David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

stu1
Has liked: 669 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Re: David Moyes - 18th Permanent Manager of WHUFC

Post by stu1 »

fjthegrey wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:12 pm He's had two years to write the responses in that press conference.

It was hardly likely to be **** was it.
Give it a rest.

He came across well in the interview, why has it rattled your cage so much that posters dare point that out.

Direct your anger at the board not Moyes and other posters.

:thdn:
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1802 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

Puff Daddy wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:15 pm Sorry to be so gloomy, but we won't get it this year. Not only is our squad depth so poor, the club's number one priority is remaining in the Premier League and I think that is where we will concentrate all our energies. As somebody else has posted, we have some crucial matches around the time of the 4th round and the temptation for a break around late Feb may prove irresistible too. Not only is there all this, Gillingham are **** hot on their own patch, won 7 of their last 8 home matches, drew the other and they have a pretty good manager in Steve Evans. Check it out for yourself.
I think he will put out a near full strength team in the cup this year. He will want to get the fans on the team's side. And given how one of the big teams (most likely Everton) is already out it could be an opportunity.
ballantine
Has liked: 1318 likes
Total likes: 235 likes

Post by ballantine »

Well, I bet Arsenal are looking over their shoulder now!

That's me done for a while. What's the point? We have no home, no pride, no style, no ambition and no identity. Maybe we get a new manager boost for a bit. Maybe we stay up. For what, though?
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1168 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

Where's the anger in my post and where have I indicated that my cage has been rattled?

I've merely stated an opinion.

He's a relatively intelligent man who's just got a job he's been waiting for for over 18 months. I wouldn't have expected him to come across any differently to how he did and don't really know why it warrants some people saying they are suddenly feeling much more positive about the appointment after seeing it.

He said all the right things the last time he was here as well.

Seriously Stu, maybe you need to take a step back and be a little less accusatory in the future. You have an unnecessarily hostile approach to posting on here at times and that doesn't lend itself to the creation of quality discussions.
Believer
Has liked: 1432 likes
Total likes: 766 likes

Post by Believer »

Puff Daddy wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:15 pm Sorry to be so gloomy, but we won't get it this year.
I'm going to put you on my foes list now - you've spoiled my dream ! :lol:
stu1

Post by stu1 »

fjthegrey wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:31 pm Where's the anger in my post and where have I indicated that my cage has been rattled?

I've merely stated an opinion.

Seriously Stu, maybe you need to take a step back and be a little less accusatory in the future. You have an unnecessarily hostile approach to posting on here at times and that doesn't lend itself to the creation of quality discussions.
If I misinterpreted the tone of your post fair enough. However it came across as rather sarcastic and dismissive of those who had commented positively about Moyes interview.

I would argue posts like that also do very little to contribute to creative discussion as you mention, quite the opposite in fact.

There’s so much anger on here because of the board, to the point where anything that is remotely positive about Moyes leads to claims of being a board sympathise or dismissive sarcastic responses.
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1802 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

If he goes 4-1-4-1, what do you think would be the best line-up?
jastons
Has liked: 902 likes
Total likes: 859 likes

Post by jastons »

He should be lined up against a wall and shot. I don't want to see one up front.
denzel

Post by denzel »

Ironing Board wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:50 pm If he goes 4-1-4-1, what do you think would be the best line-up?
Doesn’t matter what the line up what be. We’d struggle.
Vic_Watson
Has liked: 166 likes
Total likes: 258 likes

Post by Vic_Watson »

fjthegrey wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:12 pm He's had two years to write the responses in that press conference.

It was hardly likely to be **** was it.
A very political kind of press conference. Lots of promises, no substance.
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1168 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

stu1 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:48 pm If I misinterpreted the tone of your post fair enough. However it came across as rather sarcastic and dismissive of those who had commented positively about Moyes interview.
I'd concede the point if you can show me a single Premier league managers opening press conference that you didn't think came across as positive and reason for optimism.

It's all meaningless guff really, like virtually every press conference. Soundbite nothingness. Its empty until its backed up with performance.

I just struggle to see how it's reason for additional optimism is all.
stu1

Post by stu1 »

fjthegrey wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:18 pm I'd concede the point if you can show me a single Premier league managers opening press conference that you didn't think came across as positive and reason for optimism.

It's all meaningless guff really, like virtually every press conference. Soundbite nothingness. Its empty until its backed up with performance.

I just struggle to see how it's reason for additional optimism is all.
I’m pretty sure Allardyce managed to fit in a few snide comments in his first interview as our manager.

I’d also argue most first interviews are easier for managers than this would have been for Moyes bearing in mind the situation and the history.

In any case, if you don’t think there was anything positive to take from his interview then that’s fair enough. Clearly some others posters feel differently and have said as such. He certainly appeared more passionate than Pelligrini ever has.
thejackhammer
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by thejackhammer »

Ironing Board wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:50 pm If he goes 4-1-4-1, what do you think would be the best line-up?
Anyone else feel IB is dropping hints as to his plans.

I expect to see a 4141 on wednesday and McGregor and Morelos join in January.
ironilunga
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1201 likes

Post by ironilunga »

stu1 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:34 pm He certainly appeared more passionate than Pelligrini ever has.
I thought it was a great interview. In terms of premier league opportunities he is probably drinking in the last chance saloon. That is why I think it will work. Him not getting it last time has galvanised him further.

If it doesn’t work out then it won’t be for want of trying. Can’t ask more really.

Some people will always be miserable. I’m optimistic :thup:
Discobar

Post by Discobar »

ironilunga wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:58 pm I thought it was a great interview. In terms of premier league opportunities he is probably drinking in the last chance saloon. That is why I think it will work. Him not getting it last time has galvanised him further.

If it doesn’t work out then it won’t be for want of trying. Can’t ask more really.

'
If it doesn’t work out then it won’t be for want of trying"

Oh, that's all right then.

Christ you must be easy to please
Last edited by Discobar on Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Claret & Blue World
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by Claret & Blue World »

ironilunga wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:58 pm I thought it was a great interview. In terms of premier league opportunities he is probably drinking in the last chance saloon. That is why I think it will work. Him not getting it last time has galvanised him further.

"Miserable" eh ? If someone doesn't share your optimism they're miserable, really mate ?

The man's brand of football since he has gone into management is widely considered as predictable, reactive, pragmatic and outright dour...

His management record since he took over at United in 2013 and then his subsequent stints in Spain, Sunderland and W.H has been nothing short of sh..
Even whilst he was at Everton they were hardly regarded as an entertaining side that played in the style of say a Wolves.

There is PLENTY of reasons for fans to not be optimistic.
Discobar

Post by Discobar »

Tell you what, let's move stadium, If it don't work out at least we tried
Discobar

Post by Discobar »

Not that in the grand scheme of things it matters a **** - but right now we are the laughing stock across the pubs of london, social media etc. Over 70% on this site didn't want him, that's what matters, yet here we are. Some it seems are happy just to clap and carry on
eastsider
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by eastsider »

Some people will always be miserable. I’m optimistic
Totally agree!! :thup:
Rays Rock
Has liked: 46 likes
Total likes: 104 likes

Post by Rays Rock »

Claret & Blue World wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:28 am "Miserable" eh ? If someone doesn't share your optimism they're miserable, really mate ?

The man's brand of football since he has gone into management is widely considered as predictable, reactive, pragmatic and outright dour...

His management record since he took over at United in 2013 and then his subsequent stints in Spain, Sunderland and W.H has been nothing short of sh..
Even whilst he was at Everton they were hardly regarded as an entertaining side that played in the style of say a Wolves.

There is PLENTY of reasons for fans to not be optimistic.
Miserable sod