David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 136 likes

Re: David Moyes - 18th Permanent Manager of WHUFC

Post by Ben »

Ironing Board wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:46 pm This is reeking of Stoke under Lambert. They left Hughes in charge for too long and then by the time they changed things the margins between safety and relegation were razor thin.

I am not going to defend that shambolic performance l, but it did underline just how much Pellegrini and Husillos have damaged the squad. The lack of depth is an absolute disgrace and signings like Ajeti are farcical.
give it a rest. you are completely blinded by Moyes and its embarrasing
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2501 likes
Total likes: 4405 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

BondsoBob wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:41 pm Let's face it. They are not going to sack him. We are stuck with Moyes now. We are f@@@@d.
I really wouldn't be surprised to see us in League 1 in the not too distant future.
He won't be here next season. They won't back him anywhere near enough to give him any chance of that.

Neil Warnock's free.

As others have said, some of our players would struggle in the Championship.
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1802 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

bubbles1966 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:35 pm Allardyce.

And he'll sack off almost all the players Pellegrini signed.
Big Sam would laugh at them.

He doesn’t want a rebuilding job in the Championship at his age. If he did take it he would put in minimal effort so he could get his payoff ASAP
Last edited by Ironing Board on Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

djbubbles wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:25 pm Sack him now

You know who Sully will call, dont you? and he will and that'll tell you everything about how desperate he will be to preserve our Premier League status
Hammer1972
Has liked: 56 likes
Total likes: 209 likes

Post by Hammer1972 »

On West Ham’s difficulties creating shooting opportunities…

Sometimes that can be taken the wrong way. I think we worked hard to try and get into positions but West Brom defended really well.

It may look to us like it took 85 minutes to get an attempt on target, but maybe its the fans not understanding the intricacies of the game like Dave does..
Brown Sauce
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by Brown Sauce »

il_martello_di_genovesi wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:43 pm He doesn't. He said that when he came in, perhaps as a confidence boost or something, but it isn't a better squad as it stands is it?
Strikers: Arnautovic, Hernandez, Carroll v Haller and Ajeti?
CM: Rice, Obiang, Noble, Kouyate v Rice, Noble, Sanchez, Wilshere?

It's not even close..

Nicely played but they were his words.
No mention of the better centre backs or the better forwards like Anderson or Fornals etc?
Believer
Has liked: 1432 likes
Total likes: 766 likes

Post by Believer »

I was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt but that garbage today was one of the worst displays Ive ever seen. That was West Brom’s second string out there today and we played against 10 men for 20 minutes. There’s no excuse for that. That was the best side we could cobble together today and that’s what he got out of them.

What has Fornals done wrong ?

I don’t care that we have a poor squad. We started with a £45m striker, a £25m midfielder, a £50m (laughable) rated CH who we did spend about £20m on. That’s £85m on 3 players plus and England midfielder and he couldn’t get a whistle let alone a tune !

He belongs at Patrick Thistle or somewhere. He is clearly trying to bully the players rather than train them and that type of management is gone in the history bin.

We are finished as a club. The game is over. I just dread to think who they’ll sell us to in 3 years !
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 688 likes
Total likes: 2035 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

Brown Sauce wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:47 pm Nicely played.
No mention of the better centre backs or the better forwards like Anderson or Fornals etc?
I gave some examples in key positions, because our midfield is weak and energyless and we don't score goals. Sure he has a better standard of creative type midfielders, but one of them is injured (who actually started to play well). Regardless, that's less important than the key areas highlighted.

I also know they were his words, I said that at the start of the post...
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9655 likes

Post by S-H »

Apparently he's turned down 12 top jobs in the last 18 months including the Real Madrid job, choosing instead to just sit at home sharpening pencils, staring intently at a picture of David Sullivan, whilst occasionally stroking his dead ferret and twitching.

Moyes' revenge - 18 months in the making - airs on Netflix summer of 2020.
Last edited by S-H on Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

Brown Sauce wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:47 pm Nicely played but they were his words.
What do you want him to say?

“The squad is low on confidence, but also low in quality. Our main striker is a cart horse, while we cannot afford to drop him as we have no competition up front.

“In midfield we have such a lack of depth I think I will play a winger in a midfield two, just in front of our only decent young player.

“In central defense we seem OK. Unfortunately this is undermined by the fact we have very poor options in the full back positions.

“Apart from that, we have a great squad and I cannot wait to get started (pause)..... Oops, I forgot to mention our only decent keeper is crocked, and we have keepers with crisp-packet wrists as cover.”
BondsoBob
Has liked: 583 likes
Total likes: 530 likes

Post by BondsoBob »

S-H wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:53 pm Apparently he's turned down 12 top jobs in the last 18 months including the Real Madrid job, choosing instead to just sit at home sharpening pencils, staring intently at a picture of David Sullivan, whilst occasionally stroking his dead ferret and twitching.

Moyes' revenge - 18 months in the making
:lol: At least we can still laugh.
HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by HammerAl »

Ironing Board wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:40 pm He is the one who chose to sign a bunch of lightweight showponies.

The fact people still cannot accept the foundation of a good team is a solid defense and hardworking midfield is beyond me.
Show ponies? There’s one player he has signed who could fall under that category - Anderson. But I think he works hard and tracks back more than he probably should.

And your second sentence is complete nonsense. We’ve all been pointing out for YEARS that we need a stronger defence and a harder-working midfield.

MP let Obiang go thinking, possibly having been assured, that a replacement would be signed. He wasn’t. It’s also been clearly documented how many players the owners sold and how much they saved on wages. And as I said in my previous comment, no manager in their right mind would accept that squad as it was.
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

Believer wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:52 pm ?

I don’t care that we have a poor squad. We started with a £45m striker, a £25m midfielder, a £50m (laughable) rated CH who we did spend about £20m on. That’s £85m on 3 players plus and England midfielder and he couldn’t get a whistle let alone a tune !
If Haller is a 45M striker I am Bob Monkhouse.
keithwright1977

Post by keithwright1977 »

Blaming the manager is taking the focal point away from the true issues that currently haunt this club..... the owners who have destroyed this club brick by brick
keithwright1977

Post by keithwright1977 »

Ironing Board wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:56 pm If Haller is a 45M striker I am Bob Monkhouse.
At present I would rather have Ian Dowie up front than Haller, obviously he wasn’t the best but he always put a shift in
brothernero
Has liked: 749 likes
Total likes: 763 likes

Post by brothernero »

"whilst occasionally stroking his dead ferret and twitching"

Both funny and grossest euphemisms ever. :lol:
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9655 likes

Post by S-H »

Ironing Board wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:56 pm I am Bob Monkhouse.
Make up your mind.
Hammer1972
Has liked: 56 likes
Total likes: 209 likes

Post by Hammer1972 »

keithwright1977 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:58 pm Blaming the manager is taking the focal point away from the true issues that currently haunt this club..... the owners who have destroyed this club brick by brick
Do you honestly think that there is a single poster on here who criticises Moyes, but thinks the owners are blameless? Even one?
Brown Sauce
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by Brown Sauce »

Ironing Board wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:54 pm What do you want him to say?

“The squad is low on confidence, but also low in quality. Our main striker is a cart horse, while we cannot afford to drop him as we have no competition up front.

“In midfield we have such a lack of depth I think I will play a winger in a midfield two, just in front of our only decent young player.

“In central defense we seem OK. Unfortunately this is undermined by the fact we have very poor options in the full back positions.

“Apart from that, we have a great squad and I cannot wait to get started (pause)..... Oops, I forgot to mention our only decent keeper is crocked, and we have keepers with crisp-packet wrists as cover.”
How about? I’ll know more about the quality of the squad over the next few weeks??
I think he’s lost his marbles judging by the comments after the last few matches.

Stop making excuses for his ineptitude.
jhammers
Has liked: 72 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Post by jhammers »

Ironing Board,

If Moyes is a great as a manager as you think he is, why did no other team want him since he was sacked with us?