David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

S-H
Has liked: 5736 likes
Total likes: 9646 likes

Re: David Moyes - 18th Permanent Manager of WHUFC

Post by S-H »

Beavis Danzig wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:30 am if we don't beat saints i'd promote nolan to manager just for the effect.
I imagine, he might be the man in charge next season, in the Championship.
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Billydinho »

Didn't he get sacked by Notts County?
Turns to Stone
Has liked: 233 likes
Total likes: 1507 likes

Post by Turns to Stone »

Billydinho wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:34 am Didn't he get sacked by Notts County?
And Leyton Orient. But he was manager there, not a coach.

You'd be hard pressed to find a manager that hadn't been sacked from somewhere.
Hammer1972
Has liked: 56 likes
Total likes: 209 likes

Post by Hammer1972 »

Turns to Stone wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:41 am You'd be hard pressed to find a manager that hadn't been sacked from somewhere.
And sometimes they'll even go back if they get no other offers...
Turns to Stone
Has liked: 233 likes
Total likes: 1507 likes

Post by Turns to Stone »

Hammer1972 wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:53 am And sometimes they'll even go back if they get no other offers...
Only the really, really desperate ones.
norse
Has liked: 380 likes
Total likes: 838 likes

Post by norse »

So another unemployed ex-employee. I realise that's a bit negative, but I will reserve my judgement. Welcome back Nolanaldo.
Hammer1972
Has liked: 56 likes
Total likes: 209 likes

Post by Hammer1972 »

Turns to Stone wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:56 am Only the really, really desperate ones.
He's wasn't desperate! Don't you ever say that! He's talented and beautiful and in high demand!

Here is an article from 1996 that explains why I'm right....

etc, etc...
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2017 likes
Total likes: 1497 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Hopefully a good appointment. Good captain during his time here.

Best of luck Nobby.
keithwright1977

Post by keithwright1977 »

Hope he knows he signing a contract and a gagging order at the same time. Our owners sure love those lawyers
S-H

Post by S-H »

Hammer1972 wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:01 am He's wasn't desperate! Don't you ever say that! He's talented and beautiful and in high demand!

Here is an article from 1996 that explains why I'm right....

etc, etc...
And if that isn't enough to convince you, here is a motivational speech from Adolf Hitler, on winners.
YorksHammer
Has liked: 383 likes
Total likes: 1414 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

Honestly - if there was one ex-player I'd want teaching our attacking midfielders how to time their runs into the box to get a flick on from a big central striker, or to meet a cross that's gone over that big central striker's head, it's Nolan.

Antonio used to be flipping boss at doing that as well, when Payet was here - he was always getting away from his full back and taking advantage of distracted centre backs.
S-H

Post by S-H »

I expect it will be nice, just to have a friendly face about the place.
brothernero
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 761 likes

Post by brothernero »

b0x wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:20 am i actually think we'll be easily safe this season... massive overreaction from many fans suggesting we are going down...

Last 18 PL Games. P18 W3 D3 L12

Table after 25 games. West Ham 18th (joint 19th) so in the bottom 3

Next 4 away games, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal and Tottenham.

Yep a complete over reaction. You Bloody Melt. :lol:
Vic_Watson
Has liked: 166 likes
Total likes: 258 likes

Post by Vic_Watson »

S-H wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:20 am Oh, I see the other troll is back off his imaginary yacht...
Same troll...
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2083 likes
Total likes: 1802 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

Johnny_C WHU wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:21 am Really pleased to hear Nolan is back at the club. Despite the stick he got for some of his performances I always thought he was a great captain and a positive at the club.
I actually thought he was doing well as a manager, bit raw but on the right track; I am surprised to see him pop up as a coach.

Hopefully he will be a ray of light in the changing room and give those a kick up the arris who need it!

In regards to our manager, I didn't want Moyes here and it was clearly the cheap option from those upstairs with no ambition.
I want Moyes to succeed as it means West Ham London is doing well. As a bloke, listening to him he is clearly a football man and I like what he says, especially about the young, hungry players.

Is he doing badly, yes. Could anyone do much better, not so sure if I am being honest.
Bournemouth was a false result and I said so at the time because they were injury ravaged and quite frankly shocking. Since then it has been hit and miss and I think he and the players have both been at fault.

The owners blocked his choice of back room staff, and wasn't prepared to invest in a light, injury ravaged and out of form squad until the treat of relegation became a reality.
We are stuck with a sulky, immobile Haller up front, I think Bowen is this years Arnie, someone who can carry the ball up field and link midfield and the forwards.

This year the premiership is hit and miss and anyone can beat everyone this year bar Liverpool. I think we will get a couple of shock results, do I think we will stay up? Honestly do not know.
Kevin Nolan is a winner. While he may not have been the best player, he made the most of his talents and rose as high as he possibly could in the game. Having someone with that sort of mentality around the club can only be good going forward. He will demand the players give their best at all times.

Irvine, Nolan and Nevin makes a nice mix and each one is a well-regarded coach. Sometimes it is better to take one’s time to assemble the right team, rather than try to put it together as quickly as possible.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

I think we're being pretty harsh to IB, he does seem to be playing up to the whole Moyes' number one fan bit, but he's not exactly inflammatory.

He did post last season about being wrong about Pellegrini and happy with things.
And whilst he's a tad over defensive over Moyes, I get it, I've been over defensive about Pellegrini and Moyes because of how much flak they were getting.

I digress, maybe he is a massive troll, but then again maybe he's not, maybe he just genuinely really likes Moyes and caught the West Ham bug during his first stint.
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2083 likes
Total likes: 1802 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

thejackhammer wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:37 pm I think we're being pretty harsh to IB, he does seem to be playing up to the whole Moyes' number one fan bit, but he's not exactly inflammatory.

He did post last season about being wrong about Pellegrini and happy with things.
And whilst he's a tad over defensive over Moyes, I get it, I've been over defensive about Pellegrini and Moyes because of how much flak they were getting.

I digress, maybe he is a massive troll, but then again maybe he's not, maybe he just genuinely really likes Moyes and caught the West Ham bug during his first stint.
Personally I don’t think I am someone who a person who intentionally antagonizes others online by posting inflammatory, irrelevant, or offensive comments.

Neither am I a giant made of stone who has a fondness for feasting on hobbits.

So I would argue I am not a troll!
Johnny_C WHU
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Johnny_C WHU »

thejackhammer wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:37 pm I think we're being pretty harsh to IB, he does seem to be playing up to the whole Moyes' number one fan bit, but he's not exactly inflammatory.

I agree.
I think to be fair IB has been responding to peoples comments in the main, and if you firmly believe something then you are entitled to respond in kind. Forums do need balance!
norse
Has liked: 380 likes
Total likes: 838 likes

Post by norse »

I'd say this thread is more polarized than balanced
Liam
Has liked: 92 likes
Total likes: 214 likes

Post by Liam »

As a fierce critic of Moyes, I think the appointment of Nolan has to be a good thing.

Moyes has been dreadful on his return (worse than last time). Having a good motivator and someone who showed some excellent leadership skills here as a player must be a positive. I’d argue that Nolan is a competitor (rather than a winner per se) but he’ll try and drag the team forward (all the things Moyes is meant to do but can’t any more).

I can’t see this being a long term solution but hopefully will help us stay up (and then we can get rid of Moyes in the summer).