David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Ozza
Has liked: 945 likes
Total likes: 2366 likes

Re: David Moyes - 18th Permanent Manager of WHUFC

Post by Ozza »

IB will happily tell you Everton were in for him
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2357 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

:
Adrianisournumber1 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:46 pm Southampton have the 3rd best form in the league have picked up 13points from the last 6 games and only bettered by Man City and Liverpool.

And yet we decided to sack the manager who managed to beat them away only a month ago

Two weeks after beating a top 4 team away from home

Both achieved with a third tier goalkeeper and without sticking 10 men behind the ball

Moyes hasn't achieved the second feat in about 30 matches!
Last edited by Crouchend_Hammer on Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Turns to Stone wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:20 pm Just out of interest, does anyone one here (aside from ironing board) think that any other Premier League team would have given Moyes a job?
Since his first spell in charge, how many jobs in the Championship, let alone the Premier League, became available, yet he remained unemployed, until the circus that is West Ham rolled back into town..
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 767 likes

Post by Billydinho »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:30 pm :tune:

And yet we decided to sack the manager who managed to beat them away only a month ago

More a case of sacking our manager and replacing him with someone worse, simply because he's cheap.
Ozza

Post by Ozza »

Just out of interest where’s that fella gone who slagged off everyone who voted that they didn’t want Moyes

Post after post
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

Nine losses in 12 matches and his willful destruction of the squad being conveniently swept under the carpet by Pellegrini loyalists!
Last edited by Ironing Board on Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brothernero
Has liked: 702 likes
Total likes: 717 likes

Post by brothernero »

Turns to Stone wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:20 pm Just out of interest, does anyone one here (aside from ironing board) think that any other Premier League team would have given Moyes a job?
Plenty.

Oh sorry, I assume you was not meaning as a manager or coach. :wink:
S-H

Post by S-H »

Ozza wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:33 pm Just out of interest where’s that fella gone who slagged off everyone who voted that they didn’t want Moyes

Post after post
Mikloskosballbag?

Gone for good hopefully.
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:30 pm :

Both achieved with a third tier goalkeeper and without sticking 10 men behind the ball

Yes, Manuel was doing a fantastic job, while his handpicked Director of Football assembled a side that is the pride of London.
Ozza

Post by Ozza »

S-H wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:35 pm Mikloskosballbag?

Gone for good hopefully.
Thought it was another bloke
Ozza

Post by Ozza »

Ironing Board wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:34 pm Nine losses in 12 matches and his willful destruction of the squad being conveniently swept under the carpet by Pellegrini loyalists!
So you’re labelling people questioning Moyes as Pellegrini loyalists?
S-H

Post by S-H »

Oh.. my mate, Smonnie the troll, how could I forget.
Ozza

Post by Ozza »

S-H wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:39 pm Oh.. my mate, Smonnie the troll, how could I forget.
That’s the one
S-H

Post by S-H »

Ironing Board wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:37 pm Yes, Manuel was doing a fantastic job, while his handpicked Director of Football assembled a side that is the pride of London.
Yet here you are, on a daily basis for the last 18 months, defending an infinitely worse manager...
brothernero

Post by brothernero »

I asked this yesterday and I want to ask it again, now many have calmed down after yesterdays latest 4-1 drubbing.

If Moyes keeps us up, is he the right man to push us forward. Or do we keep him and just aim for 17th+ each year.

If We do get relegated will he be the right man for a promotion push, if we do then fail first time around, do we still stick with him.

Or and this is a scary thought, if he does keep us up and we once again part ways and look elsewhere, do we then go back for him a 3rd time when the owners have once again balled it right up.

Only at West Ham United. Next Level my Arse.
BondsoBob
Has liked: 573 likes
Total likes: 519 likes

Post by BondsoBob »

That's the spirit IB. You stick up for what you believe! :thup:
Of course you're absolutely wrong. But never mind.
brothernero

Post by brothernero »

S-H wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:41 pm Yet here you are, on a daily basis for the last 18 months, defending an infinitely worse manager...
I had to in the end Foe him. I did not want to, but 18 months of Moyes this and Moyes that was just wearing thin.

It started of clearly as a joke, but has now become a quite scary and weird Obsession he has over him.
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

Ozza wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:39 pm So you’re labelling people questioning Moyes as Pellegrini loyalists?
How can you question Moyes after five games when he has walked into an utter disaster area? We lost to the third best side currently in the league while trying two separate systems which reaped virtually the same score line in each half!

The fact is, we have very difficult fixtures coming up and the board seem to be doing nothing to aid the manager in shoring up what is possibly the worst midfield in the league.

Fair enough, he did not play Fornals last night, which was a mistake, but he also needs time to find his best 11. I would prefer he gives up the 3-5-2 and goes for his trusted 4-1-4-1 as I think that would give us the best chance of performing well. But we are in dire need of striker on loan and a couple of midfielders.

Managers are going to make mistakes, but if he learns from it then that will be a sign of progress.
Ozza

Post by Ozza »

Ironing Board wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:45 pm How can you question Moyes after five games when he has walked into an utter disaster area? We lost to the third best side currently in the league while trying two separate systems which reaped virtually the same score line in each half!

The fact is, we have very difficult fixtures coming up and the board seem to be doing nothing to aid the manager in shoring up what is possibly the worst midfield in the league.

Fair enough, he did not play Fornals last night, which was a mistake, but he also needs time to find his best 11. I would prefer he gives up the 3-5-2 and goes for his trusted 4-1-4-1 as I think that would give us the best chance of performing well. But we are in dire need of striker on loan and a couple of midfielders.

Managers are going to make mistakes, but if he learns from it then that will be a sign of progress.
That’s not what I asked is it?
coyi27

Post by coyi27 »

I’ll always wonder what could have been if we got Bielsa in 2015. That year with Slav was incredible but with Bielsa we’d have an attacking football identity. He’s taken a below average Leeds side and made them into favourites for the league without any money spent. If anyone watched their game against Arsenal they had 15 shots and played them of the park with quick passes and movement. Shows you what can be done when you get the right manager.