David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1802 likes

Re: David Moyes - 18th Permanent Manager of WHUFC

Post by Ironing Board »

Lil Joe 17 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:19 am Have we just accepted the 9 interview stuff as gospel?

One person shared (not saying he's lying) something which he heard on the radio. We don't know for a fact that he was rejected by all those clubs "just because he's desperate" but it seemed to have been brought up many times over.

It's one of those things which will just become an accepted truth and brought up as a stick to beat him with over & over again.
of course. Some folks just can’t stand the bloke and this will prove a handy stick to beat him with!
S-H
Has liked: 5737 likes
Total likes: 9653 likes

Post by S-H »

Ironing Board wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:27 am of course. Some folks just can’t stand the bloke and this will prove a handy stick to beat him with!
Or some folks can see him for what he is, a very poor, clueless manager.
Ozza
Has liked: 944 likes
Total likes: 2390 likes

Post by Ozza »

I said it at the time that the problems at this club ran deeper than Pelllers, not looking like there’s any real change with the new bloke in charge, hardly surprising.

The manager is irrelevant at this club
Tenbury
Has liked: 729 likes
Total likes: 1228 likes

Post by Tenbury »

IB, wether you think he's sub BFS, or ,in your case, the second coming of Christ,you have to accept that he was running last night's sh*t show.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2011 likes
Total likes: 1496 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

For those saying he's blameless.....he gave Noble and Lanzini a full 90min. He is fully to blame for that shambles last night.
Claret & Blue World
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Claret & Blue World »

Ironing Board wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:35 am he isn’t responsible for putting this s*** show together
So when he was interviewed, do you think he told the club that he won't be held responsible for any rubbish performances following his appointment or would he have told them that he had a clear plan of improvement for the team ?
MorthwylMawr
Has liked: 398 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by MorthwylMawr »

Ironing Board wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:35 am Bit hard for a manager to put an identity in place after five games!

And he isn’t responsible for putting this s*** show together

Identity yes hard to put together after 5 games, Pearson seems to have managed it at Watford though so not impossible. Moyes isn't responsible for putting the team together I agree, but he has worked with a number of the players before and knew what he was getting when he interviewed for the job. He's had 18 months out for Christ sake he should know all about all sorts of teams and squads.

But he is responsible for every result and every performance while he's at the helm.
student_hammer
Has liked: 45 likes
Total likes: 45 likes

Post by student_hammer »

I find it staggering that people try and defend Moyes’ tactical style, set-up and approach to every game. It has not changed one bit since last time. Not one. And we have a whole host of different players?!

As and when Anderson, Antonio, fredericks, wilshere (if ever) are fit again.. Moyes will still set the team up the same way.

And the decision not to bring back Diangana is laughable.

The people saying that Klopp or Guardiola couldn’t get a tune out of this lot... pull the other one. Have you seen the sheff utd squad list? Have you read through their first 11. Who exactly would you take from their squad this January?
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2483 likes
Total likes: 4383 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Moyes is not blameless - his loyalty to Lanzini is a mistake at this point.

However, when people talk about Leicester and Wolves, it should be recognised that both those clubs are currently very well run. Leicester are comfortably top 3 this season, having won the league just a few years back, while Wolves look like a team that will be consistently top 6-8.

Moyes is correct in acknowledging that Leicester were much better than us last night - and in acknowledging that even basic things like being 'faster to the ball' are weaknesses for us.

We are seeing the disastrous decisions of the last 12-18 months in the transfer market and on the contract side play out.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 856 likes
Total likes: 2017 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Ironing Board wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:31 am That would be a terrible lineup.
Would it? Would it seriously have been as bad as what we all witnessed yesterday?

The actual surprise in the (jinx) voice of the commentator, when he said something along the lines of '20 minutes in and the Hammers are still level!'.

Even Karren Brady could have told you pre-match that Leicester would run us into the ground, find space and press across the entirety of the park and we started with both Snod and Noble, with Zabaleta in some floating wide role and Lanzini totally invisible doing an impersonation of Etherington miles up the pitch.

If Pellegrini had done that we'd all have scoffed that he was trying to get sacked.

He took on - voluntarily - this hand of cards. He is playing it like a fool.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

Who was he meant to play in the middle Proph? We have nothing.
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 495 likes
Total likes: 1041 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

Moyes out
thejackhammer

Post by thejackhammer »

Georgee Paris wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:10 am Moyes out
:lol:

His face doesn't fit.

If this was a new manager with a fancy foreign name, or even someone like Parker, Bowyer or the Cowley's they'd be given time and sympathy.
S-H
Has liked: 5737 likes
Total likes: 9653 likes

Post by S-H »

thejackhammer wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:05 am Who was he meant to play in the middle Proph? We have nothing.
It's as clear as day to everyone that Fornals should be starting over Lanzini, he could have played Snodgrass centrally to add a bit of bite.

I know we have nothing, but he should have had us set up better, with what we do have.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2400 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

thejackhammer wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:05 am Who was he meant to play in the middle Proph? We have nothing
He could have played Fornals in the middle

He could also have stopped the ridiculous tactic of switching between a flat back four and a back five every 15 minutes

Our squad is light at the moment, but that doesn't mean we just roll over and accept our fate
Adrianisournumber1

Post by Adrianisournumber1 »

It’s always the manager never the donkeys we got on the pitch
thejackhammer

Post by thejackhammer »

S-H wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:12 am It's as clear as day to everyone that Fornals should be starting over Lanzini, he could have played Snodgrass centrally to add a bit of bite.

I know we have nothing, but he should have had us set up better, with what we do have.
He's playing Lanzini as an auxiliary striker like he did alongside Arnautovic. We need better there but it's not Fornals whose goalscoring record has never been amazing.

Fornals should be playing alongside Rice with one other, unfortunately Noble nor Snodgrass are good enough for that.

Pellegrini never played a Rice Fornals midfield for that same reason.
szola
Has liked: 590 likes
Total likes: 353 likes

Post by szola »

Moyes is setting the team up not to lose
Pellegrini set the team up to try to win

The latter is more difficult

How can we defend with 8 players around our box, and still give Leicester goalscoring chances, time and time again.
Allardyce was much better at parking the bus. Maybe Moyes should have looked at a few games from back then, instead of Red Bull games....
thejackhammer

Post by thejackhammer »

szola wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:27 am Moyes is setting the team up not to lose
Pellegrini set the team up to try to win

The latter is more difficult

How can we defend with 8 players around our box, and still give Leicester goalscoring chances, time and time again.
Allardyce was much better at parking the bus. Maybe Moyes should have looked at a few games from back then, instead of Red Bull games....
Because the players attempting to defend are rubbish. And Leicester are very good.

Noble, Snodgrass and Zabaleta would not start 3 in a week for any other team in the country. They have not got the legs.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 357 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Moyes must see Fornals differently to me, especially playing the laughably out of form Lanzini in front of him, I don't get it.

Not saying Fornals is mustard, but the fella puts it in and tries more than most in our current team.

Moyes must be having his coffee & eggs this morning looking at our fixture list and thinking f*** me, what I have done coming here, I may well be putting the final nail in my career. I do feel for the bloke as he wants to make a success for him & us, but my spider senses are telling me he was forced into saying the squad was good enough just to get the gig. Which is his fault if happened, but he wants to be a manager so I get it he backed himself, he may well get us to stay up but that job is looking harder & harder this morning.

We must be one, if not the slowest squad in the PL, fine if they are all highly technical, but they are not. He/we need some athleticism added & quickly.