David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 136 likes

Re: David Moyes - 18th Permanent Manager of WHUFC

Post by Ben »

I know pel oversaw the roberto signing but without that fabianski injury and roberto quite literally throwing points away we might have been ok.
Moyes is showing literally nothing, take out the one win where he admitted it was pel’s selection and tactics and he has no wins!

It’s painful watching us under Moyes
mightyhammer

Post by mightyhammer »

OFT wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:50 pm Monday's a right off, I'd just go for it whatever, lose the Southampton game though and I wonder if they'll panic and Nolan will be 'interim' manager.
I would've said this agaisnt Citeh also, but this is Moyes...
Liam
Has liked: 95 likes
Total likes: 214 likes

Post by Liam »

Ironing Board wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:01 pm Indeed. Tonight it was:

78% possession to our 22%
20 shots to our 3
891 passes to our 244
91% passing accuracy to our 69%
6 corners to our 1
And we lost 1-0.

But we were a better side last season, and only lost that home game 4-1.
We deserved to lose that Game by 5 or 6. If Jesus could finish we’d have been 3 down in 20 mins. Stats are great but you can use them to suit your narrative. Anyone who saw the way that we set up and didn’t realise that we were waiting for them to score hasn’t ever watched a professional football game.

We’ve had some great backs to the wall games over the years but even in those we’ve had an outlet and a plan. Today we were resigned to defeat from the off.

Let’s not kid ourselves Moyes forfeited this game before we even went out and he was lucky for us not to shop 5 or 6.

We deserve better.
mightyhammer

Post by mightyhammer »

Liam wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:07 am We deserved to lose that Game by 5 or 6. If Jesus could finish we’d have been 3 down in 20 mins. Stats are great but you can use them to suit your narrative. Anyone who saw the way that we set up and didn’t realise that we were waiting for them to score hasn’t ever watched a professional football game.

We’ve had some great backs to the wall games over the years but even in those we’ve had an outlet and a plan. Today we were resigned to defeat from the off.

Let’s not kid ourselves Moyes forfeited this game before we even went out and he was lucky for us not to shop 5 or 6.

We deserve better.
You're absolutely right. Even at 2-0 down we didn't change our tactics or our desire. Awful. The only thing were our away support... fantastic as always! they didn't deserve this...
Claret & Blue World
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Claret & Blue World »

"They are getting a very experienced Premier League manager,"

"I think there's only two or three managers with a better Premier League win record. That's what I do, I win.

- David Moyes (December)

:arry:
TheHandOfDog
Has liked: 542 likes
Total likes: 463 likes

Post by TheHandOfDog »

I'm with IB here, Moyes masterclass. He managed to topple Pellegrinos 4-1 defeat at home and improved it massively, that result and the incoming Liverpool one will boost the confidence of the lads and the club as a whole! COYI :scarfer:
kayahammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by kayahammer »

I think like most on here I just want us to compete, give it a go. Better to go down fighting than turn up already defeated.

I was prepared to give Moyes benefit of the doubt at first, but that was a truly depressing starting line up. The players who are comfortable on the ball all on the bench, or not even in the squad. Jarod benched? Why.

Against Liverpool we should play Felipe, and Antonio on the wings and Jarod and Haller as strikers. Better to give it a go than stick everyone behind the ball and wait for the inevitable.

And to think this **** will be in charge throughout a long and dark season in the championship. I can already hear his post match conferences. "Aye, but we're only three wins from the last play off position."
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2406 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Get out of our club
That was slur on West Ham
I don't care if we stay up or go down after that.
mickthekeeper
Has liked: 180 likes
Total likes: 232 likes

Post by mickthekeeper »

As my daughter read out the lineup in the car just outside Manchester, any slim hope I felt completely evaporated and I felt like going straight back home. Thoroughly deflated before we’d even kicked a ball - setup not to lose and still incapable of defending and bar some poor finishing, we could have been out of the game before the 15 minute mark.

5 at the back with a left back playing CB whilst one sits on the bench and another is allowed to go on loan - 10, sometimes 11 behind the ball and yet Man City still waltzed through at ease - no width and we just let their wingers roam at will up and down without getting close enough - a slow, plodding midfield that got nowhere near them all game (with exception of Rice)

Moyes will simply write off the games against Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs with displays like tonight and hope to pick up points against the likes of Southampton, Norwich and Villa and hope those around us drop points. I can’t see it to be honest

His tactics have managed to turn Antonio into a carbon copy of Haller in one game - isolated, disinterested and lacking effort in the most part- Soucek is probably glad he’ll only be here til the end of the season being made to play in a system, where, in a rare glimpse of the ‘old’ Antonio pace and power, leaving 5 Man City players in his wake (some poetic licence used here) only 2 players were within 40 yards of him while the rest stopped dead at the half way line.... no attacking intent at all!!!

I was giving Moyes the benefit of the doubt, but too many performances like that and I’m now done with him..... were going down with a whimper....

Such a sorry state of affairs
Last edited by mickthekeeper on Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2406 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

We all know that roughly 40 points keeps you in the Premier League but we also know that we are in a really tough period of games. Goal difference also comes into the thinking

Ha ha ha
He actually mentioned goal difference in his comments
There is 12 games to go. 12. 36 points left for grabs and he talks about goal difference

How about winning games you absolute ****
Claret & Blue World
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Claret & Blue World »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:00 am We all know that roughly 40 points keeps you in the Premier League but we also know that we are in a really tough period of games. Goal difference also comes into the thinking

Ha ha ha
There is 12 games to go. 12. 36 points left for grabs and he talks about goal difference

"I think there's only two or three managers with a better Premier League win record. That's what I do, I win.

- David Moyes (December)
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2019 likes
Total likes: 1494 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Fair play to Moyes for actually getting some fans on board with his "ideas". Its like he's a Jedi master!!! :thdn:
MadMart
Location: "overhead a rainbow appears..... in Black and White"
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by MadMart »

Football dinosaur - worst Manager we've had since Moyes. 1 win in 7 - another failed GSB project - he's a ****ing clown
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

not trying to get a result in a relegation battle, he would have done the same if it was a must win
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:00 am We all know that roughly 40 points keeps you in the Premier League but we also know that we are in a really tough period of games. Goal difference also comes into the thinking

Ha ha ha

Did he really say that? Near aswell admitting that line up/tactics was based on us losing but to keep the score down before a ball was even kicked. Shows our travelling supporters the same contempt GSB do.

We will drop to 19th after the Liverpool game. When he took over we were 17th, and now with 12 games to go he is basing our survival strategy on staying up on goal difference. What an utter ****.
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9654 likes

Post by S-H »

Come on guys,

I'm sure there is some outdated article from his time at Everton, which explains why goal difference is more important than...
Actual points
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 495 likes
Total likes: 1042 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

————————-—-Fabianski————
Fredericks———diop——-Ogbonna———cresswell
——————-rice————soucek
———-Anderson——fornals———Antonio
————————-Bowen—————

I think my team would have done better

Sheffield United know they aren’t as good as the rest of the league player for player but play to their strengths as a team. We play to our weaknesses under Moyes. I literally have no understanding or respect or desire to ever watch West Ham try not to lose rather than try to win.
Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

Well that was awful, bearing in mind when he joined he told everyone he was inheriting a better squad than the one he left, he's doing a great job of making us look like that Sunderland side he took down.

Disgrace.
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 495 likes
Total likes: 1042 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

We could have even have played kanoute/anelka love child with Bowen up front - oooh what larks or even...

————heller——-
Bowen————Antonio

But nope...
jacko
Has liked: 61 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by jacko »

Prehistoric. That’s what we knew we were getting. That man is a joke. But the joke is on us. Ironing boards defence is just plain embarassing. The only reason we didn’t lose by more was because they were wasteful. Not due to his tactics.