Liverpool/Newcastle/Man Utd -Hammers United pressure secures free coaches

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

Cottee

Liverpool/Newcastle/Man Utd -Hammers United pressure secures free coaches

Post by Cottee » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:46 am

Tickets for our Premier League away fixture at Liverpool on Monday 24 February are now on sale and West Ham United is pleased to once again offer free return coach travel to any supporters attending the game.

This follows the offer which was in place for our fixture at Sheffield United earlier this month and, with limited travel options available back to London from Merseyside after the evening kick-off at Anfield on Monday 24 February, the Club has stepped in to assist supporters on their journey home. Click here for full details.

The Club can confirm the free coach offer will also be in operation for the match at Newcastle United over the Easter weekend on Saturday 11 April and the final away game of the season at Manchester United on the weekend of Saturday 9 May (both fixture dates are still subject to TV scheduling).

Following weeks of planning and productive discussions with members of the Official Supporters Board through its eight subgroups – ticketing, Junior Supporters’ Board and the recently-launched BAME Hammers amongst them – who are driving forward ideas and plans in collaboration with the Club for the benefit of all supporters. They represent the many different and varied sections of the Club’s vast fanbase, with a number of ideas and suggestions having been put forward and actioned as part of our continued commitment to offering Hammers fans from all backgrounds the best possible supporter experience, however they choose to follow the Club.

We are therefore pleased to also confirm the following for our supporters:

Three complimentary mascot packages at each game are being made available from the 2020/21 campaign via a ballot to all Junior Season Ticket Holders and Claret Kids members aged between 6-12. This comes following positive and continued discussions with our Junior Supporters Board sub-group.

A new reward scheme for all of our Under-16 Season Ticket Holders and members, giving them the opportunity to win prizes such as mascot packages, meet and greets with first team players, and special matchday experiences.

The a launch of a new dedicated membership scheme for all West Ham United supporters based outside of the United Kingdom, designed to help them feel closer to the Club and ensure they are rewarded for their unique support with regular offers and opportunities.
Further information on the above will be provided across club channels and platforms, but if you have any questions or wish to obtain further information, you can contact the relevant representative on the OSB or get in touch directly with our Supporter Services team at supporterservices@westhamunited.co.uk.

The Official Supporters’ Board has a packed agenda for its next meeting on 12 February, where there will be an update on the reconfiguration of seating which will bring fans closer to the action at London Stadium, plans to erect a new statue at Champions Place and celebrations around the Club’s 125th anniversary, as well as discussing a number of further initiatives and plans for the benefit of our supporters, while the OSB also expects to ratify the plans for the evolution of the election process which was agreed to be taken forward on 8 October 2019. Click here for minutes.

Official Supporters’ Board Chair David Baker said: “We’ve worked closely with the Club throughout this season on a number of initiatives, some of which the Club has announced today. The OSB exists to represent as many supporters as we can through the range of fans’ groups which sit on the board. We’re here to offer the widest spectrum of views from our huge and diverse fanbase, and we exist to help the Club make the supporter experience as rewarding as possible.

“We meet regularly with the Club and we’re also in daily contact with senior staff, putting forward the fans' views and ideas to the right people. We feel a duty to share those opinions and give the fans a voice, whether it’s positive or negative f*** we will always deliver your message constructively.”

West Ham United are extremely fortunate to have a wonderfully loyal and devoted fanbase, stretching across the globe. We have 54,000 Season Ticket holders at London Stadium, one of the most dedicated and passionate away followings in the country, thousands of members in the UK, thousands more supporting us from every continent and millions all around the world following us through our various communication platforms.

The Club and the OSB are working together to do everything they possibly can to make West Ham United an open and inclusive and friendly environment for our supporters, no matter what their background, age, race, religion or sexuality, or however they choose to follow the Club.

Our duty is to all West Ham United supporters who follow and dedicate so much to their Club.

https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/202 ... -announced
Last edited by the pink palermo on Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Credit where it is due

S-H

Re: More free travel - Liverpool/Newcastle/Man Utd

Post by S-H » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:47 am

Is this down to Hammers United?

Cottee

Post by Cottee » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:48 am

S-H wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:47 am
They're crediting the OSB...

the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Post by the pink palermo » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:50 am

S-H wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:47 am
I think it's fair to give them credit for this.

A well organised peaceful static protest that had 2,000 at showed the club this was not 3 keyboard warriors in a broom cupboard.

Supporters have legitmate grievences and the Hammers United team have done a good job bringing them to the fore.

hammerman11

Post by hammerman11 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:50 am

about time a lot of PL clubs have been doing it for years !

I see Newcastle have their tickets for £10 tomoroow all seats. how come I have had to pay £20 to watch our dross ?.

S-H

Post by S-H » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:55 am

the pink palermo wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:50 am
I think it's fair to give them credit for this.

A well organised peaceful static protest that had 2,000 at showed the club this was not 3 keyboard warriors in a broom cupboard.

Supporters have legitmate grievences and the Hammers United team have done a good job bringing them to the fore.

:thup:

Knighter10WHU

Post by Knighter10WHU » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:56 am

hammerman11 wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:50 am
about time a lot of PL clubs have been doing it for years !

I see Newcastle have their tickets for £10 tomoroow all seats. how come I have had to pay £20 to watch our dross ?.
Simple case of supply and demand - proven right with the fact we are near enough sold out for tomorrows game. Newcastle have been struggling to sell out all season with Bruce as manager even in the Premier League.

Mega Ron

Post by Mega Ron » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:59 am

It's obviously a coincidence that all this has happened now.

I bet most on the SAB haven't even heard about these initiatives.

Billy Hunt

Post by Billy Hunt » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:24 am

All good positive stuff, all a bit of a massive coincidence too...

So, since word spread of the protests, superbly organised by Hammers United (a group which is seeking to gain a recognised position as a fan group with the club), and the subsequent success of the protests, we have had each of our charmless board members come out with public comments and now we have this crediting, the OSB

You couldn't make it up could you.

The sad thing is the significant number of sheep within our support will lap it up and confirm to them what a great bunch GSB are.

Hence the protests need to continue, and need to do so with wider exposure.

Keep up the good work all those involved and if you haven't joined/backed what has happened so far I implore you to do so

Doc H Ball

Post by Doc H Ball » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:34 am

The Club continues to wesponise the OSB.

There’s a dig in there about them representing all fans. Baker, in fact, just represents himself.

Either a fully independent FSF recognised supporters group or nothing.

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

Re: Liverpool/Newcastle/Man Utd -Hammers United pressure secures free coaches

Post by Up the Junction » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:56 am

How unlike the board and the OSB to claim credit for someone else's idea!

https://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=133499

Well done, Hammers United. That's #1 of 40 ticked off.

Faithless
Location: On a bubble nearing the sky.....Born 7 days too late...39 years n counting...Win a cup lads...

Post by Faithless » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:58 am

If the club put as much effort into our player recruitment policy and long term strategy as they do into press releases and media spin, we'd be comfortably challenging for European football every season.

sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Post by sanchoz » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:01 am

Cottee wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:46 am
Tickets for our Premier League away fixture at Liverpool on Monday 24 February are now on sale and West Ham United is pleased to once again offer free return coach travel to any supporters attending the game.
Good news, however the pick off and drop off is at the aquatic centre. If for example there was a pick up at the Redbridge Roundabout and junction 27 of the M25, that would be a great assistance to fans.
Cottee wrote:

This follows the offer which was in place for our fixture at Sheffield United earlier this month and, with limited travel options available back to London from Merseyside after the evening kick-off at Anfield on Monday 24 February, the Club has stepped in to assist supporters on their journey home. Click here for full details.
Offered three days before hand when people had already made plans/arrangements. At least this is in advance so people can plan accordingly.
Cottee wrote:
The Club can confirm the free coach offer will also be in operation for the match at Newcastle United over the Easter weekend on Saturday 11 April and the final away game of the season at Manchester United on the weekend of Saturday 9 May (both fixture dates are still subject to TV scheduling).
Good. Again, point about pick up and drop off points.
Cottee wrote:
Following weeks of planning and productive discussions with members of the Official Supporters Board through its eight subgroups – ticketing, Junior Supporters’ Board and the recently-launched BAME Hammers amongst them – who are driving forward ideas and plans in collaboration with the Club for the benefit of all supporters. They represent the many different and varied sections of the Club’s vast fanbase, with a number of ideas and suggestions having been put forward and actioned as part of our continued commitment to offering Hammers fans from all backgrounds the best possible supporter experience, however they choose to follow the Club.
BAME hammers being a construct created from an OSB sub group, pretty much an in-house organisation of WHUFC with its chair an active supporter of the OSB construct as a whole. Get the feeling its been created in part to try and pass a veil of legitimacy to the OSB when BAME Hammers starts to work with Kick It Out and the FSA. Rather then being a creation from within the fan base, its fully created from within the OSB environment and its pitch side launch on the 18th January this year was sponsored by a commercial property business.
Cottee wrote:
We are therefore pleased to also confirm the following for our supporters:

Three complimentary mascot packages at each game are being made available from the 2020/21 campaign via a ballot to all Junior Season Ticket Holders and Claret Kids members aged between 6-12. This comes following positive and continued discussions with our Junior Supporters Board sub-group.

A new reward scheme for all of our Under-16 Season Ticket Holders and members, giving them the opportunity to win prizes such as mascot packages, meet and greets with first team players, and special matchday experiences.
Funny how you do not need something like Socios.com and its pay to have your say model to offer this kind of initiative. Also, I do not know at all so I ask an open question, would the club be allowed to target market under age children without a parents/guardians consent or is consent given when a child is signed up to be an underage season ticket holder/member?
Cottee wrote:
The a launch of a new dedicated membership scheme for all West Ham United supporters based outside of the United Kingdom, designed to help them feel closer to the Club and ensure they are rewarded for their unique support with regular offers and opportunities.
Further information on the above will be provided across club channels and platforms, but if you have any questions or wish to obtain further information, you can contact the relevant representative on the OSB or get in touch directly with our Supporter Services team at supporterservices@westhamunited.co.uk.
Devil is in the detail so reserve judgement for now. Also, who exactly is this or any other rep, especially as there is one that springs to mind who promotes himself on twitter as being on the OSB, but is never featured within the match day programme or on the OSB website to this day. Also, OSB reps are under no obligation to actually pass on your issues raised or respond to any communication you send, no matter how polite you are. Pretty much you email supporter services its either Jake Heath or Meg.
Cottee wrote:
The Official Supporters’ Board has a packed agenda for its next meeting on 12 February
Where you submit questions in advance and still have to follow the clubs rules and "terms of reference". No a creation by the fans, for the fans but for the club, tightly controlled by the club.
Cottee wrote:
where there will be an update on the reconfiguration of seating which will bring fans closer to the action at London Stadium, plans to erect a new statue at Champions Place and celebrations around the Club’s 125th anniversary, as well as discussing a number of further initiatives and plans for the benefit of our supporters, while the OSB also expects to ratify the plans for the evolution of the election process which was agreed to be taken forward on 8 October 2019. Click here for minutes.
Minutes taken by the club and published by the club as its their construct. Have visions of this anniversary they intend to celebrate being like the Hammerhead reveal when we were in the 2nd division.

Also, this seating configuration directly affects me and I have not heard a single thing from the football club beyond their overarching press release. I will not be discussing anything to do with this with the "OSB Rep" for my stand (who has never reached out to me or anyone else that I know of. Will ask them Saturday if they could name him/pick him out of a line up). My season ticket is with the football club and I will be taking this directly to the ISA's for West Ham to make representations on my behalf and those other affected as this seating change that's being proposed is a fundamental change to the seat I was sold at the reservation centre when I chose my seat (attended with one other representing 7 in total).

"Evolution" of the election process? Considering there was no election before the 2019/20 season started and there is nothing to states that the OSB selection process that took place around the start of the 2018/19 season was a 2 year term, I personally take this with a pinch of salt and wonder who came up with the idea. How independent of Brady and Warren is this "evolution"? Why do the football club keep trying to put up Jim Dolan to sit with the ISA's at West Ham United to try and explain this "evolution" on behalf of the club? What hat is he wearing, his Pride of Irons hat or his OSB hat in that intended discussion? Why is the football club trying to put up someone who is not a club employee to try and defend the clubs construct and amendments to that club created construct?
Cottee wrote:
Official Supporters’ Board Chair David Baker
Hi David.
Cottee wrote:
said: “We’ve worked closely with the Club throughout this season on a number of initiatives, some of which the Club has announced today. The OSB exists to represent as many supporters as we can through the range of fans’ groups which sit on the board. We’re here to offer the widest spectrum of views from our huge and diverse fanbase, and we exist to help the Club make the supporter experience as rewarding as possible.

“We meet regularly with the Club and we’re also in daily contact with senior staff, putting forward the fans' views and ideas to the right people. We feel a duty to share those opinions and give the fans a voice, whether it’s positive or negative f*** we will always deliver your message constructively.”
"Fan Groups" on the OSB:

Pride of Irons (LGBTQI* seat guaranteed on the OSB under their rules)
BAME Hammers (Formed out of an OSB sub group and is an extension of such)
Supporters Club

Also, its a shame Mr Baker talks about offering "the widest spectrum of views from our huge and diverse fanbase" but chooses to ridicule, deride, dismiss and block anyone who he considers as tweeting "negative and destructive" content. Use to speak about "unifying the fan base" but all he has done is turn people away from supporting the construct he heads up. I think it was Bubbles who said in his interview with West Ham Fan TV who said "Baker vs Bill Gardner. Who would win?" with regards to who the wider fan base would actually support in a truly democratic construct. As Doc says, he represents himself.
Cottee wrote:
West Ham United are extremely fortunate to have a wonderfully loyal and devoted fanbase, stretching across the globe. We have 54,000 Season Ticket holders at London Stadium, one of the most dedicated and passionate away followings in the country, thousands of members in the UK, thousands more supporting us from every continent and millions all around the world following us through our various communication platforms.
However you do not act like that in what you do on a day to day basis. Words on a computer screen, that's all that is. No amount of attempting to suck up with words in something published on whufc.com will work.
Cottee wrote:
The Club and the OSB are working together to do everything they possibly can to make West Ham United an open and inclusive and friendly environment for our supporters, no matter what their background, age, race, religion or sexuality, or however they choose to follow the Club.
Strange thing to add within the context of this news release. Are they saying that West Ham United as it currently stands is not "an open and inclusive and friendly environment for our supporters, no matter what their background, age, race, religion or sexuality"?
Cottee wrote:
Our duty is to all West Ham United supporters who follow and dedicate so much to their Club.
Act like it then.

sanchoz

Post by sanchoz » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:05 am

Up the Junction wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:56 am
How unlike the board and the OSB to claim credit for someone else's idea!

https://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=133499

Well done, Hammers United. That's #1 of 40 ticked off.
Person behind asking WHUFC about sanitary products (Esther) was messaging the "OSB Womens" rep for months on end. Nothing doing and sometimes no replies. The H List picks up on this and also starts to begin championing the cause. WHUISA saw H List raising the profile and reach out to Esther and find out the back story of non-communications and no progress (and that the womens rep changed at some point early last year with no announcement or election/selection process for a replacement). Make representations to the football club and then the OSB suddenly pick up on the subject.

EDIT - Well done HU

Doc H Ball

Post by Doc H Ball » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:55 am

That is an excellent dissection Sanchoz.

GaryP

Post by GaryP » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:20 pm

sanchoz wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:01 am
OSB blah blah ...
Brilliantly done Sanchoz. I think this needs putting on the front page boss !

sanchoz

Post by sanchoz » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:44 pm

GaryP wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:20 pm
Brilliantly done Sanchoz. I think this needs putting on the front page boss !
I'd leave it as
OSB blah blah
Also, if it goes on the front page my horrible grammar and where I accidentally repeated myself would need to be sorted out and it would have to be published under a name where David Baker doesn't again use it in an attempt to personally attack people like he did months ago, or does not threaten another law suit against KUMB.

The Old Man of Storr

Post by The Old Man of Storr » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:05 pm

Pressure them for Free Beer for the return journey.....to drown your sorrows . :D

Bloody Good Work , Hammers United . :thup: :crest:

sussexhammer74

Post by sussexhammer74 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:33 pm

That's the transfer budget urinated up the wall.

Seriously well done to HU :thup:

Can see WHU now splashing this all over the media now. See we do talk to our supporter groups (SCAB/OSB or whatever they are called). What are that lot over there, protesting, going on about?

Good breakdown that Sanchoz.

upton o'good

Post by upton o'good » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:05 pm

Impressive what putting them under pressure will do. Hopeully next a box to box midfielder...

I ahve never done the coach - but seriously considering it. How does it work - do they send you a ticket? Do you have to take i/d? and most of all is it dry?

they seemed to be suggesting an 11 departure for 8 pm kick off in Lpool - which sounds way early. they arrive a few hours before the game?