Are YOU happy at the Olympic/London Stadium?

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

Georgee Paris

Are YOU happy at the Olympic/London Stadium?

Post by Georgee Paris » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:59 pm

I’m happy as a person only West Ham depresses me.

* This thread relates to the original 2014 poll: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=169848

Rays Rock

Re: [POLL] Are YOU happy at the Olympic/London Stadium?

Post by Rays Rock » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:10 pm

Does anyone know whether they are going to try and square off the stands behinds the goals like in the images the club sent out ?

Along with a consistent transfer policy under a consistent and well backed manager are the type of things that will keep things on the straight and narrow.
Aside from those high cost changes, there are so many things that the club could be doing to make it feel more homely.
The trouble is the way they act and stop short of properly engaging with the clubs loyal 1000’s makes the whole club atmosphere cold. A good dose of humility and co-operation and they might find that most would actually give them the benefit of the doubt at times. Unfortunately Sullivans and Bradys careers in business seem to be littered with being a loggerheads with someone at any one time.

Napoleon Solo

Post by Napoleon Solo » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:18 pm

We should have had this poll when Gold and Sullivan first muted the moved instead of meekly going along with it all. It's a bit late now.

IronZ-79

Post by IronZ-79 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:30 pm

It's a 100% no for me. Lifeless is an understatement....not just beng sat in my seat. The whole match day experience has gone...walking up to the Boleyn and the places to eat and drink all gone. You would get to the old ground and grab a bite to eat and make a day of it.

This is the complete opposite. Absolutely hate the place and is nothing like what we was sold. I changed my Cat A seats to seats near the corner flag which are much cheaper....guess what? Think the seat is better on the basis I'm closer to the action!

Burn it down and start again. Horrible place and lot of work needs to be done to make it feel like our home.

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Post by Up the Junction » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:56 pm

Napoleon Solo wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:18 pm
We should have had this poll when Gold and Sullivan first muted the moved instead of meekly going along with it all. It's a bit late now.
We did, frequently: https://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=125110

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:30 pm

The main problem here is only 700 people voted. How many of those attend (or used to attend) regularly? KUMB is a wonderful supporters forum, but doesn't necessarily reflect the views of 'all' attendees. A large majority on here are 'fans' or 'ex pats'. Nothing wrong with that or that their views shouldn't be considered, however, so what? I am obviously being a little 'contrary' here but the problem with all social media it doesn't always reflect the views of the 'majority' just the most pissed off.

psychoscoredthelot

Post by psychoscoredthelot » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:37 pm

2 years of going and hated it so didn’t renew
1 year off - last season

This season I’ve chipped in on a mates season ticket and we’ve shared the chore of going over there. Tickets went to wast for the last 3 games as we couldn’t be bothered.

I tend to go now just to meet up with a few pals and get pissed. Excuse to get out of the house and away from the mrs.

It’s the worse football stadium in the country for several reasons

psychoscoredthelot

Post by psychoscoredthelot » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:38 pm

It’s a no from me

Samba

Post by Samba » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:49 pm

Diogenes wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:30 pm
The main problem here is only 700 people voted. How many of those attend (or used to attend) regularly? KUMB is a wonderful supporters forum, but doesn't necessarily reflect the views of 'all' attendees. A large majority on here are 'fans' or 'ex pats'. Nothing wrong with that or that their views shouldn't be considered, however, so what? I am obviously being a little 'contrary' here but the problem with all social media it doesn't always reflect the views of the 'majority' just the most pissed off.
Of course, a poll is only as good as how representative its 'sample' is. This KUMB poll is just that; a poll of KUMB readers.
If you polled the match going crowd, by definition, 'Happy' or 'Neutral' would tend to score higher than 'Unhappy', although there are people that still go that aren't happy with the stadium. They just want to see West Ham play & would go, almost anywhere to do so.

Di Wolfio
The Daily Llama

Post by Di Wolfio » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:50 pm

No

Daggers

Post by Daggers » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:59 pm

No, not in any conceivable way except the toilets

Doc H Ball

[POLL] Are YOU happy at the Olympic/London Stadium?

Post by Doc H Ball » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:03 pm

Diogenes wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:30 pm
The main problem here is only 700 people voted. How many of those attend (or used to attend) regularly?
3,000 ST holders and members voted and a very full report was passed onto the Club in 2014. It makes for an interesting read now.

sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

[POLL] Are YOU happy at the Olympic/London Stadium?

Post by sanchoz » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:33 am

sanchoz wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:37 pm
No
Still disappointed.

hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes

Post by hadleighhammer » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:11 am

hadleighhammer wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:01 pm
No.

They really are disgusting lying *****.
My view remains unchanged.

sendô

Post by sendô » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:31 pm

psychoscoredthelot wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:37 pm
This season I’ve chipped in on a mates season ticket and we’ve shared the chore of going over there.
That's the problem now, isn't it?

Going to the Boleyn was enjoyable, even when we were **** and lost (so most of the time), but going to that place is just a chore.

It doesn't help that you have to walk for miles through what feels like the set of Mad Max to get there from the station.

MrHammer73

Post by MrHammer73 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:41 pm

No, No and No.

It's a abomination of a football stadium and we are going nowhere while we continue to play our 'home' games there.

Knock it down & start again with a proper football purpose stadium built or find another venue.

There is no other choice for West Ham United FC going forward.

Gormalysis

Post by Gormalysis » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:47 pm

I went for the first 2 seasons and have now given up my season ticket, hate it with a passion. As Psycho and Sendo has stated, it started to feel like a chore and wasn't enjoying it.

I hate the walk almost as much as the ground itself, with its fenced off walkway and stop/go Nazis every 50m

fjthegrey

Post by fjthegrey » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:50 pm

It's a yes from me.

I enjoy myself there. My view is good and my ticket is cheap.

roblo

Post by roblo » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:58 pm

Grew up at UP, 15+ years season ticket with family. Tried a couple of years at the bowl, as the family were still going.
The rubbish stadium coupled with the lying poxy owners meant I stopped going to home games towards the end of 2018.
It's a soulless bowl in the middle of nowhere, with supporters miles away from the pitch, surrounded by tourists.
Just doesn't really feel like West Ham anymore.

Aceface

Post by Aceface » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:01 pm

sendô wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:31 pm
It doesn't help that you have to walk for miles through what feels like the set of Mad Max to get there from the station.
For me that bit is more off-putting when I'm thinking of going than whatever is inside the actual stadium.

The comparison is pretty stark given the walk from UP station to the ground was part of the pleasure of the previous experience.

People weren't wrong that the support by and large didn't live around the Boleyn anymore, and frankly, day-to-day jelllied eels, pie and mash etc didn't figure much in people's lifestyles anymore, but the match days were a way of keeping the connection with the traditions of East London for a lot of the generations (like me) who had been dispersed elsewhere, in a way that was still genuine. The cultural aspect of visiting the Boleyn was inseparable from the actual act of viewing a football match.