David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Graza

Re: David Moyes - 18th Permanent Manager of WHUFC

Post by Graza »

West Ham manager David Moyes speaking to Match of the Day wrote:
: "We put a strong team out. I was well aware it was a home tie so I wanted to try to make it work, but on the day we did not play well enough.

“We did not start the game well. We gave up opportunities in the early part of the game and they were better than us in the opening period and they got their goal in that time.

“We were a bit fortunate we did not concede another goal but we got through to half-time and I made a decision to make a few changes.

“I had seen too many poor passes, too many balls being kicked off the pitch and not enough good play. We had to attempt to get through or at least get a draw but we were not quite able to get there.

“I think we had a lot of opportunities to have an attempt on target so sometimes you can take that stat slightly differently. We were in good positions to make it happen and we didn’t, but they were better.

“We were better in the second half but we could not quite manufacture a good cross or through pass so you have to give West Brom credit for that.

“If anything, their red card made it tighter, made it more difficult to get through. They did a good job but we had opportunities – one fell to Mark Noble, a really good chance, but apart from that we did not have loads of opportunities.”
That's it I'm done, no more chances, no more benefit of the doubt. If that is what he has to say about that performance he can f*** off.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 856 likes
Total likes: 2017 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

fjthegrey wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:17 pm If we lose every game between now and mid March, which I think could happen, they'll sack him just for the potential new manager bounce. It doesn't even matter who that guy is. It'll seem a better option than matching to a certain drop.

I'm not even saying Moyes is crap either.
What kind of bounce does Mark Hughes actually achieve?
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2083 likes
Total likes: 1803 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

fjthegrey wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:18 pm We could get relegated, be out of all the cups and barely look like a football team.

So, pretty much what's happening now.
Putting someone like that in charge guarantees relegation, while also guaranteeing mid-table mediocrity, at best, in the Championship next season.

All of our problems stem to the fact we have completely forgotten our core principles. What we need to do is build a strong core of young British players so we can then push higher. It is the reason teams like Sheffield and Burnley are able to punch above their weight.

We just have a squad full of mercenaries who see West Ham as a pay day and they will hop off at the soonest opportunity as soon as things are not going their way.
Paolo's Piranhas

Post by Paolo's Piranhas »

I know he's due a bonus if he keeps us up, but anyone know if they can let him go without compensation if he relegates us?
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

prophet:marginal wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:21 pm What kind of bounce does Mark Hughes actually achieve?
What Mark Hughes did to Stoke is a virtual carbon copy of what Pellegrini and Husillos have done here.
djbubbles
Has liked: 167 likes
Total likes: 115 likes

Post by djbubbles »

Sack him now
Irrons
Has liked: 1290 likes
Total likes: 262 likes

Post by Irrons »

Can't we sack the players instead?
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1169 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

prophet:marginal wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:21 pm What kind of bounce does Mark Hughes actually achieve?
None. But come mid march when any fragment of faith in Moyes has been extinguished, and relegation is near enough inevitable, it'll feel like it's probably worth the gamble.
Brown Sauce
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by Brown Sauce »

thejackhammer wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:04 pm Grant, Allardyce, Bilic, Pellegrini, Moyes.

Our fans have been screaming that they're not good enough and we need better for 10 years.

But they are not the problem. The board are the problem.

What was Moyes meant to do with the squad he's inherited? Antonio not yet fit to start, no Anderson, no Snodgrass, Sanchez is our only alternative to Noble.

10 years of shoddy recruitment is coming home to roost.

He has a squad plenty capable of breaking down the reserve team of a championship outfit.
A squad better than the previous one he had.

All those listed have delivered better points per game with the same squad or worse. What’s his excuse?
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 771 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

it won't be hughes. they'll have done the sour dinosaur option. it'll be any ex player who has done the minimum amount of badges or the bloke running the u23s.
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1169 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

Ironing Board wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:22 pm What we need to do...
What we've needed to do for years has been a total ****ing irrelevance. It isn't going to happen with our current owners so talking about it is a complete waste of everyone's time.

There is no plan. There is no focus. There is no joined up thinking. There hasn't been for a decade.

All these hypothetical scenarios where Moyes oversees some structural change at West Ham and we become a real football club are so outlandish and stupid. At best, Moyes is a plaster that we've crudely placed over a bullet hole. The internal damage is done. Everything else is just superficial b*llocks.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2486 likes
Total likes: 4389 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Beavis Danzig wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:33 pm it won't be hughes. they'll have done the sour dinosaur option. it'll be any ex player who has done the minimum amount of badges or the bloke running the u23s.
Allardyce.

And he'll sack off almost all the players Pellegrini signed.
HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by HammerAl »

Ironing Board wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:24 pm What Mark Hughes did to Stoke is a virtual carbon copy of what Pellegrini and Husillos have done here.
I know you’re trying your hardest to defer any blame from your lover’s door, but MP & MH aren’t the ones to blame. I wasn’t MP’s biggest fan by the end of his reign, but no way can he be held responsible for how the squad is and where we are now. No manager in their right mind would be happy with how thin our squad is and the owners can take full responsibility for selling off half the squad and not replacing them, as MP publicly said he wanted to.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 856 likes
Total likes: 2017 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

fjthegrey wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:29 pm None. But come mid march when any fragment of faith in Moyes has been extinguished, and relegation is near enough inevitable, it'll feel like it's probably worth the gamble.
:D

I prefer him to Moyes. He has a humorous hairstyle.

[5 minutes elapse]

That's possibly the only reason, but it still stands
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

Brown Sauce wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:32 pm He has a squad plenty capable of breaking down the reserve team of a championship outfit.

All those listed have delivered better points per game with the same squad or worse. What’s his excuse?
Does he really? Sanchez would struggle to get a game at Stoke, Haller is a lazy donkey who make Arnie look like Ibrahimovic, Lanzini looks broken beyond repair and our main midfielder is well past his best and should now be a bench player.

West Brom essentially kept their squad together when they got relegated, so the quality gap is not as wide as people claim. In essence we are four places above them in the leagues as they are top of the Championship.
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

HammerAl wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:37 pm I know you’re trying your hardest to defer any blame from your lover’s door, but MP & MH aren’t the ones to blame. I wasn’t MP’s biggest fan by the end of his reign, but no way can he be held responsible for how the squad is and where we are now. No manager in their right mind would be happy with how thin our squad is and the owners can take full responsibility for selling off half the squad and not replacing them, as MP publicly said he wanted to.
He is the one who chose to sign a bunch of lightweight showponies.

The fact people still cannot accept the foundation of a good team is a solid defense and hardworking midfield is beyond me.
BondsoBob
Has liked: 583 likes
Total likes: 530 likes

Post by BondsoBob »

Let's face it. They are not going to sack him. We are stuck with Moyes now. We are f@@@@d.
I really wouldn't be surprised to see us in League 1 in the not too distant future.
Hammer1972
Has liked: 56 likes
Total likes: 209 likes

Post by Hammer1972 »

Ironing Board wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:40 pm The fact people still cannot accept the foundation of a good team is a solid defense and hardworking midfield is beyond me.
The fact you cannot accept Moyes is finished at this level is beyond 95% of posters but there you go...
61dicksey
Has liked: 580 likes
Total likes: 424 likes

Post by 61dicksey »

Bet Moyes has a diary of contacts ,goes to phone them and nobody answers , he had his glory years at a mid to upper level side at Everton where he was the messiah , Those days are well gone. and were never gonna be replicated at poor old skint West Ham. :thdn:
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 688 likes
Total likes: 2024 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

Brown Sauce wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:32 pm
He doesn't. He said that when he came in, perhaps as a confidence boost or something, but it isn't a better squad as it stands is it?
Strikers: Arnautovic, Hernandez, Carroll v Haller and Ajeti?
CM: Rice, Obiang, Noble, Kouyate v Rice, Noble, Sanchez, Wilshere?

It's not even close..
Last edited by il_martello_di_genovesi on Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.