Anti board chants for Bournemouth game

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

Smonnie

Re: Anti board chants for Bournemouth game

Post by Smonnie » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:59 pm

Discobar wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:46 am
Walkouts don't work. When Moyes is introduced (if he is), that's when the sack the board chants should start. Obviously you cant sack the owners but any appropriate chant will do.

Something next level oriented
Moyes is a good appointment. The only thing they've got right in 2019.

marshboy

Post by marshboy » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:10 pm

It feels very much like the evening of the supposed last demo, anticipation of what happens in the stadium if the away team score an early goal

OohAahButler

Post by OohAahButler » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:32 pm

I’ll happily join the protest against Everton, but not tomorrow.

It’s not Moyes’ fault. Right now, my priority is about supporting the team and us ****ing everything up right at the moment we need an injection of positivity and to see the players showing they care is just wrong.

I hate the owners. They deserve to feel our hatred. But not at the expense of the team.

I’ve said it before: Love West Ham. Hate the Board.

(Have I inadvertently come up with the chant??)

duncanio

Post by duncanio » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:43 pm

Coops wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:27 am
The only way to protest is at the car park entrance.
I don't think we should do anything when Moyes is introduced, I know many of us didn't want him, but he is our new manager, and we should get behind him and the team.
What would be great if we cheered for the new manager, cheered on the players, and then chanted anti board songs even if we are winning.
Exactly, why bring Moyes into it, is it his fault?
As supporters we must look dense sometimes.
Make life intolerable for David Moyes and we are aiding a slip into the Championship.

iLoveLasagne

Post by iLoveLasagne » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:57 pm

Agree but the support must be visible /audible within the stadium when they protest. Watching the Sunday supplement on sky, the journalists still think we are still overreacting like spoilt brats.

duncanio

Post by duncanio » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:07 pm

iLoveLasagne wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:57 pm
Agree but the support must be visible /audible within the stadium when they protest. Watching the Sunday supplement on sky, the journalists still think we are still overreacting like spoilt brats.
Complaining about the new manager is pretty childish. Complaining about the board is a different matter and they shouldn't be confused. Do it wrong and we look like idiots.

hammers92

Post by hammers92 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:41 am

iLoveLasagne wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:57 pm
Every journalist on that self entitled show can f**" right off. Afraid of losing their access if they dare say anything against the norm.

Depressed Hammer

Post by Depressed Hammer » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:27 am

PortCityIron wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:01 pm
Kumb on feel the noize..

Welcome back Moyes,
Stealing all our joys,
It’s all lies, lies, lies
Stealing all our Joys? We are in a relegation battle.

kitthehammer

Post by kitthehammer » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:46 am

Sorry but i still dont see how this helps, what you are hoping to achieve or even particularly what you are protesting about?

It just feels like all the people who were ecstatic we got pellegrini are now slagging off the same person who has replaced him with someone we know it worked with last time.

Most of you all complained about moyes then, just as you are now, so what do you want the board to do? Try some other unknown quantity to stave off relegation?
Are you blaming sullivan for bringing in pellegrini? Is that not what you wanted? Is it sullivans fault it didnt work out?

The reality is sullivan and the board are damned if they do and damned if they dont in whatever they do. No im not overjoyed about the status of our club but i agree with what a lot if the journalists (and possibly mark noble too by the sounds of it) have said that maybe the fans are part of the problem.

So great, back to more negativity aimed at the board when the one person you should blame is the one they have replaced. We sound like a bunch of spoilt moaners.

What is it you are actually expecting? Short of being taken over by some rich arabs/russians/chinese etc?
The board, under pressure, tried something, it didn’t work, now they have rectified it by using someone who is a known quantity. So can we please for now just get off everyone’s backs and start supporting?

Moxy

Post by Moxy » Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:07 am

The board sold our home, history and identity to line their own pockets. The 3 of them have ripped the heart and soul out of our club, they will never be forgiven, everything else Moyes, payet, relegation, early cup exits are smaller details. They’ve made going over to watch West Ham absolutely dogshit with a lot of fans choosing to stay away and watch at home or in the pubs that’s why their hated and that’s why they always will be.

HammerAl

Post by HammerAl » Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:33 am

Come on kit, it’s not even about who they’re hiring or firing. The problems the majority of our fan base have with the owners run far deeper than who the manager is.

These owners could hire Pep and sign Messi and it wouldn’t make one but of difference to who they are as people and want they’ve done to our club.

Bridges have been burnt and there is no going back.

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Post by Up the Junction » Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:29 pm

kitthehammer wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:46 am
Sorry but i still dont see how this helps, what you are hoping to achieve or even particularly what you are protesting about?
Fill your boots: https://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=134173

e17

Post by e17 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:42 pm

kitthehammer wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:46 am
So can we please for now just get off everyone’s backs and start supporting?
It is possible to support WHU and still protest against the owners. They’re not the football club.

Would you rather the ire was directed at Moyes, or at the people who employed Pellegrini etc?

goa127

Post by goa127 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:54 pm

It's very hard to see how protesting today is not an attack on Moyes. Although it's obvious why people are protesting I can't figure out the aim. To let sulli know he's unpopular? I think he's aware of that already. To make him so upset he's gonna rush out and sell the club at a knock down price. I know it's the festive season but that's pushing it!

eastsider

Post by eastsider » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:59 pm

wildwood wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:55 pm
Like Moyes or loathe him, Pellegrini had to go and in the circumstances and at this stage of the season who do people think we could get in? Also, don’t remember too many complaints about Pellegrini when he was appointed???

Always bad on this site. I’m coming off for good. Can’t stand the negativity.
Me too 100% finished on here, having a post removed for not agreeing with the echo chamber of opinion prefered by most on here was the final straw!!
Bye all.
COYI!! :scarfer:

Watford 'Ammer

Post by Watford 'Ammer » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:22 pm

1. There is no organised protest today.

2. There is an option, for those who wish to do so, to be part of a static protest before the game against Everton.

3. The protest against Everton is aimed at holding the board to account and has come about as Hammers United were inundated with requests to organise something. We are not asking or encouraging anyone to attend, it is just for those who wish to utilise that organised opportunity.

4. This is about a 10 point pledge, made 10 years ago. It has nothing to do with current form, or the team, or the manager. Form may have forced our hand, but this has always been about holding the board to account.

Northbank Bar

Post by Northbank Bar » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:46 pm

Posted earlier today on the protest thread.

Good morning.Firstly let me wish all those travelling to the match today a safe journey and a great day.Bournemouth have a lot of injuries and I do believe that West Ham will win and win well.

There is much support for our decision to take action.Some however are prattling on about supporting the team and the new manager which is frustrating as we intend to do just that .Some are criticising us for protesting about the manageral appointment.We obviously need to get our message over better so I will say again.-This protest is to hold the Board accountable for their failures,seek positive change,and at the request of our members lobby for the best possible support for the manager in the transfer window.

We can see there will be considerable support and will be urging our members to attend.-But that is not the most important factor.-The most important thing is that we behave well and within the law.-The press will be watching this and Karen Brady you will be sure will be hoping that some of us let ourselves down so the club can capitalise on this and portray us as some sort of drunken rabble.I know already that there will be many women and children present and know personally of 2 ladies expecting chidren that will be there.It is of course a protest so of course there will be singing ,shouting and hollering.-That goes hand in hand with protest.But please let us keep this within the law and make sure all West Ham supporters on the day have a safe day.Be especially aware of the women and children within our ranks.

When the protest is over we get on with supporting our team,cheering them on hopefully to 3 points.

Thanks.

West Ham 3 Bournemouth 1.

Northbank Bar

Post by Northbank Bar » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:49 pm

Sorry admin.That was not petulance.The computer was lagging.

Marlow Vaderman

Post by Marlow Vaderman » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:47 pm

Good post NBB
All of them..
But joking aside..
Great win against an out of form and decimated Bournemouth side. You can, however, only beat what’s in front of you and we win and win well. Fair play to Moyes and the players.
However in the grand scheme of things this changes nothing. Despite posts to the contrary any planned protest in not results based or aimed at the playing staff or manager. We have all seen the posts about potential spend in the window. How long will it be before Moyes is (again) thrown under the bus.
It’s still time to make a stand and be heard..
COYI ⚒⚒

MooresTheHero

Post by MooresTheHero » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:49 pm

Marlow Vaderman wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:47 pm
Good post NBB
All of them..
But joking aside..
Great win against an out of form and decimated Bournemouth side. You can, however, only beat what’s in front of you and we win and win well. Fair play to Moyes and the players.
However in the grand scheme of things this changes nothing. Despite posts to the contrary any planned protest in not results based or aimed at the playing staff or manager. We have all seen the posts about potential spend in the window. How long will it be before Moyes is (again) thrown under the bus.
It’s still time to make a stand and be heard..
COYI ⚒⚒
:thup: :crest: