David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Re: David Moyes - 18th Permanent Manager of WHUFC

Post by Ironing Board »

S-H wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:39 pm You've made countless posts of a similar nature, were they all jokes too?
(Darth Vader voice)

You lack of discernment is... disturbing.
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Hilarious..
spod
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 278 likes

Post by spod »

S-H wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:39 pm You've made countless posts of a similar nature, were they all jokes too?
That one was a bit obvious, to be fair, S-H.
S-H

Post by S-H »

spod wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:07 pm That one was a bit obvious, to be fair, S-H.
And I'd expect nothing less, from an obvious troll.
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

S-H wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:29 pm And I'd expect nothing less, from an obvious troll.
You can’t tell the difference between a joke and trolling?!?

Being able to laugh at yourself is a good attribute, in my opinion.
lib2007
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by lib2007 »

Ironing Board wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:30 pm You can’t tell the difference between a joke and trolling?!?
What would you say is the difference?
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

lib2007 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:39 pm What would you say is the difference?
Well There is a difference between having a joke at my own expense with an obviously hyperbolic statement and making a serious point! Given the lack of actual games at the moment there isn’t really much to actually debate!
TheHandOfDog
Has liked: 523 likes
Total likes: 419 likes

Post by TheHandOfDog »

goa127 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:58 pm Ironing board quite rightly gets a lot of stick for his blind support of Moyes, but the anti-moyes zealots are just as bad. Perhaps just give him half a chance?
I mean, the guy has the rest of the season to show that he can offer something different to Pellegrini other than putting me to sleep. It's on him to change my mind, he has been here for a season worth of games now, so it's not like he's a fresh, new manager.
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

I was on a bus in Spain last week and all the seats were in claret and blue.

I took a picture and sent it to my son joking that I was on the West Ham bus in Torremolinos.

He texted back " It's a better coach than flipping Moyes " :lol:
Sloop John B
The voice of reason
Has liked: 225 likes
Total likes: 448 likes

Post by Sloop John B »

NO idea where else to put this but we're not the only ones with a useless coach

How was your weekend Steve?
S-H

Post by S-H »

Mmmm Bacon.
Aceface
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 1446 likes

Post by Aceface »

ageing hammer wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:11 pm I was on a bus in Spain last week and all the seats were in claret and blue.

I took a picture and sent it to my son joking that I was on the West Ham bus in Torremolinos.

He texted back " It's a better coach than flipping Moyes "

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree I see Image
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 129 likes
Total likes: 329 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

Sloop John B wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:47 am NO idea where else to put this but we're not the only ones with a useless coach

How was your weekend Steve?
That is funny but tbf hes doing better than Rafa did before him.

As for Moyes, I get the impression from this thread that if miraculously we stay up it will all be down to the players...if we go down, it will be his fault.
No matter he has inherited defenders who cant defend, a ponderous midfield lacking drive and flair and two inept strikers.
Turns to Stone
Has liked: 229 likes
Total likes: 1455 likes

Post by Turns to Stone »

Westbourne Bill wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:19 pm That is funny but tbf hes doing better than Rafa did before him.

As for Moyes, I get the impression from this thread that if miraculously we stay up it will all be down to the players...if we go down, it will be his fault.
No matter he has inherited defenders who cant defend, a ponderous midfield lacking drive and flair and two inept strikers.
If we stay up he will have done an excellent job. Far better than last time given the squad, the confidence levels and when he took over.

The difficulty though is that we have not improved at all and he seems yet to know his best formation.

Those are my worries.
funky chicken
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 1231 likes

Post by funky chicken »

Turns to Stone wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:24 pm If we stay up he will have done an excellent job. Far better than last time given the squad, the confidence levels and when he took over.

The difficulty though is that we have not improved at all and he seems yet to know his best formation.

Those are my worries.
You've just answered your own question. We haven't improved simply because the squad isn't good enough. I honestly believe any manager we would've brought in at the time we got rid of Pellers wouldn't of done much better.

IF he somehow keeps this team up I would say it's more of an achievement than the last time he kept us up. At least he had Arnie before. Now he has a lazy £45m striker that hasn't had a single shot on goal in the past 3 games. Not to mention he had Obiang and Kouyate to add some physicality to the midfield. Until Soucek came in, who has only played one game so far, who offered that physicality before he came in this season?

The table doesn't lie. We completely deserve to be where we are.
S-H

Post by S-H »

If we stay up, it will be down to him, the players, and in spite of the terrible ownership.

If we go down, it will be down to him, the players and most of all, the terrible ownership, that put us in this position.
bristolhammerfc
Has liked: 197 likes
Total likes: 609 likes

Post by bristolhammerfc »

Westbourne Bill wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:19 pm That is funny but tbf hes doing better than Rafa did before him.

And yet this coach doing a job in Europe for UEFA, with a pedigree of managing top clubs such as Man Utd chose to take the job on. Why do you think that was after he was in such demand from top clubs?

He would have done his homework. He is after all a top analyst. He built a legacy at Everton. Why would he join our club?

I am confused. :asleep:
YorksHammer
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1412 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

Statistically Newcastle are an absolute poopshow this season. Lowest xG of any team in the league, third highest xGA of any team in the league, expected points of 17, letting other teams just knock it around for fun (21 passes per defensive action in their half - highest in the league) while unable to string passes together themselves (6 passes per opposition defensive action in the opposition half - lowest in the league), and allowing loads of passes and pressure around their own box (2nd most passes allowed in their last 20 yards - these are all stats that put them in amongst ourselves, Villa, Norwich, Bournemouth and so on, teams that are doing badly this season. There's absolutely no statistical reason as to why Newcastle should be performing 'well' and 13th in the table - they should be in a relegation scrap.

And I know statistics aren't everything, but things like xG and xGA are very, very indicative - just for example, our xGA last season was 65 - 10 goals more than we actually conceded, underlining how important Fabianski was to us. Our expected points were, in turn, lower than we actually got by about 8. This sort of season had been coming for us based on the underlying numbers last season.

For what it's worth, this season we have to date scored one more goal than expected, and conceded nearly 7 less than expected, to give us a situation where we're nearly three points better off than the stats suggest we should be. So we're actually doing better than we should be! The only problem is that our expected points are second bottom, our expected goals against are second bottom, and our expected goals for are fourth bottom.
Turns to Stone
Has liked: 229 likes
Total likes: 1455 likes

Post by Turns to Stone »

funky chicken wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:35 pm You've just answered your own question. We haven't improved simply because the squad isn't good enough. I honestly believe any manager we would've brought in at the time we got rid of Pellers wouldn't of done much better.

IF he somehow keeps this team up I would say it's more of an achievement than the last time he kept us up. At least he had Arnie before. Now he has a lazy £45m striker that hasn't had a single shot on goal in the past 3 games. Not to mention he had Obiang and Kouyate to add some physicality to the midfield. Until Soucek came in, who has only played one game so far, who offered that physicality before he came in this season?

The table doesn't lie. We completely deserve to be where we are.
I think I expected more organisation from Moyes and I haven't yet seen it. Our players are good enough to be organised defensively better than they have been. We shouldn't have drawn with Brighton and I don't think we should have lost at Sheff Utd if we had had better defensive performances. That's 3 points that he hasn't won that I think he should have.

hings would actually be looking far more rosy at this stage had we managed that.
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 129 likes
Total likes: 329 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »