David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

e17
Has liked: 292 likes
Total likes: 976 likes

Re: David Moyes - 18th Permanent Manager of WHUFC

Post by e17 »

Actually be funny if Moyes quits & they got to the stage of the back up address book

“Hello H. How’s the rolly polly business going?”
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9654 likes

Post by S-H »

I'd personally like to see Sullivan replace Moyes..
mickthekeeper
Has liked: 180 likes
Total likes: 232 likes

Post by mickthekeeper »

wormley wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:31 pm In the unlikely event that Moyes walks, they'll just reappoint Allardyce, on his own terms.
Can’t see that happening - it’d ruin his “never been relegated” stats
HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by HammerAl »

I know he’s a very crud manager, but I do feel sorry for the bloke. He was THAT desperate to get back into football that he took, arguably, one of, if not THE worst managerial gigs in English football.
Believer
Has liked: 1432 likes
Total likes: 766 likes

Post by Believer »

Faithless wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:49 pm I'd take Allardyce on his own cast iron terms over this horror show of ineptitude. I don't actually see him taking the job on in all honesty. We're not worth the hassle.

The issue would still be who's doing the negotiations though. It'll still be Sully with his ever increasing inability to get it right.
They will not be able to appoint anyone to replace him. As I said last night, the only way forward for them is to appoint a DoF and a proper experienced and knowledgable footballing team and the they take a step back from everything. Start running the club as a football club instead of a business.

Nobody with an ounce of self pride will take this gig without a list of stipulations in place. Finally the press world are realising its the trio not the fans that are the problem.
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 782 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

HammerAl wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:15 pm I know he’s a very crud manager, but I do feel sorry for the bloke. He was THAT desperate to get back into football that he took, arguably, one of, if not THE worst managerial gigs in English football.
he could've gotten a job more suited to his level in the championship or league one.
Paolo's Piranhas

Post by Paolo's Piranhas »

il_martello_di_genovesi wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:10 pm If David Moyes walks out, what makes you think Howe or Dyche are coming here? If you can't do enough to keep Moyes in a job, who can you get? Which is why I would love it to happen.
It depends how savvy H & D are, and exactly what is left of WH come the end of the season - on and off the pitch. But either of them, or anyone else looking at the job, will have the board over a barrel. Just like Fat Sam did, only more so this time. Last time it was just a relegation a new man had to be bribed into dealing with, this time it's so much more. Money talks, and unless there really is some major hidden problem with our finances, they'll open their wallets and make someone an offer they can't refuse.

Though if Moyes actually does walk, we'll be going off the edge of the map. And who knows what will happen?
steps
Has liked: 108 likes
Total likes: 256 likes

Post by steps »

Jon wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:12 am If he quit now he would never work again.

Best thing to do is do the impossible, keep us up then quit.
Why?

Redknapp walked out on clubs a few times, and that was before he got the Spurs job IIRC.
Faithless
Location: On a bubble nearing the sky.....Born 7 days too late...39 years n counting...Win a cup lads...

Post by Faithless »

Believer wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:24 pm They will not be able to appoint anyone to replace him. As I said last night, the only way forward for them is to appoint a DoF and a proper experienced and knowledgable footballing team and the they take a step back from everything. Start running the club as a football club instead of a business.

Nobody with an ounce of self pride will take this gig without a list of stipulations in place. Finally the press world are realising its the trio not the fans that are the problem.
Agreed, that's why I posed the question earlier in the thread. Sack him/or he walks. Who's next? Not pie in the sky who's next. Actual reality GSB still in charge with their MO who'd be next...

Moyes was desperate for possibly his one last shot in the top flight. Who else is desperate for that? especially when we're in a relegation battle and have owner's as respected as ours? Pullis?

If only they'd take a step back, they'd still make their money and the club would perform better in everyway but it's all ego with them, Sullivan can't let go he's a control freak with a Napoleon Complex
Faithless
Location: On a bubble nearing the sky.....Born 7 days too late...39 years n counting...Win a cup lads...

Post by Faithless »

Paolo's Piranhas wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:30 pm It depends how savvy H & D are, and exactly what is left of WH come the end of the season - on and off the pitch. But either of them, or anyone else looking at the job, will have the board over a barrel. Just like Fat Sam did, only more so this time. Last time it was just a relegation a new man had to be bribed into dealing with, this time it's so much more. Money talks, and unless there really is some major hidden problem with our finances, they'll open their wallets and make someone an offer they can't refuse.

Though if Moyes actually does walk, we'll be going off the edge of the map. And who knows what will happen?
Howe and Dyche still have upwardly mobile reputations despite the struggles this season. It'll take more than money to get them to set foot in this place. It's an open secret that you get one season of support, followed by one season of spin and if you're lucky to still have a job in year 3 it's a year of undermining press releases and lack of transfer activity until the inevitable non renewal of contract.

f*** me it's like going to see a poxy RomCom you know the ending after the first 5 min, actually you know the ending by the cast in the poster.
Believer
Has liked: 1432 likes
Total likes: 766 likes

Post by Believer »

Faithless wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:36 pm
If only they'd take a step back, they'd still make their money and the club would perform better in everyway but it's all ego with them, Sullivan can't let go he's a control freak with a Napoleon Complex
I would live to know how many times Sullivan has rewatched that Sky programme today. I bet he is spewing. I hope he is. Maybe now just maybe he is slowly realising that his world of spin has spun its last tale. It's over David. Step aside now. It's clear to the world how pathetically useless you are as a football person let alone a human being...

Toodle pip !!
Faithless

Post by Faithless »

Believer wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:43 pm I would live to know how many times Sullivan has rewatched that Sky programme today. I bet he is spewing. I hope he is. Maybe now just maybe he is slowly realising that his world of spin has spun its last tale. It's over David. Step aside now. It's clear to the world how pathetically useless you are as a football person let alone a human being...

Toodle pip !!
That thought warms the cockles of me ok heart that thought does...

When the faithless and the believer(s) are on the same page something has to change surely!?
wormley
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by wormley »

Moyes is probably on 40k a week with a £1m+ bonus for keeping us up.

I doubt he's going to walk away from that.

Kudos if he does.
Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

wormley wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:54 pm Moyes is probably on 40k a week with a £1m+ bonus for keeping us up.

Kudos if he does.
£2m bonus for keeping us up apparently
wormley
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by wormley »

HammerAl wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:15 pm I know he’s a very crud manager, but I do feel sorry for the bloke. He was THAT desperate to get back into football that he took, arguably, one of, if not THE worst managerial gigs in English football.
I don't know, Pellegrini did alright out of it.

£15M wasn't it.
Paolo's Piranhas

Post by Paolo's Piranhas »

Faithless wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:43 pm
**** me it's like going to see a poxy RomCom you know the ending after the first 5 min, actually you know the ending by the cast in the poster.
That's the worst thing about it, the endless loops of repetition that are lost on people who don't support WH..

"Okay, but why's that such a big deal?" - Because it's the tenth ****ing time it's happened!! And we all saw it coming months ago!!

There must be a great venn diagram to be made out of: Bilic - undermined in his second season/our first at the OS where we've moved for 'the next level' - replaced by Moyes - replaced by Pellegrini - undermined in his second season - replaced by Moyes - beaten by Bilic in charge of a Championship reserve team at the OS where we moved for 'the next level'
peter49uk
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by peter49uk »

He must be comfortable money wise so why put yourself and your family through something like this.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 2016 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

S-H wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:14 pm I'd personally like to see Sullivan replace Moyes..
From that distance, in the stands? No chance.
Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

peter49uk wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:59 pm He must be comfortable money wise so why put yourself and your family through something like this.
Something like what? Their creaming money in every season with minimum effort especially Gold, not until the fans get organised and start putting pressure on does it start to get dicey
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 688 likes
Total likes: 2035 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

wormley wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:54 pm Moyes is probably on 40k a week with a £1m+ bonus for keeping us up.

If he isn't allowed to sign any players I doubt that he'll be getting that bonus. If he doesn't get the bonus it means we've gone down and the reputation of David Moyes stays the same. Walking away is a bit of a joker card for him, because it pushes all of the problem onto the owners. May even get the media feeling a bit sorry for the job Moyes could've done and he may at least get another half decent job somewhere.

Of course it's all if's and but's, but I do think staying in the job with no funds for new players is just him staying on the sinking ship.