Manuel Pellegrini: West Ham United’s 17th manager

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Discobar

Re: Manuel Pellegrini (Now Sacked)West Ham United’s 17th manager

Post by Discobar »

If it's Moyes, and it probably is I'm done. Embarrassing. Awful manager, yes Fergie recommended him for Utd - and it failed. It also failed at Sociedad and Sunderland.

I'll be massively in the minority but I'd rather Sam over Moyes.

Pelle had to go, blame the owners all you like but it's Pelle's job to pick the team and achieve results. He failed.

The board replacing him with Moyes will take us down.

I know it's a popular wish on here to want relegation but there's no easy return. Look at Sundetland, look at Stoke, look at Leeds. I dont want relegation and I don't want Moyes.

Feck this
ironilunga
Has liked: 378 likes
Total likes: 1193 likes

Post by ironilunga »

James P wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:44 pm I very much disagreed with Moyes not being retained. I wanted him to be our manager. I didn’t buy in to the Pellegrini love in at all but was happy to wait and see what he delivered. He’s never convinced me. I truly can’t work out what he was trying to do and believe he didn’t really know what his plan was.
I had similar views to you in regard Pellegrini. My biggest misgiving was his motivation for coming? That said, I think the intentions of the club were honourable in respect to trying to install a top manager and backing him with a lot of money. It just hasn’t worked out.

The one positive of a Moyes return would be that he certainly has a motivation for coming!
Coledinho

Post by Coledinho »

Surely Moyes tells them to get bent? (not the player. the action)

I just dont see it myself. I think we may want, but he wont.
MK-Hammer
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 133 likes

Post by MK-Hammer »

We need to sure up the back ....Balbuena is not good enough....Diop makes mistakes ....both Cresswell & Masuaku are suspect ....and Fredericks lacks confidence.....Ogbonna best defender at the moment.....Rice is struggling ...Noble lacks pace & legs ....Snodgrass & Yarmolenko are past it ....Anderson lacks confidence ...Lanzini overrated ...I like Fornals but is played out of position..( thinks he’ll be a good No10)..ANtonio full of heart but technically limited ....Haller lacks interest & support
Sanchez wouldn’t get in a Sunday side
Wiltshire total waste of money

Big issues with shape and patterns of play ...slow build up ....no out ball ...don’t work hard enough ....

New guy ( Moyes or whoever) needs to sit them down ....make them watch the videos ...work with them at Rush Green ..highlight where they are going wrong and tell them we will tighten up stop conceding poor goals ....we have the players that can create a goal or 2 .....but not if we are 2 or 3 behind to start with.

Play with a shape ...3-5-2 for me...

Moyes can get them organised ....and hopefully get the flair players performing
Alan Pardew's Dad
Has liked: 826 likes
Total likes: 669 likes

Post by Alan Pardew's Dad »

whuzak wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:47 pm 1. No commercial strategy
2. No long term roadmap
3. PR + Marketing a joke
4. No solid Transfer Strategy
5. No balance in the squad
6. No depth in the squad
7. Frankenstein stadium
8. No winning culture mentality
9. Antonio dressing up as a snowman and crashing his Lambo on Boxing Day.

10. WE ARE A LOST FOOTBALL CLUB
Yet Brady thinks she is a successful business person and deals out the advice to others at every opportunity. Sorry Karren, but you’re fired.
Discobar

Post by Discobar »

Coledinho wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:55 pm Surely Moyes tells them to get bent? (not the player. the action)

I hope your right. Gollum looking prik
steps
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 244 likes

Post by steps »

Moyes = Groundhog Day

Flamboyant manager to pragmatic manager. Flamboyant manager to pragmatic manager. Rinse and repeat.

**** off G&S you absolutely spineless slivering unprofessional cowards. Go out and find us a manager to take us forward.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2357 likes

Manuel Pellegrini (Now Sacked)West Ham United’s 17th manager

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

Coledinho wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:55 pm Surely Moyes tells them to get bent? (not the player. the action)

why would Moyes tell them to get bent?
He isn't going to get another top flight job and before we gave him the gig last time his reputation was at an all time low
We salvaged his managerial career first time round to some extent
He wasn't particularly badly treated. He was given a short term contract and did OK (nothing more) results wise and then left when his contract ended

He should be grateful he is getting another go IMHO
Discobar

Post by Discobar »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:58 pm why would Moyes tell them to get bent?
He isn't going to get another top flight job and before we gave him the gig last time his reputation was at an all time low
We salvaged his managerial career first time round to some extent
He wasn't particularly badly treated. He was given a short term contract and did OK (nothing more) results wise and then left when his contract ended

He should be grateful he is getting another go IMHO
The key is no one else has gone near him
GaryP
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by GaryP »

ironilunga wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:54 pm I had similar views to you in regard Pellegrini. My biggest misgiving was his motivation for coming? That said, I think the intentions of the club were honourable in respect to trying to install a top manager and backing him with a lot of money. It just hasn’t worked out.

The one positive of a Moyes return would be that he certainly has a motivation for coming!
They didn't back him with a lot of money. They backed how with pretty much the same as every other PL manager had except the Man City's of this world. What they didn't do is go for the extra to get the big midfielder and full backs we needed. The extra we were promised when we were moved from the Boleyn

Tonight was the first time I wanted Pellegrini to go but I notice he's gone once Ancellotti was no longer available. If he was still on the market he's the one the fans would have liked. Having said that ALL managers are ****ed here though whilst these parasitic c**** are still in charge.
OFT
Has liked: 2995 likes
Total likes: 1758 likes

Post by OFT »

Discobar wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:00 am The key is no one else has gone near him
True, but were we the only club knocking on Pellers door? I bet we were.
I'm not saying we should/should not appoint Moyes BTW,
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:58 pm We salvaged his managerial career...
Did I miss something?
Discobar

Post by Discobar »

Moyes

Games 31

Won 9
Drawn 10
Lost 12
Win rate 29%

That's next level stuff.

Some of you on here are mugs. Absolute mugs
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

I have zero confidence in the board to make an appointment that is popular with the fans.
Junco Partner
Location: Paquetta, he's played it through...and Bowen's in...ITS UP FOR GRABS NOW!"
Has liked: 553 likes
Total likes: 893 likes

Post by Junco Partner »

Think I'm done if Moyes gets it, I'll sack myself from this club.
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 500 likes
Total likes: 1275 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Discobar wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:07 am Moyes

Games 31

Won 9
Drawn 10
Lost 12
Win rate 29%

That's next level stuff.

Some of you on here are mugs. Absolute mugs
This.
e17
Has liked: 280 likes
Total likes: 940 likes

Post by e17 »

David Moyes :thup:

The C&B in my veins means I’m still struggling to accept I might not renew next season (because we’re **** & it’s ****)

Re-employing him would be a nice straightforward get out clause.

And I won’t be alone.

So David Moyes :thup: will be a massive hit on this lots pockets next season and in the stands and I am absolutely convinced any 3 month “new manager bounce” with this poor mans Alan Curbishley won’t last for 18 months anyway.

And then, f*** it - some of you lot will get what you deserve. Calling for this bloke to be employed and claiming the football wasn’t all that bad when you obviously were just streaming it or not watching
Humbug
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 137 likes

Post by Humbug »

I'm not confident the board will pick the right manager , but we might strike lucky. I'd still like to get rid of some of our expensive failures this Jan window. We have such a lot of dross in our squad who 'won't/can't' even bother to run or tackle- a real bunch of pansies make up the spine of our squad. At least Moyes might kick them up the backside and make them suffer if they don't try - couldn't imagine MP scaring anyone with his quiet mumbling, monotonous Chilean accent.
ironilunga
Has liked: 378 likes
Total likes: 1193 likes

Post by ironilunga »

Georgee Paris wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:08 am I have zero confidence in the board to make an appointment that is popular with the fans.
Pellegrini?
jastons
Has liked: 885 likes
Total likes: 837 likes

Post by jastons »

Georgee Paris wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:08 am I have zero confidence in the board to make an appointment that is popular with the fans.
They can appoint whoever they want, if they win games then the new manager will be popular.