David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 495 likes
Total likes: 1041 likes

Re: David Moyes - 18th Permanent Manager of WHUFC

Post by Georgee Paris »

chappo59
Location: In a land far far away where away defeats are frowned upon
Has liked: 389 likes
Total likes: 224 likes

Post by chappo59 »

Cowards way out in the first half setting up of that team IMHO

Looks like we've got the Sunderland Moyes 😳
chappo59

Post by chappo59 »

Cowards way out in the first half setting up of that team IMHO

Bill
Stranded in the smog
Has liked: 143 likes
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by Bill »

We all know he's only here because nobody else wants him and he'll put up with no investment. Will never work again once we bin him.
brothernero
Has liked: 741 likes
Total likes: 752 likes

Post by brothernero »

Is he the right manager for a promotion push?

If somehow we do stay safe, is he the right manager to push us on?

Both are a No from me.

Plus sod watching that type of football his sides play. A dark age manager.
Last edited by brothernero on Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BondsoBob
Has liked: 583 likes
Total likes: 527 likes

Post by BondsoBob »

Masterstroke that, wasn't it? Getting David 'Mr. Entertainment'' Moyes back.
Don't know if we would have stayed up with Pellers but we're definitely going down with Moyes.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2483 likes
Total likes: 4383 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

He's on the right track - but he has to trust a proper forward next to Haller.

He also needs to see that Lanzini 2020 is not Lanzini 2017. The club should sell.

We already have Wilshere and Reid in that set where they will never be the players they once were.

As someone who saw Dev pre-injury - and then post - Lanzini looks the same. He'll never be the same player. Some may think it of Ashton as well.
chappo59

Post by chappo59 »

Awful setup of that team first half bordering on the cowardly.

Smonnie
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Smonnie »

What struck me today was that we are utterly devoid of pace, and Haller doesn't put himself about like he should for a player of his size.

That's a squad issue. Not sure how we could have set up differently. Not sure what tactics others would have used?

Oh, and the people that suggest Antonio should have been risked from the start are the same that would have cried like little girls if we had and he'd have pulled up.

FWIW, I would have started with Fornals over Lanzini (on form) or Snodgrass (for pace) - but I thought Lanzini played better than he had recently.
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Billydinho »

Good old Moyes.

“But who else was there?”

:asleep:
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Billydinho »

chappo59 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:45 pm Awful setup of that team first half bordering on the cowardly.

No, we have the same Moyes as last time.
prophet:marginal
Has liked: 856 likes
Total likes: 2017 likes

Post by prophet:marginal »

bubbles1966 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:43 pm He's on the right track - but he has to trust a proper forward next to Haller.

He also needs to see that Lanzini 2020 is not Lanzini 2017. The club should sell.

We already have Wilshere and Reid in that set where they will never be the players they once were.

As someone who saw Dev pre-injury - and then post - Lanzini looks the same. He'll never be the same player. Some may think it of Ashton as well.
I can't see anyone bidding for Lanzini, so, as much as he is patently not the strike partner that Haller appears to need, it's not as if he can be sold and the money invested.

I actually worry that Haller is also simply unsuited to the Premiership. Did he do anything save for win that (dubious) penalty? By that I ask whether he actually got into any decent positions for the entire match? I simply don't recall it.

I don't think Moyes can find 'the right track' when he is required to use this bunch of players. Diop's position and reaction to the cross for their first was appalling. Cress and Zaba are just sub-standard and not Prem quality any more. Ogbonna's gift of the third was ridiculous. Noble tried and almost got it going for, what? 20 minutes?

The whole team looked clueless. No amount of gruff Scottish staring and hand-clapping is saving us this time.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2400 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

bubbles1966 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:43 pm He's on the right track - but he has to trust a proper forward next to Haller.

i love nearly all your posts Bubbles, but how on earth you can say he is on the 'right track' is purely baffling

That was about as bad a performance as we have put together since we got promoted

It was absolutely horrific

We haven't tightened up at the back, and we are much worse going forwards!
Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Ben »

Billydinho wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:47 pm No, we have the same Moyes as last time.
Exactly
Had a 1 in 4 win ratio and he’s hitting the same now.
It’s just there aren’t loads of teams worse than us this time
Smonnie

Post by Smonnie »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:54 pm i love nearly all your posts Bubbles, but how on earth you can say he is on the 'right track' is purely baffling

That was about as bad a performance as we have put together since we got promoted

No Fredericks, a half-fit Antonio, no pace in midfield, a disappointing record signing forward who won't put himself about despite being huge. It's not Moyes' fault that this is the squad he has to call on.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 255 likes
Total likes: 1158 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

I feel a bit sorry for him. He didnt have to take the job, but I should imagine did so in the belief he could genuinely keep us up, but what he didnt realise was, he has inherited the laziest, most static and most unfit and most useless crop of players we have had in over 20 years. It is also, not his fault Sullivan turned to him, although of course, he didnt have to take the job, but I do believe he is honest and genuinely felt he can keep us up, but I suspect he now knows that is unlikely. Our demise though us firmly on Sullivan
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2483 likes
Total likes: 4383 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:54 pm i love nearly all your posts Bubbles, but how on earth you can say he is on the 'right track' is purely baffling

I think we're edging towards some kind of realisation of what these players are.

Leicester are 3rd - and comfortably, and deservedly so. They have a youthful, pacey, energetic team that moves the ball and goes into challenges with purpose...like all the modern, successful teams do.

We have a bunch of old stagers, injury ravaged players and a few you wouldn't trust to stand up to a puff of wind. We have a squad built for 2010. Most of the damage was done under Pellegrini. We need a ruthless ****. Players like Fredericks, Anderson, Diangana are pivotal to playing against this kind of opposition.
Last edited by bubbles1966 on Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DannyboyDJL
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 205 likes

Post by DannyboyDJL »

Hopefully that's the end of the Lanzini behind Haller experiment. It's been awful every time he's tried it. I feel sorry for Moyes with the squad the way it is, but his use of Fornals so far has been a massive black mark against him for me. The lad looked like he was just getting going and looking good and he looks to have killed that momentum for Masuaku as a winger.

Oh and has he just ****ed off bringing another coach in or have we gone for the cheap option on that as well?
simon1982
Has liked: 1 like

Post by simon1982 »

The majority of players at his disposal are average at best. Slow, predictable and gutless
Middx17

Post by Middx17 »

“We didn’t play well”

“We do need energy”

“Can’t guarantee it” - getting players in.

The only thing he can guarantee is plenty of goals conceded, I would give REID a game, prior to injury he led the defence well, nothing to lose as we are so unorganised.

Promised my wife I would give up the ticket if we get relegated, I best start planning the Saturday shopping trips from sept onwards and I so want BILIC to beat us - how sad!