David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

DannyboyDJL
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 200 likes

Re: David Moyes - 18th Permanent Manager of WHUFC

Post by DannyboyDJL »

bubbles1966 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:02 pm I think we're edging towards some kind of realisation of what these players are.

We have a bunch of old stagers, injury ravaged players and a few you wouldn't trust to stand up to a puff of wind. We have a squad built for 2010. Most of the damage was done under Pellegrini. We need a ruthless ****.
On the BT coverage it cut to our lot warming up before the game and they even made the warm up look poor. They were just stood around, half arsed stretching. We looked like we'd lost already.
steps
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 244 likes

Post by steps »

Well Moyes really tripped himself up when he said “I’ve got a better squad this time around” didn’t he?

Cause we F’n haven’t.

He only just managed to keep us up last time but somehow it got masked over as “a great job.” Well I think it’s a much taller order this time around. Getting this lot motivated and the run of fixtures. We could be in rock bottom by the end of Feb.
Smonnie
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Smonnie »

bubbles1966 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:02 pm I think we're edging towards some kind of realisation of what these players are.

Leicester are 3rd - and comfortably, and deservedly so. They have a youthful, pacey, energetic team that moves the ball and goes into challenges with purpose...like all the modern, successful teams do.

We have a bunch of old stagers, injury ravaged players and a few you wouldn't trust to stand up to a puff of wind. We have a squad built for 2010. Most of the damage was done under Pellegrini. We need a ruthless ****. Players like Fredericks, Anderson, Diangana are pivotal to playing against this kind of opposition.
A poor squad punctuated by some very good players who, in a good team, would look outstanding, but who lack the mental fortitude of a, say, Scott Parker, to drag the team through by grabbing the game by the scruff of the neck. Below average full-backs, absolutely no pace in midfield, a defensive midfielder we acquired more by luck than judgement with no back-up, a Brazilian who struggles to control the game, an influential captain who is an excellent footballer but a poor athlete, powderpuff Lanzini and a striker who looks either lazy or afraid of his own shadow.

Awful, awful squad-building - thanks Sully, Pelle and Husillos.

But no, it must be Moyes' fault.
jacko
Has liked: 60 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by jacko »

I don't dislike Moyes as a person. He seems like a decent bloke but he is the past. It's a shame the board went backwards but that's them all over. I can't think of anything positive to say right now about our team.
Het-Field
Location: Its great to be Irish, but its a miracle to be a Dub
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 322 likes

Post by Het-Field »

steps wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:08 pm Well Moyes really tripped himself up when he said “I’ve got a better squad this time around” didn’t he?

Cause we F’n haven’t.

He only just managed to keep us up last time but somehow it got masked over as “a great job.” Well I think it’s a much taller order this time around. Getting this lot motivated and the run of fixtures. We could be in rock bottom by the end of Feb.
Not a chance it’s better. Between Chich and Arnie there was about 20 goals, Lanzini was playing pre injury, Mario had some pace and vision to him. Obiang amd Kouyate were various options in midfield to give steel. We are still using the likes of Zabaleta, Antonio, Cresswell, and Masuaku. We also had Liverpool’s current backup keeper. I don’t care about Fabianski, Wilshere, or Yarmolenko as they are not regularly available, particularly the latter two. Our midfield is heavily reliant on a p,Ayer who was sent on loan to the Championship the last time this manager was with us. We were very poor in 2018. But right now, we are relying on older, and more injury prone players, without Arnautovic.
smuts
Has liked: 1498 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

steps wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:08 pm Well Moyes really tripped himself up when he said “I’ve got a better squad this time around” didn’t he?

Cause we F’n haven’t.

He's got an even older Noble, Zabaleta, Snodgrass, a Lanzini who's now shot to bits, a mardy striker who just strolls around isolated wondering of different ways to kill his agent, our other star 40 million signing has had about 3 good games in the last 12 months and is now injured.

Before he had an on fire Arnie...now he needs to pray Antonio can stay fit and do the same job in stretching defenders and providing us with some pace and power as no one else has any!
Smonnie
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Smonnie »

I actually think it's the attempt to play the modern pressing game that did for us today.

You can't play it with players with the lack of pace and stamina we have. Oh and in Haller's case, the lack of ******* balls.
ironsonthebrain
Has liked: 644 likes
Total likes: 119 likes

Post by ironsonthebrain »

Well he’s really working the old Moyes magic isn’t he?
New manager bounce gone, same old Moyes, we’re stuffed aren’t we?
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

maybe the plan is to let moyes take the bullet of the nightmare run of fixtures before binning him off and getting sir trev in as a hype man for the run in.
HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by HammerAl »

Quite like Moyes as a person. Admire his passion and optimism. But he simply isn’t good enough. Tonight’s performance STANK of previous performances we put in under Moyes.

One scary thing is, it’s pretty much the same team we had under him a couple of years ago, apart from thus time we don’t have Arnautovic to pretty much keep us up single hand-idly.
OohAahButler
Has liked: 561 likes
Total likes: 288 likes

Post by OohAahButler »

Smonnie wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:16 pm I actually think it's the attempt to play the modern pressing game that did for us today.

You can't play it with players with the lack of pace and stamina we have. Oh and in Haller's case, the lack of ******* balls.
I didn’t see us attempt anything of the sort in the first half
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

At a certain point, optimism is no longer optimism, its delusion.
Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Ben »

Get rid while we still have a chance
Hopefully a clause in there that he can go if we spend a couple weeks in the bottom 3.

Bring in Harry Houdini
Cellar-door
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 298 likes

Post by Cellar-door »

Smonnie wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:09 pm A poor squad punctuated by some very good players who, in a good team, would look outstanding, but who lack the mental fortitude of a, say, Scott Parker, to drag the team through by grabbing the game by the scruff of the neck. Below average full-backs, absolutely no pace in midfield, a defensive midfielder we acquired more by luck than judgement with no back-up, a Brazilian who struggles to control the game, an influential captain who is an excellent footballer but a poor athlete, powderpuff Lanzini and a striker who looks either lazy or afraid of his own shadow.

Awful, awful squad-building - thanks Sully, Pelle and Husillos.

But no, it must be Moyes' fault.
It can be both bad squad building and a bad manager. In fact that is exactly what it is. The midfield is a disaster, and RB as well with Fredericks out, Haller can't really play as a lone striker.

Yet.... Moyes doesn't help it. He came in and one of the first changes he made was to slide Fornals, one of the only players showing anything onto the bench, he keeps on with Lanzini and Noble no matter what. He plays Haller up front alone.
Moyes is a washed up manager nearly a decade past his days of relevance, he took the job and talked up the squad because he knew that having GSB over the barrel was the only way he was getting a top flight job. I had hoped maybe his exile would mean he'd have learned new tricks, but when push comes to shove, his instinct is to play conservatively, and lean on players he's familiar with, no matter how poorly they perform. Lanzini has been a mess for months... first thing Moyes does when he comes in is give him a bigger role.
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

Smonnie wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:16 pm I actually think it's the attempt to play the modern pressing game that did for us today.

Haller is not and never will be a lone striker. The fella knows it, we know it, successive managers have known it, but there’s no one to assist him because we literally sold every potential strike partner we had as soon as he rocked up.

Don’t blame the bloke for wanting to f*** off. That four four two article posted earlier perfectly summarises why he does.

You’d have to be mad or ****ing desperate to want to come back & work for these c**** twice.
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

On paper the first 11 is pretty good.

Unfortunately our midfield is dreadful and our “Rolls Royce” midfielder is always injured, just like he was at Arsenal.

People have been turning their noses up at Joe Allen, but I think him and NZonzi would add a lot to what we have at the moment. If we can also get in Giroud or Barkley I think that would be enough.

But the board have thrown away points this month by refusing to sign players.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

If you think it cant get worse, it will ~ Who they gonna call? Why Pards, of course. He'll be back here next season
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

Ironing Board wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:26 pm Unfortunately our midfield is dreadful and our “Rolls Royce” midfielder is always injured, just like he was at Arsenal.
Papier-mâché Rolls Royce

One of the worst signings this club ever made. Has made Carroll look like a bargain
Depressed Hammer

Post by Depressed Hammer »

Nothing to do with Moyes.
Sullivan was watching tonight. Lets see if he saw what i saw.
Zabby bless him is done. Our midfield is 2 seconds behind the action because they are so slow. Snodgrass and Noble CANNOT keep up with the pace in the current game! Our full backs offer nothing. We have one striker that is starved of support because the offensive need to keep close to Noble and rice. Teams are gliding through the middle with ease.
How the f*** can the owners sit and watch us struggle with these players and not do a thing to improve our survival chances?
Moyes? Don,t make me laugh. Did it matter what team he started with or what subs he brought on?
brothernero
Has liked: 700 likes
Total likes: 717 likes

Post by brothernero »

Mentioned this in another thread. the radio claimed the other day that Moyes had been interviewed by 5 Championship clubs, one 1 League 1 club and 3 Premier League clubs since his first stint with us.

Why did they all say no and yet we went begging cap in hand for him.

Out of work, cheap, desperate and a yes man is my reasons we now have him.