David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Brown Sauce
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Re: David Moyes - 18th Permanent Manager of WHUFC

Post by Brown Sauce »

WINNING IS WHAT I DO

lol
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 495 likes
Total likes: 1041 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

thejackhammer wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:11 am :lol:

His face doesn't fit.

If this was a new manager with a fancy foreign name, or even someone like Parker, Bowyer or the Cowley's they'd be given time and sympathy.
It didn’t fit before and doesn’t fit now.
peter49uk
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by peter49uk »

Reading a lot about players ages and there shot as an excuse, can someone just remind me the ages of Jamie Vardy and Jonny Evans please
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 2016 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

thejackhammer wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:05 am Who was he meant to play in the middle Proph? We have nothing.
We have an England international.

We have somebody who forced his way into the Spanish U21 and played there during a summer tournament.

Sure, we might have had to rely on Noble or Snodgrass.

But Fornals on the bench, when Leicester were playing young, but skillful players in similar positions, allowed them to just play around us as if our midfield wasn't there.

Even Lanzini back there would have been an improvement on the position he was in last evening.
MadMart
Location: "overhead a rainbow appears..... in Black and White"
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by MadMart »

Wrong system and starting 11 against Leicester - clear as day for everyone to see. What are these morons paid for
S-H
Has liked: 5736 likes
Total likes: 9650 likes

Post by S-H »

thejackhammer wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:11 am His face doesn't fit.
Oh I dunno.. I think it fits perfectly..

Georgee Paris

Post by Georgee Paris »

I’d take Parker, Bowyer or the Cowleys today given the option. That and the board catching a seriously deadly dose of gonorrhoea.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 2016 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

Adrianisournumber1 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:13 am It’s always the manager never the donkeys we got on the pitch
It isn't really, but

(a) this is the thread for the manager, and
(b) he set the players up the way he did, last night.

I think quite a few of the players are just going through the motions at the moment, personally, but, if we lose it with them, we may as well just accept our fate.
sxreject1
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by sxreject1 »

Why fornels isnt playing after impressing for a few games prior to being dropped is ****ing astounding. Snodgrass is a ****ing nightmare.

We are reliant on Antonio staying fit to stay up. For 15 mins last night we looked like we could get something and he brings energy up front and an outlet. Why the f*** do we not cross the ball quicker into the box if its because there is no movement then moyes has to bollock haller.

As for Lanzini what a waste of space he was **** last night and deserved to be hooked but we have f*** all on the bench.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 486 likes
Total likes: 1491 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Moyes was brought in as a yes man and was glad to get a job anywhere.

They will sack him at the end of the season after we go down to make it look like they are doing something positive.

Then they will employ another 2 bob man to get them up to the magic date when they sell up and walk away with their millions.

This was their plan from day 1.
Georgee Paris

Post by Georgee Paris »

What’s happened to ironing board and his team of Moyes? They’ve suddenly gone quiet having responded to every other post when he was linked to rejoin and when he came back in - literally couldn’t post quick enough. Is that this a blip? Has he reverted to Sunderland manager level? Was it all a con? Has moyes duped the West Ham board? What’s going on - we have looked terrible bar a couple of goals against Bournemouth.

Sack the board sack the manager - let’s just write the whole thing off and start again.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2578 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

You can understand him not risking Antonio from the start. I'd have risked it but it's easy for me to say that, I'm not manager.

And without Antonio available, I think it was pretty clear that our only hope was grinding out a draw with a good defensive performance. Without Antonio, Anderson, and Fredericks, our team looks awful and extremely slow. Certainly it isn't a team capable of competing in the Premier League week in, week out. I really don't think it matters who we had as manager last night, or what system we tried to play - our squad is that inferior that we'd have been beaten no matter what.

The only error he made yesterday was not showing a bit more faith in Fornals.

We need Anderson, Antonio, and Fredericks back ASAP for an injection of pace and energy.

We also need at least 2 quality new players coming in this window.

I truly believe we have a chance after that.

I don't think we'll get much luck against Liverpool and after those matches, we're going to look like we're in such a bad position that many on here will have already accepted relegation.

But... I do think that at some point in the near future, after those Liverpool and Man City games, we'll go on something of a decent run and scrape our way out of relegation before the season ends.
traxop

Post by traxop »

szola wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:27 am
How can we defend with 8 players around our box, and still give Leicester goalscoring chances, time and time again.
Allardyce was much better at parking the bus. Maybe Moyes should have looked at a few games from back then, instead of Red Bull games....
What I didn't get, and can't quite believe was that even with a flat 5 at the back we still managed to concede numerous crosses and cutbacks. It wasn't very difficult for them to get into those crossing positions at all.
Last edited by traxop on Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
BondsoBob
Has liked: 583 likes
Total likes: 530 likes

Post by BondsoBob »

Brown Sauce wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:33 am WINNING IS WHAT I DO

lol
Whatever you think of Moyes you surely have to laugh at that. :D
Hammer.CA
Has liked: 2890 likes
Total likes: 616 likes

Post by Hammer.CA »

If Moyes had any self respect or integrity he would have told GSB to stick the job second time around but he wasn't getting a gig anywhere else so, knowing he'd got Sulli over a barrel, he should have had the balls to say I'll come back and be the ringmaster but I want it said that I'm getting some money to address the team deficiencies which should be blindingly obvious to anyone who says they know about football.
Watching that tripe last night was absolutely a mirror image of the team when he was in charge at Swansea, same dire setup, same scoreline.
Moyes turned us down for Everton when his star was in the ascendancy at Preston, since he left Goodison Park he's done nothing of any note.
He was the wrong choice for us last time and he's the wrong choice now, he's a dinosaur.
Brown Sauce

Post by Brown Sauce »

Neither Moyes or Ironing Board will last very long.
Moyes should have said “drawing games is what I do”...... or at least what he aims to do.

Got it completely wrong last night, and got taught a lesson in these modern approaches that he was taking about.
Supreme
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 129 likes

Post by Supreme »

Fits the owners / stadium and club like a glove. Not fit for purpose.

There is a reason he has been out of work since leaving us 18 months ago.
Hammer.CA

Post by Hammer.CA »

Supreme wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:32 am Fits the owners / stadium and club like a glove. Not fit for purpose.

There is a reason he has been out of work since leaving us 18 months ago.
:thup:
Hammer.CA

Post by Hammer.CA »

Brown Sauce wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:30 am Neither Moyes or Ironing Board will last very long.
Moyes should have said “drawing games is what I do”...... or at least what he aims to do.

Got it completely wrong last night, and got taught a lesson in these modern approaches that he was taking about.
Promise me the first part is going to happen, please.
Brown Sauce

Post by Brown Sauce »

We’re only heading in one direction, unless something drastic happens in the next 7 days (it won’t).

There will be a relegation clause in the contract so no doubt they’ll get rid........ probably straight on the phone to BFS.