David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Re: David Moyes - 18th Permanent Manager of WHUFC

Post by Pop Robson »

Cum on Feel the Noize
We are Moyseys Boyz

Pellers would have win that game today, Moyes does like a pressing game though and I can't see Haller & Anderson keeping it up
denzel

Post by denzel »

il_martello_di_genovesi wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:01 pm I think that part is fair if you’re aiming it only at them, we did have one person wanting to boo Moyes at every opportunity, but it wasn’t the majority. Even the people who didn’t want Moyes were more anti board than anti Moyes. Let’s just enjoy a much improved performance and our biggest win in ages...
Hear hear :thup:

The most common stance seemed to be along the lines of “I didn’t want him here but now he is I’ll get behind him”.

He got his tactics spot on today. So many little tweaks and improvements that went towards to getting that emphatic result today.

Well done, Moysey. :crest:
Smonnie
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Smonnie »

il_martello_di_genovesi wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:01 pm I think that part is fair if you’re aiming it only at them, we did have one person wanting to boo Moyes at every opportunity, but it wasn’t the majority. Even the people who didn’t want Moyes were more anti board than anti Moyes. Let’s just enjoy a much improved performance and our biggest win in ages...
There was a whole thread advocating booing his appointment. Regardless of the intent, that's not what supporters do.

I hope the other poster is right in saying that the majority didn't agree with the appointment, but would support it nonetheless.

I do still take issue though - I don't understand what's wrong with the appointment.
Smonnie
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Smonnie »

There was a whole thread advocating booing his appointment. Regardless of the intent, that's not what supporters do.

I hope the other poster is right in saying that the majority didn't agree with the appointment, but would support it nonetheless.

I do still take issue though - I don't understand what's wrong with the appointment.
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

Speaking personally - my objection to his appointment came from the lack of choice taken. It was a carve up. Who knows when they decided to bring him in and get rid of Pellegrini? There’s a whole world of managers out there - David moyes was but one. He had the job before anyone else was considered. We had been there and tried it. We know what he is all about.
Mikloskosglovebag
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Mikloskosglovebag »

Moyes really knows how to fill the gaps in the pitch in. Going to enjoy the highlights of that for a while.
OohAahButler
Has liked: 561 likes
Total likes: 288 likes

Post by OohAahButler »

Pop Robson wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:15 pm Moyes does like a pressing game though and I can't see Haller & Anderson keeping it up
If it results in then both getting on the scoresheet and finishing on the winning side, as it did today, then maybe the penny might drop.
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 129 likes
Total likes: 329 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

Georgee Paris wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:28 pm Speaking personally - my objection to his appointment came from the lack of choice taken. It was a carve up. Who knows when they decided to bring him in and get rid of Pellegrini? There’s a whole world of managers out there - David moyes was but one. He had the job before anyone else was considered. We had been there and tried it. We know what he is all about.
I expect others were considered. Some would have been untried and in a relegation scrap, not worth the risk of a punt. Others like Wilder or Howe probably would not have wanted to leave mid-season and unlike Moyes do not have the advantage of knowing a lot of the squad. Importantly, those who worked for him before must have endorsed the appointment. It's inconceivable that they weren't consulted. 18 months option given the mess Pelle left behind seems the sensible pragmatic best option. 4 games under Moyes undefeated now and for all Bournemouths limitations, I didn't see anything negative about our approach today. The intensity he brought last time was back again.
floydie_hammer
Has liked: 80 likes
Total likes: 106 likes

Post by floydie_hammer »

I don't know how much of today was about moyes and how much was just the players finally putting a shift in after not working for pellers. This is a good start (although bournemouth were very poor) but lets give it 5 or 10 games and see where we are.

Lots of people on bbc etc thought mourinho was brilliant at tottenham after his win against us and already the wheels seem to be falling off for them, lets hope we dont have the same problem. Sheffield utd will be a much better test of where we are going under moyes
Georgee Paris

Post by Georgee Paris »

Moyes was announced 24hrs after Pellegrini was sacked.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1788 likes
Total likes: 2072 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Do the players get a free pass for apparently downing tools in order to get Pellegrini the sack? If they disagreed with his methods why didn't the senior players get together and play like they did today?
OFT
Has liked: 2995 likes
Total likes: 1758 likes

Post by OFT »

brothernero wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:55 pm

People might not have wanted DM, People might not be happy with his appointment and if you don't get right then that's your problem. But not one single fan on here or anywhere else has said they wont Back Him.

Every fan wants him to do well and to those that did not want him 2nd time around they ALL want to be gladly proved wrong.
To be fair I asked the question back in this thread (I think) following his appointment, 'nobody on here actually wants Moyes to fail do they?' and certainly one and possibly two, said they did :shock:
This thread has cracked on at a pace since then and I'm not going back to look for it by the way.

Isolated cases I admit.
Other than that you're right, :thup:
Mikloskosglovebag

Georgee Paris wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:44 pm Moyes was announced 24hrs after Pellegrini was sacked.
Worked wonders getting him in so fast for the Bournemouth game.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Georgee Paris wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:44 pm Moyes was announced 24hrs after Pellegrini was sacked.

I wonder whether anybody else remembers Pellegrini's quote shortly after he was appointed, "I won't fail". I remember it, because I have a memory for things, like this. Well, he did fail and abysmally. Probably the reason I remember it, I because he had me convinced by that comment, that he wouldn't
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:49 pm Do the players get a free pass for apparently downing tools in order to get Pellegrini the sack? If they disagreed with his methods why didn't the senior players get together and play like they did today?
:thup:
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

brothernero :thup:
Georgee Paris

Post by Georgee Paris »

Strange question - if it meant the end of gold and Sullivan if Moyes failed then sure - I’m in.
Georgee Paris

Post by Georgee Paris »

Mikloskosglovebag wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:52 pm Worked wonders getting him in so fast for the Bournemouth game.
I’m sure an acting manager or even Sullivan jr would have managed a win today.
Mikloskosglovebag

Georgee Paris wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:54 pm I’m sure an acting manager or even Sullivan jr would have managed a win today.
Ok
Georgee Paris

Post by Georgee Paris »

Do you honestly think today’s result was down to a managerial masterclass and not some unseen shackles being removed?
It has been blatantly obvious the players haven’t been playing 100% for ages and today just highlights it even more. But yeah if you want to make out it’s all about David Moyes - so be it.