Trial seperation

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

lincolnhammer1963

Trial seperation

Post by lincolnhammer1963 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:17 pm

If push comes to shove: and I feel like I need a break.
I may take the decision to have a trial seperation.
The problem is that I think I would enjoy the freedom of not being trapped in a crap relationship with my current love.

After a few weeks of being apart, would I come to the conclusion that I can manage without you.
Then the real problem would be.
Could I fall in love with something else
Rugby
Hill walking
Weekends away with the wife
Another football team

Or would I see the error of my ways and go back to my one and only true love.
Tell me what you would do !!

Kialos

Re: Trial seperation

Post by Kialos » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:41 pm

I've done it.

When I worked to a strict shift pattern in the 80s I stopped going to games for a few years and I was someone that would go every week since I was a kid with school mates. I was really surprised at how quickly I adjusted to not going to games. I thought it was going to be the end of my world but it wasn't. Then when I come off shifts I started going again and got back into the swing of it, but as things stand with the club and the game generally at present I know I wouldn't miss attending the LS one bit. Even away games are losing their shine. I've got other stuff that can easily replace West Ham London but I am holding off for now as I know if I do stop, I'll likely never go back.

Alan Pardew's Dad

Post by Alan Pardew's Dad » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:54 pm

I must confess, I’ve been cheating.

I’ve been going to Bristol Rugby instead. Drink beer in the stands, can actually see the pitch and I’ve thoroughly enjoyed being in a real stadium.

I’ve not missed the London Stadium, though the Boleyn is a place that will live with me forever. :crest:

Mega Ron

Post by Mega Ron » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:03 am

I've only really come back because of the work done by Hammers United.

There's a glimmer of hope there, and it feels time that we almost have our club back. Regardless of the **** stadium

westham,eggyandchips

Post by westham,eggyandchips » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:14 am

We broke up in May 2016.

We've very occasionally had break-up sex a handful of times since.

It gets easier though.

LOS

Post by LOS » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:22 am

I'm going through this right now.

Didn't renew my ST for this season, and although it hurt, and had to search my soul and be honest with myself that I just couldn't stomach the tax payers arena. So, we junked it. But sadly that also meant access to away tickets were also severed due to no ST. We moved across from UP, but I only enjoyed 2 games / visits in 3 years at the new place (Chelsea Cup and Spurs, both in that 1st season)

I'm still going to games.......just not West Ham games. I've been letting my little lad choose a random game or 2 each month, and our plan is to slowly do the 92. (I've done most of 'em, but my lad aint).

My boy always likes to go in wth the homes fans in the lariy bit. I quite enjoy it, but its weird having no passion for either team playing. We're off to Derby this coming weekend. Brentford in a couple of weeks. Accrington Stanley, and Leeds on the cards too. Had some nice days out so far.

.........I will come back to West Ham when either, GSB naff off, or we are relegated, or we move out of that stadium. Its the status quo I cant be a part of anymroe.

Roll on the 29th protest

rigoberts song

Post by rigoberts song » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:34 am

We've been drifting for years it started when she said she wanted to try a bond scheme .
After that she told me we had to revert to all seater and
It became more expensive.
I started to resent the amounts of money her freinds were being paid when they turned up at our house.
Then she announced we were moving .In my mind on that day in May 2016 I knew it was over forever.
We had spent 45 happy years together.
I tried 3 or 4 times visiting her in her new home but she seemed distant and the home seemed full of strangers.
I have a new life now and spend my time doing other things I cling on to the wonderful memories I have and the great times we shared together.

Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton

Post by Puff Daddy » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:35 am

If there is one thing that is worse than being alone, it is being alone in a relationship that is not working

Porkeyes

Post by Porkeyes » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:35 am

My son and I only went for the first season at the dump and now pick and choose random games , much like you LOS. We did Brentford v Boro on Saturday , ground amongst the houses, 3-2 home win, standing up behind the goal, small kids up on the floodlight bases to get a better view, decent pubs and a front 3 that clearly give a ****! Great day out but just a tinge of sadness as to what we have lost.

Greatest Cockney Rip Off

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:37 am

I'm well over it now. I'll never go to the souless bowl ever again. I'll watch the games on a stream or on TV but as for going, no way Pedro.

There's a really decent little club near the Lord Stanley that my mate has told me about and I think a couple of people on here have been too that's really cheap beer-wise, got free grub too on occasion and every home and away game shown too. Might have to make that an alternative.

Denzil

Post by Denzil » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:46 am

The problem is, you leave her and end up with another nutter. The only team I could feasibly follow, given family connections, reside in North London and wear white. Spit. So I have had to commit to a lifetime of unhappiness, misery and just getting on with it, wishing down the days.

Georgee Paris

Post by Georgee Paris » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:46 am

I’m getting the silent treatment at the moment.

rigoberts song

Post by rigoberts song » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:47 am

In addition my girlfriend is an afc Wimbledon fan so I've been going to a few lower league grounds with her.It's been quite nice visting new places and mixing
With real fans also a chance to tick off a few more grounds.lovely just turning up and paying to go in.
Couldn't ever support them as I'm West Ham through and through the real West Ham not Bradys West Ham London.

Georgee Paris

Post by Georgee Paris » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:51 am

This reminds me of an ex I knew that said I’d like it up the arsenal. She was a wrongun.

Penfold711

Post by Penfold711 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:39 am

I've been going to my local team, Worthing United of the Southern Combination League (div 1), recently. It's a pretty good afternoon out with a clubhouse serving drinks at a decent price and just £2.50 for a pretty good bacon roll. I still can't bring myself to cheer them on as it's not West Ham but at least there's no VAR and entry is only £5.

For those thinking of boycotting the LS, I recommend checking out your local team who probably need your money more than GSB.

fjthegrey

Post by fjthegrey » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:42 am

Flakey c****.

Yeah so she slaps you around a bit, it's a dice roll as to whether there's any food on the table when you get home and she only shags you at equinoxial intervals.

But when that meal is prepared, it's Michelin starred quality. And the sex, when it finally happens, is other worldly. Alright the slaps aren't great but you knew she was like that when you first met her.

You made this commitment. And this isn't a Church of England marriage that you can just annul either. This is an Islamic style soul bond. All sales are final, and if you want out it's eternal damnation in the deepest pits of fiery hell.

Mega Ron

Post by Mega Ron » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:57 am

fjthegrey wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:42 am
Flakey *****.
My least favourite kind.

The Old Man of Storr

Post by The Old Man of Storr » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:08 am

Mega Ron wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:57 am
My least favourite kind.
Are we talking necrophilia here or just a bad case of psoriasis ?

irving boleyn

Post by irving boleyn » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:08 am

Lovely post Mr gray :clap:

Pentonville

Post by Pentonville » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:44 am

That new stadium being opened by Brentford looks tempting, but will just have to cross the street and avoid eye-contact.