David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

SiO
Has liked: 560 likes
Total likes: 307 likes

Re: David Moyes - 18th Permanent Manager of WHUFC

Post by SiO »

Agree with Ding... Brilliant post. Erudite and beautifully put.
Liam
Has liked: 94 likes
Total likes: 214 likes

Post by Liam »

denzel wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:13 am Who hates him?
Me, makes my piss boil
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 777 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

Burnley Hammer wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:37 pm If the vast majority are underwhelmed then how is it that the 'moyes can do no wrong' agenda has taken over?
i don't think an agenda has taken over, but i do think the vast majority have exhausted their anger and are spiralling into apathy, you only have to look at the whole rows of seats available on ticket trader for bournemouth to see that.

the 18% for the most part the only ones with enough enthusiasm to bother continuing to post, the rest are largely split between wait and see and entirely checked out.
ToiletDuck
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 63 likes

Post by ToiletDuck »

As a person I have warmed to him much more this time and that's all down to the press conference.
Calling it "home" and the "zero tollerance" in particular.
One thing that Noble said about Pellers was that 'he never shouts at us like under BFS' (paraphrased) that statement was the beginning of the end for Pellers for me. That tactic might work for the glitterati of citeh and real Madrid. But not for what we have here.

We might not all want Moyes, we might not approve of his football, but let's get behind him and the team! One West Ham!
vaz te's bonnet
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by vaz te's bonnet »

What I will be interested in seeing is what he is able to do with Diop and Rice. They are probably our two biggest assets and if he is able to get them firing (in Diops case) or playing at a higher level (Rice's case) I think it will really benefit us. One thing I remember from his 1st time was his 1 to 1 coaching of Obiang and unless my memory fails me Obiang played his best football under Moyes. it will be interesting if he can get a similar tune from Rice.
paulhs1
Has liked: 1740 likes
Total likes: 1490 likes

Post by paulhs1 »

Moyes is winning me over. He is saying all the right things thus far

I'm not sure theres any other manager in the league right now who is more hungry for success and who has more to prove.

And unlike most managers I don't think it's about the cash.

But for Moyes to work he needs time and he also needs backing. I'm pretty sure the owners will give him time I'm not sure about the backing though, time will tell.
denzel

Post by denzel »

Liam wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:59 pm Me, makes my piss boil
So that’s one poster out of how many?
Claret & Blue World
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Claret & Blue World »

Ding wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:35 am Plenty on here derided Moyes before a ball was kicked last time he was here to clean up the Bilic mess. He ended up doing a decent job and when he wasn’t extended most cheered and promptly forgot to even acknowledge the decent job he did. That professional job he did was rationalised away with half truths and convenient flippancy.

I had never thought that West Ham fans were ungracious and unfair before. For 40 years I’ve always loved that we had the sense to appreciate the trier, however unfashionable. What is West Ham but the spiritual home for the trier and the underdog? Yet too many forgot to thank (or even acknowledge) the trier for doing a decent job.

Why?

Because he failed at Man U, Real S and Sunderland? Well, I won’t waste time arguing that there were extenuating circumstances. Folks who know this already acknowledge them and those who don’t won’t ever go past using these as a stick to beat a man they don’t like regardless.

Perhaps it is because he played a pragmatic, more direct brand of football that is supposed to be turgid. Weird one then - cos in my memory his team often played decent football - not tippy tappy - but certainly not anti-football either. He, like many managers managing middling clubs like ours, have to be pragmatic. I don’t see much wrong with that - especially as I also remember shapeless, directionless, clueless, horrible football under Bilic and (more recently, Pellers), both of whom are supposedly to be advocates of sexy football and don’t get half the stick.

I hear often that it’s the fault of the board that Bilic and Pellers failed at West Ham. Fact is no one really knows. The truth is probably a mixture of stuff. The only thing for sure is that they failed.

Yet here we are - fans of the spiritual home of the trier and the underdog - pissing all over a trier who has saved us from relegation 18 months ago - before a ball is kicked once again.

The Daves have changed West Ham. That I do agree. Far more than you think.
Lengthy post this Ding. Do you have a theory on why all the club in the two top tiers in England or any club on the continent or even Asia who had a managerial vacancy didn't seek to appoint him ?

Do you have a theory as to why the general football punter would hate him managing their club ?

Because if like to here them.....
IronZ-79
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 501 likes

Post by IronZ-79 »

Not happy with the appointment but he has my backing 100%....I've never wanted a manager to fail for us.

He did have us set up better last time. Will be interesting to see how he goes about it this time and the first thing we need is some solidity. We have been abject defensively as a Team. We do have some talented players and he needs to find a way of getting the maximum out of them.

It was him that transformed Arnie when he arrived. Hoping he can have a positive impact on some of the underperformers we have and give us all a lift.
SiO
Has liked: 560 likes
Total likes: 307 likes

Post by SiO »

It's an odd one for sure... I had thought I'd be gutted now Pell has gone, especially to be replaced by Moyes. Yet. I'm relieved if I'm honest. Can't tell you why exactly but feeling averagely positive. It could be a sign of how low we've fallen or that I hope for some effort at last. Either way, following this club is a disease that I'm still apparently afflicted with
duncanio
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 23 likes

Post by duncanio »

DaveWHU1964 wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:36 am Where is the man's dignity that he would come back here to work for these employers?
He answers that in his presser.
Longaz
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by Longaz »

SiO wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:56 pm Agree with Ding... Brilliant post. Erudite and beautifully put.
Have to agree, Good post Ding
brooking_1980
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 61 likes

Post by brooking_1980 »

Four our Great club, with our rich tapestry of history, having to go back to Second Best and re-hire him, sends shivers down my spine.
Everard
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Everard »

Depressing to see Claret and Spew getting fully behind this appointment. If ever further proof was needed that they are a GSB mouthpiece, then this is it. The poll on their website was clearly rigged.

Nevertheless, the die has been cast and we've been given no option but to get behind Moyes.

Tomorrow's game is one of the most winnable of the season. Anything less, then the alarm bells will surely be sounding.

Good luck, David.
duncanio
Has liked: 52 likes
Total likes: 23 likes

Post by duncanio »

SiO wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:56 pm Agree with Ding... Brilliant post. Erudite and beautifully put.
Yes an excellent post Ding.
Mikloskosglovebag
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Mikloskosglovebag »

Brilliant post Ding. Not got anything to say after that. Look forward to seeing his first game.
DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 1296 likes
Total likes: 684 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 »

duncanio wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:14 pm He answers that in his presser.
Was that before or after he said “it feels great to be home”?
steps
Has liked: 108 likes
Total likes: 256 likes

Post by steps »

Moyes as a person I have nothing against, apart from the “slap” comment he made to that female reporter, which I find crass and unprofessional.

But why I’m against Moyes’s second stint here, I’ll list a few reasons.

• It’s an appointment that shows our owners have zero ambition for the club. But we already knew that didn’t we. What they spent when Pellers was here is the norm, some make it out to be a huge warchest. But in reality it’s what clubs like Villa, Fulham, Everton and Wolves have spent. Considering we’re in the top 20 for revenue league in world football, we should be aiming much much higher than David Moyes.

• His style of football is dreadful.

• Not one club in world football has chose to give him a job since sinking Sunderland, apart from us. Not only once, but twice. After he was deemed not good enough the first time around. It’s sheer embarrassment and desperation on both our behalf, and desperation on his.

• I think he’s shocking in the market. His buys at Sunderland after a record spend there failed to keep them up and apart from maybe one or two, the majority are unheard of now and have faded into the abyss. He scouted players here but dwindled too much, and the only player he did buy was a waste of £10 million. And now his supposed no 1 target for January Joe Allen fills me with as much excitement as standing on a upturned plug.

• If results don’t go his way and fast. The Bowl will be as toxic as Chernobyl within a few games. I’m already looking at the fixtures and trying to double book myself with ‘other’ things to do. Going over there at the moment is as depressing as it gets. But Burnley last year was an ultimate low point. I don’t blame Moyes for this at all, he didn’t employ himself, but the sh*t could hit the fan and I’m debating whether to just distance myself from the whole sh*t show.
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 777 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

consider burnley a bit of a high point for the bowl personally.
Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

mushy wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:49 am Not one manager under the current regime has taken the FA Cup seriously. The answer of course lies with the owners and this was confirmed recently on Talksport by Allardyce who said that the owners always emphasised to him that there was absolutely no reward for doing well in any cup competition.
The Prem is the only result they are interested in.
Be interested to see what happens Sunday because it just might be that Moyes is forced to buck the trend to head off clear fan unrest.
It wont last though.
I've said it for ages, that the West Ham managers bonus is all about league position which is all about cash. Their not interested in the cup at the expense of league position.

David Golds posturing about our history and the FA cup, what a ****ing joke.