Trial seperation

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

Ironing Board

Re: Trial seperation

Post by Ironing Board » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:31 pm

debaser_74 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:20 pm
Let's face it, she's not chasing after me...
:lol: :lol: :D Harsh!

SiO

Post by SiO » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:21 pm

This is the best thread in ages. Funny bunch of ****ers are the West Ham followers. Very well written posts one and all, top foruming :scarfer:

Pentonville

Post by Pentonville » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:10 pm

Freud who as we all know spent a great deal of time trying to work out what why men (or at least middle class Austrian men of the late nineteenth century) find it so difficult to find satisfying love with a women, makes a comparison to the satisfaction alcohol gives the drinker:

“Is it not true that wine always provides the drinker with the same toxic satisfaction…. Has one ever heard of the drinker being obliged constantly to change his drink because he soon grows tired of keeping to the same one? On the contrary, habit constantly tightens the bond between a man and the kind of wine he drinks. Does one ever hear of a drinker who needs to go to a country where wine is dearer or drinking is prohibited, so that by introducing obstacles he can reinforce the dwindling satisfaction that he obtains?" - But he goes on to say that “It is my belief that, however strange it may sound, we must reckon with the possibility that something in the nature of the sexual instinct itself is unfavourable to the realisation of complete satisfaction” .

Well there we have my relationship with West Ham in a nutshell. I love my beer, i don't need to make much effort to find it and get pleasure from it. But however much effort I put into supporting WHU , I am let down and denied the satisfaction i crave (and I blame you GSB)

Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:23 pm

Pentonville wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:10 pm
Freud who as we all know spent a great deal of time trying to work out what why men (or at least middle class Austrian men of the late nineteenth century) find it so difficult to find satisfying love with a women, makes a comparison to the satisfaction alcohol gives the drinker:

“Is it not true that wine always provides the drinker with the same toxic satisfaction…. Has one ever heard of the drinker being obliged constantly to change his drink because he soon grows tired of keeping to the same one? On the contrary, habit constantly tightens the bond between a man and the kind of wine he drinks. Does one ever hear of a drinker who needs to go to a country where wine is dearer or drinking is prohibited, so that by introducing obstacles he can reinforce the dwindling satisfaction that he obtains?" - But he goes on to say that “It is my belief that, however strange it may sound, we must reckon with the possibility that something in the nature of the sexual instinct itself is unfavourable to the realisation of complete satisfaction” .

Well there we have my relationship with West Ham in a nutshell. I love my beer, i don't need to make much effort to find it and get pleasure from it. But however much effort I put into supporting WHU , I am let down and denied the satisfaction i crave (and I blame you GSB)
Your Freudian musings remind me of the wonderful words of Dolly Parton:

Love is like a butterfly
As soft and gentle as a sigh
The multicolored moods of love are like its satin wings
But West Ham love makes your heart feel strange inside
For loving West Ham is not too bright
Unlike that gentle butterfly, it tends to f*** up everything

WCpete

Post by WCpete » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:26 pm

I mean, things were more or less fine until she wanted to swing with a couple sex toy loving octogenarian grandads. I can't look her in the eye at the moment.

Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Post by Colours never run » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:39 pm

WCpete wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:26 pm
I mean, things were more or less fine until she wanted to swing with a couple sex toy loving octogenarian grandads. I can't look her in the eye at the moment.
That's probably because she's currently got her head wedged firmly through a glory hole hoping to strike it lucky, whilst she's getting shafted hard behind her back. Be careful for what you wish for, sweetheart... :shock:

Depressed Hammer

Post by Depressed Hammer » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:12 am

No matter what journey the club and you take, you will always feel the same 10 mins before a kick off.

Pentonville

Post by Pentonville » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:02 pm

Unfortunately I don't get that expectation any more, except at away games. In fact, I tend to stay in pub longer nowadays ,much less bothered about missing first 5 mins or so (also has advantage of not standing at the queue for security for 20 mins).

sicknote
Plumbing the depths

Post by sicknote » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:02 pm

Depressed Hammer wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:12 am
No matter what journey the club and you take, you will always feel the same 10 mins before a kick off.
Drunk