The Fans are part of the problem

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

Major
%&!$

The Fans are part of the problem

Post by Major » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:39 pm

You lot (that still go) are part of the problem.

All the time the ****ers that own the club see that lego stadium full up, be it with tourists or fans; they will not change.

The only way to force these c**** out of West Ham is to stop giving them your money, that's all they care about. The problem is self perpetuating, they do just enough to give hope, all the fans swallow it and Start to get ambitious. Then they stop spending, blame the manager and step back two steps (for David Moyes, see Fat Sam).

I understand why you are still going but you really are part of the problem.

Pob!

Re: The Fans are part of the problem

Post by Pob! » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:44 pm

Nice to see you posting Major..

:thup:

I agree, I stopped going after the first year at the toilet bowl and I will never step foot in there again.
Last edited by Pob! on Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wolf359

Post by wolf359 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:46 pm

Not spent a penny on the club for several years. I won’t return (at home) to that stadium ever. I may attend the odd away game but haven’t been for a few seasons.
Last edited by wolf359 on Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brothernero

Post by brothernero » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:46 pm

Not all of us Major. Many of us stopped going after the final year at the Boleyn, some even before that.

West Ham United, have not got a penny from me and nor will they while GSB are the owners.

iLoveLasagne

Post by iLoveLasagne » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:47 pm

Agreed.

Major
%&!$

Post by Major » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:51 pm

Mate im not having a go at anybody, I still know loads that go.

And I genuinely don't really care if the club stay up, gets relegated or self combusts, it just seems so obvious to me that the owners are taking the piss out of the fans loyalty and will do it until you show them that they can't .

I do feel for you lot and some mates that still put themselves through it I really do and I understand how much it means to you all, I really think that the only way this will be resolved is for the chairmen to get to old (but you will probably end up with the son!) or you force them out by stop going.

Samba

Post by Samba » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:52 pm

Yes & no, Major.
Of course you make a bloody good point but I will never criticise those that love us that much that they still want to go over there.
Therein lies half the problem..

Samba

Post by Samba » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:52 pm

Major wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:51 pm
Mate im not having a go at anybody, I still know loads that go.

And I genuinely don't really care if the club stay up, gets relegated or self combusts, it just seems so obvious to me that the owners are taking the piss out of the fans loyalty and will do it until you show them that they can't .

I do feel for you lot and some mates that still put themselves through it I really do and I understand how much it means to you all, I really think that the only way this will be resolved is for the chairmen to get to old (but you will probably end up with the son!) or you force them out by stop going.
:thup:

e17

Post by e17 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:56 pm

Maj :thup: Been too long mate

Problem is, if we don’t go, we’re replaced by people who probably will be even more content to settle for **** if that **** comes with a £350 a season on credit price tag

I think we’re the solution myself mate. Pissing inside not outside

GPP

Post by GPP » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:02 pm

I know the post is only part serious - but it’s true.

However, it’s also true, that going over West Ham is a father & son thing for me...and my old man is past 70...and I don’t feel I have the time to boycott until these clowns have gone. I cherish match days and I hate match days in equal measure - when it comes to it, for me there’s McAvennie, Lyall, Peter Butler, and the old man - and he’s the biggest WHU legend ever.

I want to boycott but I can’t. And that’s why Sullivan bough us - he knows we’re mugs and he’ll get richer off the back of us - and I’m the problem.

I’m like a heroin addict he’s taken advantage of. I feel dirty but can’t do anything about it.

I yearn for a dirty sausage in the green gate and a walk to the ground via dog **** alley, followed by a poor performance but a sing song with familiar faces in the (real) Bobby lower

Wembley1966

Post by Wembley1966 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:02 pm

I'm not giving up my season ticket. If I gave up my half price coffin dodgers concession ticket they'd only sell it to someone else at full price.

Major
%&!$

Post by Major » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:02 pm

See I disagree

There has always been a core support of around 20 -25K

Most of the 'new fans' are drawn by the shiny stadium and the promise of success and the fact you can buy tickets on stub hub! I genuinely think they will stop going should the stadium empty, you can only get excited about the popcorn and giant dogs for so long.....

If the core fan base acted and stopped going I genuinely think it would wake them up, the new fans will be off as soon as they realise the West Ham dream is a myth.

rtwhufc83

Post by rtwhufc83 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:02 pm

Our **** stadium + VAR = Im done

fjthegrey

Post by fjthegrey » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:07 pm

I'm gonna keep going. I enjoy myself.

I don't really care if that is a problem for anyone else.

The owners will go when they go, might be sitting around for years waiting for that to happen, years I can be enjoying at matches with my family and friends.

Plus, I'm convinced the next owners will be just as cuntish, whoever they end up being. Same as they always have been near enough. So then what? Sit around waiting for the next ones to leave cos we don't like them either?

Samba

Post by Samba » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:08 pm

Major wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:02 pm
Most of the 'new fans' are drawn by the shiny stadium and the promise of success and the fact you can buy tickets on stub hub!
And not forgetting being able to watch* the top stars of the Premiership.
Well ok, only when the opposing team's got any playing for them..

Cue that old Bette Midler song...

rtwhufc83

Post by rtwhufc83 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:08 pm

Major wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:39 pm
You lot (that still go) are part of the problem.

All the time the ****ers that own the club see that lego stadium full up, be it with tourists or fans; they will not change.

The only way to force these ***** out of West Ham is to stop giving them your money, that's all they care about. The problem is self perpetuating, they do just enough to give hope, all the fans swallow it and Start to get ambitious. Then they stop spending, blame the manager and step back two steps (for David Moyes, see Fat Sam).

I understand why you are still going but you really are part of the problem.
What you moaning about! Didnt you hear, we're getting world class WIFI next year!!

Georgee Paris

Post by Georgee Paris » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:09 pm

For the first time someone suggested getting a Leyton Orient season ticket and it wasn’t dismissed straight away. Might try this season and consider instead of next year. That or TK Max with the Mrs.

leyton Hammer

Post by leyton Hammer » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:09 pm

Major, totally understand your reasoning, but sometimes it is more than just watching football. Back around 74ish I sat on my dads shoulders in the West side for my 1st match at Upton Park, I took my sister and brother to their 1st games there and even my missus of 30 years visited the old girl, I have taken my 3 daughters to both grounds and now my son is a season ticket holder with me and in the summer I took my 4 year old granddaughter to her debut match, I still have a baby grandson who has no choice but to go there and watch his 1st ever game! I miss the Boleyn so much and absolutely detest the owners and their Rottweiler and never buy anything other than my season ticket at the bowl, but West Ham has, and continues to play a massive part of my time with my Dad, kids and grandkids that I don't think I will ever be able/want to stop. One day the parasites will be gone and maybe some part of "the old West Ham" will come back but either way I will be there.

brothernero

Post by brothernero » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:11 pm

Thing is Major there are also some die hard loyal long attending (Away and not just home) supporters who believe the stadium is great and that the owners are wonderful.

I speak to one like that a fair bit. He has been to over well 1500 games. He thinks Sullivan is a god. he and Gold saved us. Upton Park was going to fall down and the London Stadium is an amazing place, ect ect.

He still believes that Sullivan and Gold will lead us to the glory land and we will win the Title and be a regular in the Champions League.

He is not the only fan that thinks like that. Might not be any near as many now as there was at the start of GSB tenure, but they are still out there.

stu1

Post by stu1 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:11 pm

Have fans of a well supported club ever successfully reduced their attendance to put pressure on an unwanted owner?

I can’t think of any recent examples because typically loyalty to their club overrides the hatred of the owner.