manager, coach, training cone organisers etc though

The single biggest issue this club has had for the past decade now has full control of transfers this January. Either it goes badly and we go down of it goes well and he will continue to do the job for the next few years. Sigh.

Fully behind Moyes though :thup: