David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Re: David Moyes - 18th Permanent Manager of WHUFC

Post by Ironing Board »

Graza wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:36 pm Someone who wins the league with the biggest, best funded team with the best squad isn't necessarily the best manager. As I say if he does it with Everton, given that Man City and Liverpool are going to keep spending too then maybe. But saying I don't rate him as one of the "all time greats" doesn't mean I don't rate him as a manager.
Del Piero says he is the greatest manager of all time, which is a real compliment considering his greatest success came under the great Marcelo Lippi. I would t say he is the best ever, but he is certainly one of the all time greats. He has the joint record for most European Cup wins along with Bob Paisley FFS!
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

Turns to Stone wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:41 pm But Jock Stein was at the top of his game. David Moyes WAS at the top of his game. Now he’s onto his 4th club since he left Everton and each spell has been worse than the list. We’ve brought in a manager who’s last full season ended in relegation. Why not try and hire someone who has actually done something good in the last 10 years?

He is on the wane and his hiring tells the fans and more importantly the players that the bosses are completely out of touch and happy to carry on letting them phone it in.

Personally, I like Moyes. Professionally, he’s been mediocre now for longer than he was successful. If I was recruiting for my business, and was the 18th richest company in my field, he wouldn’t get near the shortlist.
Jock Stein was always at the top of his game. He literally died in the dugout after getting Scotland into the World Cup playoffs! Leeds were very disappointed he left to take over his national side.
Last edited by Ironing Board on Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Graza

Post by Graza »

Ironing Board wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:40 pm Well he should have resigned then and given someone the opportunity to save the club, rather than willfully dragging us to our knees to secure a big fat cheque for himself.
He should have been told what the budget was for the summer (f*** all to replace half a team) and resigned then and there, instead he just gave up.

He wanted his money, as all employees do. He didn't drag us to our knees, that was done for him, he just refused to walk away without his pound of flesh. All managers would have done the same, all players do the same. It's how the game is now.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4293 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Croydon wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:30 pm He's just a shitter Allardyce in my opinion.

Sets up to draw.

But he said he's a winner, so I will give him another shot.
Moyes' problem in comparison to Allardyce is that he is respectful to the club and the support.

Allardyce always treated the club as a bit of a joke and the supporters as deluded and talking b*llocks, and therefore lucky to have him. Looking at the way Moyes is getting vilified, he could learn a thing or two.

In for a penny, in for a pound.
Graza

Post by Graza »

Ironing Board wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:47 pm Del Piero says he is the greatest manager of all time, which is a real compliment considering his greatest success came under the great Marcelo Lippi. I would t say he is the best ever, but he is certainly one of the all time greats. He has the joint record for most European Cup wins along with Bob Paisley FFS!
He has one of the greatest records sure. But that's not the same thing. Or it is if watching BFS ball get you into the 8th to 12th bracket every year is success for you. Options are like arseholes, everyone's got one.
Turns to Stone
Has liked: 229 likes
Total likes: 1455 likes

Post by Turns to Stone »

Ironing Board wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:49 pm Jock Stein was always at the top of his game. He literally died in the dugout after getting Scotland into the European Championships! Leeds were very disappointed he left to take over his national side.
Great, but he’s not our manager. The guy who failed at Man Utd, failed at Sociedad and failed at Sunderland is.

If the ghost of Jock Stein was to be offered the job, he would tell our owners to f*** the f*** off. Moyes is so far down the ladder of football that he can’t even do that.

You’re admiration for him is irrelevant. He can’t be that good simply because he is manager of West ****ing Ham. His role in life speaks for him so you don’t have to. I’ll ask again, which other top flight club would employ him. And ‘Everton’ is incorrect, because they didn’t did they, the sacked their manager and hired someone else. So which other club would hire him?
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

bubbles1966 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:51 pm Moyes' problem in comparison to Allardyce is that he is respectful to the club and the support.

Allardyce always treated the club as a bit of a joke and the supporters as deluded and talking b*llocks, and therefore lucky to have him. Looking at the way Moyes is getting vilified, he could learn a thing or two.

In for a penny, in for a pound.
On the bright side Liverpool seem to be running out of steam....

:shock:
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

Cor TTS them were some painful truth bombs you just detonated. Painfully true reading. There’s so little to like about West Ham right now.
bubbles1966

Post by bubbles1966 »

We seem to have reached that perverse stage where we desire a manager who doesn''t actually want to manage West Ham. The alternative is some old dope on the down turn who sees a mug contract coming where he gets paid £10m a year to phone it in.
Faithless
Location: On a bubble nearing the sky.....Born 7 days too late...39 years n counting...Win a cup lads...

Post by Faithless »

Graza wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:46 pm Yup. I said it early on when it was obvious that it was going to be Moyes. I don't want Moyes, but it ultimately doesn't matter when those skimming off the top don't give a **** and won't put hand in pocket.
Same as, as underwhelming as Moyes is I'm almost compelled to back him just because I know he's a symptom not the cause. I gave them the benefit of the doubt when Pellergrini came in but the 2nd summer syndrome repeated itself yet again.

I actually feel better with Moyes in charge purely because I now have zero expectations so those c**** can't affect me anymore. If they'd appointed someone exciting it'd have just lead to greater disappointment when the inevitable undermining and underfunding began.
Last edited by Faithless on Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

TTS absolutely top posting as usual fella
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

bubbles1966 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:58 pm We seem to have reached that perverse stage where we desire a manager who doesn''t actually want to manage West Ham. The alternative is some old dope on the down turn who sees a mug contract coming where he gets paid £10m a year to phone it in.
Poor Dave - he actually has enthusiasm and wants to do well, but everybody hates him!
smuts
Has liked: 1499 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

TTS :thup:

It all stems from the complete jokes running the club.

I bet if you could get any chairman or CEO in a room they would tell you how much they are ridiculed and despised in football right from the way they conduct their transfer dealings to Brady's spiteful little gossip column making vague allegations against chairman having affairs and so on.
Hammer1972
Has liked: 57 likes
Total likes: 213 likes

Post by Hammer1972 »

Ironing Board wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:01 pm Poor Dave - he actually has enthusiasm and wants to do well, but everybody hates him!
No. No one hates him. We just think he is not good enough.
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

Hammer1972 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:04 pm No. No one hates him. We just think he is not good enough.
I'll rephrase - many have a vitriolic dislike of the fact he has got the job, and will moan and stamp their feet until he is gone, regardless of how he does.
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

Ironing Board wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:01 pm Poor Dave - he actually has enthusiasm and wants to do well, but everybody hates him!
Who hates him? Some of us base our judgement on what we pay to watch.
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

Ironing Board wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:05 pm I'll rephrase - many have a vitriolic dislike of the fact he has got the job, and will moan and stamp their feet until he is gone, regardless of how he does.
This sounds far more like you with Pellegrini than the vast majority regarding Moyes.
Hammer1972
Has liked: 57 likes
Total likes: 213 likes

Post by Hammer1972 »

Ironing Board wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:05 pm I'll rephrase - many have a vitriolic dislike of the fact he has got the job, and will moan and stamp their feet until he is gone, regardless of how he does.
And you’ll carry on praising him regardless, despite the **** served up on the pitch.

Difference is, most on here care more about West Ham than about David Moyes....
Turns to Stone
Has liked: 229 likes
Total likes: 1455 likes

Post by Turns to Stone »

I like him. I just think that his appointment signalled (once and for all) just how little our owners understand football and how there was, in actual fact zero truth that they ever had any desire to see West Ham succeed on the football pitch.

Bilic had enthusiasm. They sucked it out of him. They blew up his home, sold his best players and rented and borrowed some other ones. The guy was so broken that heliterally went bald TWICE!

I had hoped that Pellegrini would have enough strength and standing in the game to force them to support him. I thought he would get money out of them and teach them about modern football. After one decent season, they sold his best player, sold his squad and didn’t bother to replace any of it.

David Moyes could probably have gotten something out of our board to in 2010. He could have made them back him. In 2020, he can’t even get them to borrow a right-back for him when we are joint second bottom.

If Moyes really was all the things you think he is, then we would have a central midfielder by now and we would have a right back and a spare striker. We don’t and he’s already resigned himself to the fact that he won’t get any of them. Which is the exact reason why they hired the poor b*stard.
Last edited by Turns to Stone on Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bubbles1966

Post by bubbles1966 »

When someone says, "He can’t be that good simply because he is manager of West ****ing Ham." they are slagging off Pellegrini, Bilic. etc as well as Moyes... so why single out Moyes?