West Ham Utd 0-2 Liverpool (29/01/20)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Re: West Ham Utd v Liverpool: match thread

Post by fjthegrey »

Beavis Danzig wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:30 pm everyone is expecting either a caning or a miracle, i think it'll be a fairly routine 0-2. we'll hold out long than most predict, they'll get the first before half time and the second shortly after.
Yep, I agree.

This will be utterly joyless for both teams. A routine, unremarkable win for them with energy conserved. A totally insipid, damage limitation from the off from us with virtually no attacking intent.

I think they'll have at least 65% possession, but it wouldn't surprise me if it ended up closer to 80%.
El Brooko

Post by El Brooko »

Burnley Hammer wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:33 pm -------------------randolph

zabaleta------diop------ogbonna------cresswell

-----Snodgrass-----Rice-----Noble

-------------Lanzini-----Fornals

--------------------Antonio

No point having wingers. Just compact the centre of the park and hope to counter
We need wide midfielders to track the runs and put pressure on their full backs. They are so vital to Liverpool.
Effectively our wingers need to mark their fullbacks. They will be dragged out if playing central anyway so lets make sure everyone knows their job.
TAA and Robertson with time and no pressure would be bad news
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

If Liverpool are quite clearly 3 or 4 nil up and coasting, can see it turning pretty nasty in the stands towards our current owners. Would not be put down to "negativity from fans" affecting player performance.
Happyhammer52
Has liked: 148 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Happyhammer52 »

Beavis Danzig wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:30 pm everyone is expecting either a caning or a miracle, i think it'll be a fairly routine 0-2. we'll hold out long than most predict, they'll get the first before half time and the second shortly after.

they won't want any more injuries with mane out and the CL not long round the corner, we won't be interested in anything other than keeping the score respectable.
This, they seem to manage games a lot better now. As soon as they get one, they are more than happy to just keep the ball. From their last ten league games they've only won by over three or more goals on three occasions.

West Ham 0-9 Liverpool incoming then.

I don't expect anything to happen during the game, it's the Brighton one that will get nasty.
AnthraxDave
Has liked: 106 likes
Total likes: 151 likes

Post by AnthraxDave »

We're gunna get smashed to pieces. Wouldn't surprise me if it is a record Away Win in the Premier League era.
Part of me can't ****ing wait!
Depressed Hammer

Post by Depressed Hammer »

sirwilliambonds wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:06 pm Agreed re 3 at the back. I would play Mick at right wing back for this one though, simply cannot have Zaba on the pitch for this game. My team would be:
Randy
Mick Oggy Isa Cressy Arthur
Nobes Rice
Lanzini Haller Fornals

I know Haller has been absolutely gash lately and he doesn't look capable of scoring anything from outside 8 yards but we don't have anyone else. Ajeti was astoundingly bad at the weekend, I was mystified when Moyes kept him on. Play Mick at right wing back, he'll give that Roberston something to think about. He got absolutely ripped a new one by Traore last week so won't fancy Mick running at him.
I appreciate Lanzini has also been poor for a while but he does he has form against Liverpool and the boy has got quality. This just might be the game where he brings it.
Love that line up mate but no manger has put Micky at RWB since Bilic. Makes sense with Freddy out which is why it wont happen.
One change i would make is Masuaku/. No way he gets in my team after watching Leicesters 2 nd goal. Without the ball he is brain dead so Balbuena in that center 3 with Cress as WB
sirwilliambonds

Post by sirwilliambonds »

Depressed Hammer wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:51 pm Love that line up mate but no manger has put Micky at RWB since Bilic. Makes sense with Freddy out which is why it wont happen.
One change i would make is Masuaku/. No way he gets in my team after watching Leicesters 2 nd goal. Without the ball he is brain dead so Balbuena in that center 3 with Cress as WB
I know what you mean about Arthur, however, we don't have anything to lose and I like to see him run at people.
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5556 likes
Total likes: 3054 likes

Post by MB »

I don’t ever want to see Masuaku in our half unless it is tracking back from the wing! Total liability.
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 728 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

sanchoz wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:40 pm If Liverpool are quite clearly 3 or 4 nil up and coasting, can see it turning pretty nasty in the stands towards our current owners. Would not be put down to "negativity from fans" affecting player performance.
Good. Maybe that'll be what it takes.
Depressed Hammer

MB wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:45 pm I don’t ever want to see Masuaku in our half unless it is tracking back from the wing! Total liability.
I have played many games of football and watched thousands of games over the years and have never seen a player like Masuaku who is so bad without the ball. He does not fill his area space when defending. He lets players get round the back of him. He is careless around our box and is totally inept at defending. The worrying thing for me is that he has been here long enough under 3 managers to improve that side of his game so either he gets match nerves or is simply too relaxed to care.
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

In a way & I hate saying this, as soon as Livarpool score the first, we should have a gentleman's agreement & just have a friendly kick about, the rest of the game.
We keep our goal difference down & don't pick up any silly injuries or bookings.
I know it would be ridiculous but then thanks to GSB, so are we.
Depressed Hammer

We are going to lose whatever the line up so why not give Sanchez a lesson for coming here on Holiday for a 60 grand a week or whatever he is on pay day. Rest Rice and Noble. Have Sanchez as the only holding mid player . A game he will never forget in a west ham shirt
Depressed Hammer

Samba wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:12 pm In a way & I hate saying this, as soon as Livarpool score the first, we should have a gentleman's agreement & just have a friendly kick about, the rest of the game.
We keep our goal difference down & don't pick up any silly injuries or bookings.
I know it would be ridiculous but then thanks to GSB, so are we.
After the 3rd goal Klopp will rest key players. he has bigger fish to fry lol. 4-0 Liverpool in 3rd gear
Depressed Hammer

We get used to Premier League team names. I mean if we were playing Bayen Munich Wednesday or Barcelona we wouldnt even put ourselves through that and watch. Liverpool are as good if not better.
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

on the plus side it's freezing cold and pissing it down today so at least the lads will be enduring a thoroughly unenjoyable afternoon.
Last edited by Beavis Danzig on Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pob!
Has liked: 1017 likes
Total likes: 676 likes

Post by Pob! »

The one guarantee is that we will be in the bottom 3 when the final whistle is blown..
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Our only hope of avoiding defeat is to proclaim just before the game our players are all coughing and sneezing after signing autographs for some Chinese fan.
sirwilliambonds

Post by sirwilliambonds »

Depressed Hammer wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:11 pm I have played many games of football and watched thousands of games over the years and have never seen a player like Masuaku who is so bad without the ball. He does not fill his area space when defending. He lets players get round the back of him. He is careless around our box and is totally inept at defending. The worrying thing for me is that he has been here long enough under 3 managers to improve that side of his game so either he gets match nerves or is simply too relaxed to care.
Completely agree, however, that is also the joy of Arthur. Nobody knows what he is going to do, including him. That is why he is such a threat going forward. I'd like to see him have a run at TAA. Personally, I think Robertson is, at best, an average full back and TAA isn't much better. Granted he is a world beater going forward and can certainly cross a ball but he never has to do any actual defending because they win every game too easily and have about 80% possession.
In my dreams we play Mick and Arthur as wingbacks who, in a stunning reversal of the form book, run absolute riot and rip both Liverpool fullbacks a new one.
Cellar-door
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 298 likes

Post by Cellar-door »

Depressed Hammer wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:14 pm We are going to lose whatever the line up so why not give Sanchez a lesson for coming here on Holiday for a 60 grand a week or whatever he is on pay day. Rest Rice and Noble. Have Sanchez as the only holding mid player . A game he will never forget in a west ham shirt
He'll be sent off in the 25th minute when Salah goes around him and Sanchez chops him down.
daytimedave
Has liked: 273 likes
Total likes: 87 likes

Post by daytimedave »

looking at a 0-4 , 0-5 spanking , hopefully we can get through the game with out any injuries,and focus on the more important game against Brighton on the saturday .