David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

rossmundo
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 72 likes

Re: David Moyes - 18th Permanent Manager of WHUFC

Post by rossmundo »

Depressed Hammer wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:57 pm Never got out of 2nd gear? Klopp wasting time with mins to go with the sub. At 1-2 they were ****ting bricks mate. Their passing wasnt great and Fabby hardly had to make a big save. 2 errors from Goalie cost us tonight. I said last week Liverpool look flat and can be got at. 2nd gear? Go listen to the scouses mate and ask them what they thought of the game tonight.
I doubt a team that's not lost all year were ****ting bricks against West ham :lol: Liverpool may have been a tad complacent tonight as they probably thought they would stick 5 past us. And we tonight in a long while showed a bit of guts and upped our work rate, let's just hope it continues Saturday
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 782 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

moyes needs to get into his thick skull that we are decent enough going forward but like a shark, as soon as we stay still we start to drown.

we all knew it and have been calling for it week in week out, only for him to waste time, energy and points playing a rigid ultra defensive system and ignoring creative players like fornals because they don't fit the mould.

we'd stand a much better chance of binning him off tomorrow and putting in any bloke who can set us up to actually attack a game, because while i would hope he'll carry on with what's been spelt out to him tonight, if he reverts back to form we're done.
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1802 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

rossmundo wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:09 am I doubt a team that's not lost all year were ****ting bricks against West ham :lol: Liverpool may have been a tad complacent tonight as they probably thought they would stick 5 past us. And we tonight in a long while showed a bit of guts and upped our work rate, let's just hope it continues Saturday
Thought we would tonk them before tonight, and am even more confident now.
TheHandOfDog
Has liked: 542 likes
Total likes: 463 likes

Post by TheHandOfDog »

Billydinho wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:48 pm So much better.

See how easily pleased we are with just a modicum of effort and intention to play.

Not a lot to ask.
Amen, it's all I ask. You can play it short, be more direct but all I want to see is some decent intent at trying to score coupled with some passion and effort.

Today was great in those aspects against arguably the best team in the world. Just wish we showed that intent more often, hopefully we will.
Claret & Blue World
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Claret & Blue World »

Depressed Hammer wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:57 pm Never got out of 2nd gear? Klopp wasting time with mins to go with the sub. At 1-2 they were ****ting bricks mate. Their passing wasnt great and Fabby hardly had to make a big save. 2 errors from Goalie cost us tonight. I said last week Liverpool look flat and can be got at. 2nd gear? Go listen to the scouses mate and ask them what they thought of the game tonight.
love the enthusiasm pal but they had 70% possession and something like 25 (!) shots

THEY had an ordinary game and every single article you read on the game supports that.

We did well, we did very well but Christ, lets not water down the fact they were poor in front of goal tonight
kayahammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by kayahammer »

Fornals stuck it to him. Bet Moyes is sick he's hardly played him now.

Must pick a proper attacking team against Soton
Paolo's Piranhas

Post by Paolo's Piranhas »

Just watched his full post match interview. Moyes' reply to being asked about Soucek’s injury (or as close as I could get it)..

“He’d picked up the injury just before half time, and it meant that he was struggling at half time. We sort of knew at half time that he was.. and I thought he’d been fabulous in the first half, as well. So he was a big loss to us, especially in the second half when we were just beginning to .. we didn’t have an awful lot .. in any way we could tighten up, really. So it was a loss, but I’m hoping he’s gonna be okay. But it looks line an Abductor or a groin injury, that's what it looks like. From over-stretching, I think, in the first half.”

So was it hopefully a precaution to take him off? As you said, he was fantastic in the first half.

“No, I .. He was fan.. I’d love to say it was a precaution, but it certainly wasn’t. Y’know, it was a genuine .. we thought he was .. and he done well even to get back out the second half. We thought with a bit of luck maybe he could get through it, but .. no, he couldn’t.”

And Moyes a few minutes earlier when asked about our upcoming fixtures..

“I’ve just said, tonight wasn’t a big game. Neither was Man City. The big games start now. So the players have been told that in the dressing room, our big games now begin. These ones were only warm-ups for the games we have to do something in.”

Man’s a f***ing brainiac..
Last edited by Paolo's Piranhas on Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paolo's Piranhas

Post by Paolo's Piranhas »

Double post.
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1516 likes
Total likes: 3182 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

That’s what he should have done before. He deserves credit tonight, but not one person who defended the City performance can gloat now cos you’ve just been proven wrong.

If he carries this on, he keeps us up. Enthused by today, but wary that carrying a threat on the counter is very different to performing against other teams.

They can look back on this one when it’s Wolves, Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal, but it needs tweaking again for the Southamptons and Villas in the fixture list.
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 948 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

Understandable why he played who he did against city. If we had tried to play like this against city they would have cut as apart and been a cricket score

We lost 2 games we were expected to and only got 3 goal difference worse off

If wasn't for keeper error we would have got an unexpected point against the run away league winners
HammerPDC
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by HammerPDC »

0 pressure to perform last night but come the Southampton game the expectation will be far greater so I’d imagine we will fold and lose a 4 - 3 Or something along those lines

We concede just enough goals to mess up each game it’s Avram - esque, it’s gotten to the point where I would literally put everything I own on us going down and if that’s what it takes to get GSB and Moyes out of the club I’ll happily get relegated
Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

Fair play to the manager, thought he got that right last night regardless of the result.
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9654 likes

Post by S-H »

Ozza wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:48 am Fair play to the manager, thought he got that right last night regardless of the result.
Apart from the whole Soucek incident. He got that wrong.
mumbles87

Post by mumbles87 »

HammerPDC wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:34 am 0 pressure to perform last night but come the Southampton game the expectation will be far greater so I’d imagine we will fold and lose a 4 - 3 Or something along those lines

We concede just enough goals to mess up each game it’s Avram - esque, it’s gotten to the point where I would literally put everything I own on us going down and if that’s what it takes to get GSB and Moyes out of the club I’ll happily get relegated
Where does this myth that relegation gets rid of them come from? They won't sell in championship because they won't get the offer they want

We need premier League football to get rid of them
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2019 likes
Total likes: 1494 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

mumbles87 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:23 am Understandable why he played who he did against city.
I completely disagree.

You should be preparing players to win football matches (like last night). Positive mindset gives people confidence (like last night).

Fair play to him for changing tactics just 5 days after the surrender of the Etihad. I wonder if that was his own doing, or players have had a word?
Ozza

Post by Ozza »

mumbles87 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:55 am Where does this myth that relegation gets rid of them come from? They won't sell in championship because they won't get the offer they want

We need premier League football to get rid of them
That’s your opinion personally I hold a different view
Ozza

Post by Ozza »

S-H wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:55 am Apart from the whole Soucek incident. He got that wrong.
Why what happened I was tucked up in bed as soon as the final whistle went?
mumbles87

Post by mumbles87 »

westham,eggyandchips wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:12 am I completely disagree.

You should be preparing players to win football matches (like last night). Positive mindset gives people confidence (like last night).

Fair play to him for changing tactics just 5 days after the surrender of the Etihad. I wonder if that was his own doing, or players have had a word?
Playing like that against city with their passers of the ball they would have picked us apart 100%
Dinosaur Moyes

Post by Dinosaur Moyes »

Full disclosure, I'm a lifelong Sunderland Supporter.

Moyes is universally hated by our supporters and is often referred to as Doctor Death, Mood Hoover, Energy Vampire amongst many other less printable terms.

He seems to move from one highly paid failure to another without any modicum of success

I hate to see another proud club like West Ham, which I steeped in football tradition, á the latest victims of this four defeatist and hope your owner's do not leave it to late to sack him.

After Pellegrini averaged a point per game he was sacked by Sullivan and Gold when they publically stated that remaining in the Premier League is an absolute necessity.

I suggest you need fourteen points from your remaining 11 games to have a shot at survival and presently Dr Death has achieved five points from eight games.

By his own admission he only had them for one and a half days prior to the Bournemouth game and it was largely Pellegrini's selection and tactics that resulted in that solitary victory since he took over.

The Board are not slow to act in preserving their financial status and failure to win against Southampton (H) Arsenal (A) and Wolves (H) could we'll see them pull the trigger.
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9654 likes

Post by S-H »

Ozza wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:24 am Why what happened I was tucked up in bed as soon as the final whistle went?
Admitted he was injured at halftime, but sent him out for the second half anyway, and now he could be out for quite a while.