David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

goa127
Has liked: 454 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Re: David Moyes - 18th Permanent Manager of WHUFC

Post by goa127 »

Having watched Motd it confirmed exactly what I thought at the time. There is no Brighton player within TEN YARDS of the ball as it passes slowly between ogbonna and diop. This is not due to tactics. This is due to idocy. The second goal is the key moment, momentum changed in their favour. If that stupid mistake had not been made we most likely win the game. I'm sure Moyes would have been happy to carry on playing as we were but it was obvious that several players were feeling the effects of the Liverpool game late on. Everton employed the same tactics after going down to ten and even nicked a very undeserved winner. I'm neutral re moyes but my only complaint today was his failure to sub noble after 60 mins.
TheHandOfDog
Has liked: 542 likes
Total likes: 463 likes

Post by TheHandOfDog »

Going down, should have kept Pellegrini and saved ourselves some cash from his severance. Losing MP to get in Moyes was a silly idea. I do think we will keep Moyes going into the Championship and I hope he has a plan to get us rolling again. O well. At least we have actual opponents we can beat down there. Minus West Brom.
Claret & Blue World
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Claret & Blue World »

Albie Beck wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:40 am Cellar-door is right. It wasn't Arthur being confused per se, it was the needless change to a back 5 that gave the initiative to BHA and sowed the confusion for the last 2 goals.
Bang on.
Humbug
Has liked: 47 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by Humbug »

Moyes has definitely got better at selling himself in interviews , etc , but can he really cut the mustard anymore? Only time will tell but we are fast running out of any opportunities . The board took too long to get rid of MP and now we've lost 25 points from winning positions which shows that this squad is a nervous wreck, brittle and full of mentally fragile characters.

"Winning is what I do" sounds like very hollow 'spin' now.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2406 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Faithless wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:48 pm Hi my name is David

I read Crouchend Hammer's post extolling the defensive capabilities of Arthur Masuaku on :kumb: and with my lack of backroom staff to help advise me I decided to back his judgement and to bring Arthur on with my side comfortably leading 3-1 to shore up the defense with only 20 minutes left to play...I don't think I'll be doing that again in a hurry.

My name is David, you killed my father, prepare to die!
:lol:
Sorry couldn't help myself :wink:
No geez

I am not asking for Arthur to come on at 3-1 and shore it up

I am not asking anyone to come up at 3-1 and shore it up

Just play the game.

Keep Antonio on. The only player who stretches the play.

Take the donkey Haller off

Typical Moyes. Goes from a fairly half decent system to a ridiculously negative one with Masuaku and Creswell not having a clue what they are doing

Moyes truing to be all continental and switch to five at the back.. just stick with it

Deeper and deeper. More defensive. Backwards a d backwards.

That's what happens

Our second performance was really very very poor
Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 136 likes

Post by Ben »

Ironing Board wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:51 am I actually think Arthur was supposed to play higher, but his natural instincts took over, so he dropped deeper.

On that second goal he seemed to have drifted into Cresswell’s area, which led to needless faffing when it should have been launched for a throw in.
If he was simply coming on to play left mid why would he whisper to cresswell then drop straight into leftback and stay there.
Just admit moyes got it wrong
Brown Sauce
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by Brown Sauce »

You’re asking the impossible.
IB has no ability to admit the truth. Even when we eventually get relegated he’ll be telling us Moyes worked wonders at Everton and that he was hand picked by Fergie.
Manchester United, Real Sociedad and Sunderland never happened..........
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

Its difficult to know what the plan was with Masuaku. He was only on the pitch for 30 seconds when Diop and Ogbonna conspired to let Brighton back in the game, you can't blame that on the tactical change.

Then Brighton's tails went up and our cowardly lot lost their ar*e completely.

I don't agree with the tactical change, though Antonio did need to come off, Masuaku should have replaced him like for like. But the second goal killed us, and that was nothing to do with tactics, that is solely on the players.
e17
Has liked: 291 likes
Total likes: 976 likes

Post by e17 »

For anyone defending him, there seems to be two outlooks:

*Just analyse the previous 90 minutes, and not the points gained or the matches as a whole so far

* Attack those who “won’t give him a chance no matter what”

The reason most of us feel the way we do IS the “no matter what” part - Fella has won one league game so far, and it’s literally only been in that game that the discipline and fitness levels looked anywhere close to improving because Bournemouth were even worse than us.

Personally. I would be keener to shake Moyes’ hand or share a pint with him than I would Pellegrini, who was stealing a living and by the end just waiting for them to sack him.

But that’s not the same as wanting what’s best for WHU. Even with these clowns running the circus.

One league game.

Would Pel have honestly done worse? Personally I doubt it.
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 495 likes
Total likes: 1042 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

Masuaku just looked completely uninterested. Perhaps he was hoping for a move in January. Either way he looked like he wasn’t switched on at all when he came on. I wouldn’t have him anywhere near the team after that performance.
Lanzini I think is broken. Mentally and physically.
Fornals had played his way into form and Moyes has destroyed him. 100% down to his management.
Antonio’s performance yesterday was head and shoulders better than anything Lanzini has produced for us - how could Moyes call Lanzini our best player? This is an insult to the whole team even Snodgrass who produced far more than Lanzini has managed.
Turns to Stone
Has liked: 233 likes
Total likes: 1507 likes

Post by Turns to Stone »

What I find strange is the constant switching from 4 to 5 at the back. These are players with zero confidence, they don’t need extra tactics to worry about, they need to get back to the basics.

Allardyce would have sorted this back 5 out very quickly and there is no reason why Moyes shouldn’t have. He’s trying to be too clever and it’s going to cost us our Premier league status.

But the owners and players deserve it so o can’t be too disappointed.

If we do go down, I wouldn’t trust Moyes to get us back up. He’s been going backwards for years and was lucky to get this job.

Bleak, very bleak.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 856 likes
Total likes: 2016 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

e17 wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:34 am

Personally. I would be keener to shake Moyes’ hand or share a pint with him than I would Pellegrini, who was stealing a living and by the end just waiting for them to sack him.

But that’s not the same as wanting what’s best for WHU. Even with these clowns running the circus.

One league game.

I imagine he would have done, but I am not sure if it would have been worse for WHU. By this I mean that I imagine that, if Pellegrini had not been fired, we would have lost at Gillingham, even if he had replicated the result against Bournemouth. That would have meant that the seemingly undroppable collection of players we have - Noble, Haller, Lanzini - would have had a weekend off in the first week of the new year. Small potatoes, appreciably, but it might have made a small difference in the ensuing league games.

On another level, its deckchairs on the Titanic, really. The board have once again tried to minimise expenditure in the January window, by failing to deal with the FB issue properly and waiting until late within it to supplement our squad. It is ridiculous that the new body in midfield had insufficient time to get ready for yesterday's match, if it was also obvious that we were going to need to rely on him.

Is there any point in having Bowen ready for Man City and Liverpool? He should have been signed a fortnight ago, if we were going to sign him at all.

Both Pellegrini and Moyes are the lightning rods, exposed to the stormy weather. They are neither tactical geniuses, teaching their peers new tricks, nor sufficiently galvanising to get a tune out of a demoralised rag-tag collection of players.

They are both playing Russian roulette, with a gun loaded by a pair of clowns.
S-H
Has liked: 5737 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Sullivan: David.. the result once again, was most unsatisfactory, so you know what that means, don't you, David?

Moyes: Yes my Lordship, a thousand apologies, please forgive me master?

Sullivan: Back in your cage, David, come on, in you go, Mark will let you out first thing Monday morning, so you can mow the pitches at Rush Green, and prepare the lads breakfast, before they arrive for training.

Moyes: Of course master, thank you again for this opportunity, thank you, thank you, thank you.
BondsoBob
Has liked: 583 likes
Total likes: 530 likes

Post by BondsoBob »

S-H wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:52 am Sullivan: David.. the result once again, was most unsatisfactory, so you know what that means, don't you, David?

Moyes: Yes my Lordship, a thousand apologies, please forgive me master?

Sullivan: Back in your cage, David, come on, in you go, Mark will let you out first thing Monday morning, so you can mow the pitches at Rush Green, and prepare the lads breakfast, before they arrive for training.

Moyes: Of course master, thank you again for this opportunity, thank you, thank you, thank you.

Sounds about right. :lol:
Claret & Blue World
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Claret & Blue World »

e17 wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:34 am For anyone defending him, there seems to be two outlooks:

*Just analyse the previous 90 minutes, and not the points gained or the matches as a whole so far

* Attack those who “won’t give him a chance no matter what”

The reason most of us feel the way we do IS the “no matter what” part - Fella has won one league game so far, and it’s literally only been in that game that the discipline and fitness levels looked anywhere close to improving because Bournemouth were even worse than us.

One league game.

Well put.
Personally I find the "I'll give him a chance because thats the West Ham way" crowd the funniest of the lot.

Yeah, like if the club brought Pardew back and this site went into meltdown they'd all say the same...: :thdn:
Upminster Hammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by Upminster Hammer »

Still so angry about the result and watching moyes say his disappointed in the players isn’t helping.

Come out and take responsibility, the blame falls at your feet. Why switch formation to allow Brighton to pile on the pressure. We are in a relegation scrap with no confidence. The moment they got their second they were bound to get a third.

Our defending has been comical all season why test it by going 5 at the back.

Moyes was never the right man for the job, so uninspiring. What’s he actually added to the team since MP? Other than refusing to play fornales who arguably was our best player up until Christmas.
bigcarpchaser
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by bigcarpchaser »

It’s obviously now I think about it, he’s doing it on purpose to shaft GSB after they shafted him the last time he was here. He’s taking us down deliberately.
Good man :thup: :thup:
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6759 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

il_martello_di_genovesi wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:17 pm You can’t blame him for taking Antonio off. Of course taking off your best player won’t help, but this is where options are needed...
Of course I can. It was a stupid decision made by the manager trying to be clever thinking he's saving Antonio, even though Antonio was fine at the time he went off. Brighton could not handle him at all and were playing **** scared of him causing endless havoc. But not only that, the anti football twat swapped him for Masuaku. Even though I wouldn't have dreamed of taking off Antonio in that form, if I must it would have been for another threatening attacking player like Lanzini or Fornals to keep the pressure right on Brighton and keeping them on the back foot. But it's just not in the dinosaurs nature, he just cannot help himself until he panicks late on when it's far too late to eventually bring them both on. Bringing this **** back just typifies the utter desperation and clueless leadership at the top of the Club. Clowns the ****ing lot of em. :lol:
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

bigcarpchaser wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:35 am It’s obviously now I think about it, he’s doing it on purpose to shaft GSB after they shafted him the last time he was here. He’s taking us down deliberately.
Good man :thup: :thup:
and gettig paid for it

His still due his big win so City or Liverpool watch out
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5674 likes
Total likes: 3096 likes

Post by MB »

Cellar-door wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:18 am I think most people would actually agree that he got the tactics right from the start (personnel we can quibble with Noble) that's why it's so infuriating that when he took off Antonio he switched to a really dumb tactical approach. HE HAD IT RIGHT!
I assume the idea was to take the pressure off the players who were blowing out of their arses at that point (about half the team).

A like for like swap for Antonio would still have left us stretched as we had so many players running on fumes.

I agree he is too negative generally but not sure what he could have done with the options available and the brain farts we keep having regardless of manager.

We are paying the price for the summer window which cleared out all our cover and left us depending on Noble’s old legs and Antonio staying fit.