FAC4: West Ham Utd 0-1 West Bromwich Albion (25/01/20)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

Ingwe
Has liked: 85 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Re: West Ham United v West Bromwich Albion: FAC4R Match Thread

Post by Ingwe »

Plashet Grove Pete wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:00 pm That's an utter disgrace.

This is not my team anymore - I hope it implodes completely, and just leaves me with memories of the past.

There's not one player nor one member of the staff that I give a sh*t about any more. They can all f*ck off.

As for the three c*nts at the top, thank you for destroying the club I cared about for fifty years.
This pretty much sums up what I feel. :thdn:
Faithless
Location: On a bubble nearing the sky.....Born 7 days too late...39 years n counting...Win a cup lads...

Post by Faithless »

Paolo's Piranhas wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:07 pm If you're old enough to remember Cluedo, that's a great post :D

Hopefully to be followed by: The board, in the cellar, with the lead pipe.
Think I'll find and dust off my old Cluedo instead of watching the Liverpool game. I used to enjoy playing Cluedo, much like I used to enjoy watching West Ham, hopefully I don't find that someone sold half the pieces while I wasn't looking!
Last edited by Faithless on Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peaches
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 821 likes

Post by Peaches »

I’ll be honest I don’t think we were that bad second half. First half was a different story. Lanzini , Balbuena , and Sanchez were awful, and Haller desperately needs a goal and sone confidence. I thought Moyes triple substitution was bold, but necessary and should send a message to the players and the board. His main problem is his loyalty to a clearly shadow of his former self Lanzini.
Hopefully this gives a kick up the arse to the players and more importantly to the owners to either sell up or buy some Fu#$ing players and not just cheap cast offs.
Paolopaul
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 296 likes

Post by Paolopaul »

Maybe it would be best if West Ham just stop playing for the rest of the season, take the relegation and give us all a break.

It’s not right to put us all through this, week after week there’s no effort from anyone in the West Ham set up.

I so want to not care about the club but still find it all so disappointing and frustrating, yet another weekend to avoid watching match of the day.
Haarlemammer
Has liked: 383 likes
Total likes: 62 likes

Post by Haarlemammer »

Difficult to find the right words to describe that.
At home against a championship side with 10 men for the last 20 minutes and we manage one shot on target.
Our passing is pub team standard - so lackadaisical it’s beyond belief. We have no pace in our attacks and zero imagination. We dither on the ball and pass it backwards allowing the opposition to get back into place. Antonio was the only player who seems to care. Players ambling about, completely not up for it.
We are going to get such a pasting against Liverpool who will tear us to shreds. Klopp can put out a team of only 9 of their reserves and they’d win easily.
The only positive is that in the second half we played our strongest available side. The bad news is that we saw the true ability of our best team and I think we’d struggle in the lower reaches of the Championship.
Only under Avram Grant can I remember us being so inept.
We are definitely going down, probably in 20th place.
badabing
Has liked: 31 likes
Total likes: 104 likes

Post by badabing »

Sounds like a fun day out. Still, a nice easy game on Wednesday to get our confidence back up.
happydaystoytown
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 101 likes

Post by happydaystoytown »

iLoveLasagne wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:52 pm Don't be so sure. We could be relegation fodder even in the Championship.
Absolutely.

We might be mid table Championship quality at the moment (questionable) but once we go down, Sully will cash in on any player of any value, to be replaced with more loans and punts.

The next level.........down.
comebackjoecole

Post by comebackjoecole »

Dog Dirt
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 169 likes
Total likes: 478 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon »

I had to leave on 87 minutes. I was depressed because up until then their goalie didnt make a save.

F A cup. At home. Against 10 men.

West Ham have ceased to be. I'm heartbroken to be honest.
Sir David Sullivan
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by Sir David Sullivan »

That was bad. Moyes, Gold, Brady have a lot to answer for....
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2689 likes
Total likes: 1786 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

At least we can now concentrate on the League .
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 257 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

That went down well
Paolo's Piranhas

Post by Paolo's Piranhas »

Faithless wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:12 pm Think I'll find and dust off my old Cluedo instead of watching the Liverpool game. I used to enjoy playing Cluedo, much like I used to enjoy watching West Ham, hopefully I don't find that someone sold half the pieces while I wasn't looking!
Oh, don't remind me .. I'd forgotten who we played next.

Thinking about it, I may have got a bit blurry on Cluedo, too. As isn't the person in the envelope the killer not the victim? Anyway, you got the gist :D
brothernero
Has liked: 741 likes
Total likes: 754 likes

Post by brothernero »

Crossd_Hammrs wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:00 pm It was? Then I'm flummoxed how it wasn't given then. The angle from the far side clearly shows the goalside defender flick his leg out sideways into Antonio's legs with no intention to play the ball. A really stupid thing to do.
Arguably it wasn't enough to bring him down - who knows, but even if not it was a petulant kick out at an opponent and should have been penalised.

Never in a million months of Sunday's was that a penalty. It was just a slip and even Antonio himself did not appeal.

Clutching at straws there mate.
Humbug
Has liked: 47 likes
Total likes: 157 likes

Post by Humbug »

As I said before, Pellers & Co (including the SGB) have deeply and possibly irreparably damaged our club. Allowing Pellers/Husillo and their sons to scout for players is a recipe for corruption and paybacks. They bought lots of shady overpriced players completely unsuitable for the PL . The rocky foundations are now set and all we can hope for is a bit of luck between now and the end of the season.
Adecoker
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Adecoker »

well done super slav good luck in the cup. Also they are coming up and we are going the other way yet still we leave diagana there on loan. Work that one out if you will
MilHammer
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by MilHammer »

Ogbonna is HOTY for me so far - he's had an up and down career here but this year hes the only one playing up to his ability and with an ounce of confidence.

Rice, Fornals, Antonio and Zabaleta also deserve credit but the makeup of this team, specifically an appalling lack of pace and physicality, has doomed us.

Imagine if we had Obiang, Kouyate, even Fernandes. I legit think any one of those 3 players would drastically improve our play.
smuts
Has liked: 1533 likes
Total likes: 1494 likes

Post by smuts »

Anyone checked on David Gold? He was all over twitter retweeting his sycophnats and plants when we beat Bournemouth...not seen since?

Probably got the Moose stuck in him.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4918 likes

Post by -DL- »

DubDub wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:11 pm Relegation is our only hope, perhaps then GSB will sell up
If you have a car, when do you sell it to get the best money for it?

A) When it's in good condition, plenty of MOT and nothing wrong with it.

or

B) The day after a trip to a safari park where the monkeys have ripped the mirrors, wipers, and trim off, and you got rear ended by a truck on the way home?

If B has happened, and you decide to chuck a load of money at it to get it back to A, do you

A) Keep it in the hope it will get it's previous value back at some point

or

B) Flog it straight away and lose a bucket load

People that think GSB will sell up if we go down when the club will be worth the same as the car in B are bonkers. The only way they will sell, if at all, will be if we're in The PL.
smuts
Has liked: 1533 likes
Total likes: 1494 likes

Post by smuts »

Humbug wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:20 pm As I said before, Pellers & Co (including the SGB) have deeply and possibly irreparably damaged our club. Allowing Pellers/Husillo and their sons to scout for players is a recipe for corruption and paybacks. They bought lots of shady overpriced players completely unsuitable for the PL . The rocky foundations are now set and all we can hope for is a bit of luck between now and the end of the season.
8 million on Sanchez and Balbuena? :o