Trial seperation

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

iLoveLasagne

Re: Trial seperation

Post by iLoveLasagne » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:17 am

I gotta come clean. I went to watch Luton v Cardiff at the weekend. It was just a one-off guys, I promise. Sure, she weren't the best looking, some may even say a bit rough. But I have to admit, it felt kinda nice. No regrets.

One Peter Butler

Post by One Peter Butler » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:59 am

The irony of this thread and it probably explains why this board is filled with pain and anxiety.

It is not your choice. West Ham left you and that is what we are all coming to terms with. What is more, she aint never coming back!

Bramwell

Post by Bramwell » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:24 pm

Trouble is, she may come back one day - just turn up on your door step, saying she regretted what she did in 2016 and wants to try again. But you just know that the temptation is to go back to the love you first knew, and not the one that left you.

I've been invited to Chelsea versus Everton in March (corporate box and all). I'll go with them, but I'll be thinking of West Ham pre-2016 while I'm doing it.

Soulman58

Post by Soulman58 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:48 pm

Separated years ago when was told to sit down! I wasn't taking that from anyone, especially with my long legs. The occasional lapse took me back, but never felt completely at home anymore, either at UP and definitely not LS.

Started watching local team Aldershot (where I was born), who are basically West Ham in disguise at a lower level, though they did manage to bankrupt themselves. Since then risen from lower leagues back into Div 2, only to be relegated again. Footie has varied between very entertaining and downright rubbish, ring a bell? Got lucky last year, were relegated out of National Conf, but stayed up due to crap finances elsewhere (can WH hope for this!?).

The pluses are nothing remotely like VAR, can move around easy, turn up 5 mins before kick off and walk in. The downside is when they lose I don't care anywhere near as much as I still do when the Hammers lose.

peter49uk

Post by peter49uk » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:08 pm

Separated years ago, but did play away a few times.....

Lovejoy2

Post by Lovejoy2 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:24 pm

People can kid themselves into thinking they don't care anymore but deep down no matter what happens you will always be West Ham, we will always want to know the scores and results, supporting West Ham is just like a marriage, you fall in love, you become inseparable, you have good days and you have bad days, you argue, you kiss and make up, you love them, you hate them, then you love them again, ultimately if you truly fell in love with West Ham in the first place you will never be able to stop loving them no matter what.

HammeredWasp

Post by HammeredWasp » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:12 pm

We are talking, just. But I go and see her younger sister (Wealdstone) as she is only 20mins from home

iLoveLasagne

Post by iLoveLasagne » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:15 pm

I think it is best if we just remain friends from now on.

bonzosbeard

Post by bonzosbeard » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:19 pm

HammeredWasp wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:12 pm
We are talking, just. But I go and see her younger sister (Wealdstone) as she is only 20mins from home
You could have a bit of both. Seeing one and then the other...

Unfortunately you'll never see them at exactly the same time unless there is a fantastic cup draw. Then all your dreams will come at once.

:)

Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham

Post by Burnley Hammer » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:30 pm

Contrary to what a lot of other people want....

If Moyes keeps us up and then he's sacked along with all his staff, I'll be massively disheartened. There's only so many managers I can stand being screwed over by this board. To be honest, there's probably better ways I could be spending my weekend anyway.

DrVenk

Post by DrVenk » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:37 pm

Mega Ron wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:03 am
I've only really come back because of the work done by Hammers United.

There's a glimmer of hope there, and it feels time that we almost have our club back. Regardless of the **** stadium
:thup:

And don't listen to Fj. He's a sadist selling you masochism.

:wink:

Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:43 pm

Voyeuristically I watch from afar in my underpants, seeing her get rammed time and time again from various angles. Occasionally coming from behind offers some joy, but too often I am left weeping as she is humiliated before hordes of aroused young men, whose cheers of ecstasy fill me with regret. Making it worse they have often only came into town for a brief one afternoon stand, seeing her as easy.

She promises she will do change her ways, and yet too often she will buckle and let them have their way with her. To make matters worse, she will often put up almost no resistance as they gleefully penetrate her backline.

But the potential of that orgasmic feeling of seeing her refuse to go down keeps me coming back for more.....

Etc etc!

fjthegrey

Post by fjthegrey » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:30 pm

DrVenk wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:37 pm
:thup:

And don't listen to Fj. He's a sadist selling you masochism.

:wink:
My dearest Dr,

Our views are aligned. Midst the disillusionment of our current guise, we need the stoic loyalty of our fan base. Not loyalty to the material reality of what West Ham is, but to the conceptual idea of what West Ham was and could be again. We won't get her back with disconnection, disillusionment, resignation and passiveness. We won't get her back with a myopic focus on all the reasons she isn't good enough right now either. I'm not preaching acquiescence, I'm preaching passion and love. What better reason is there to fight than for love?

West Ham is a much bigger idea than 3 owners and a sub-optimal stadium. She is worth loving, and consequently worth fighting for. She is bonds between family and friends, pure unadulterated joy, optimism and hope, artistry and grace, passion and belief. I see people saying that the owners have sucked out the soul of the club, but they haven't. The soul will always be there, because it's an idea. They can never take the idea.

Watched a film at the weekend and it ended with a quote by genius Austrian poet Rene Rilke.

Let everything happen to you
Beauty and terror
Just keep going
No feeling is final.

Can't give up on her now. She needs us more than ever. This isn't how she ends.

DrVenk

Post by DrVenk » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:49 pm

fjthegrey wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:30 pm
Our views are aligned
I think they are, Sir. Imagine that day, having crawled through an endless tunnel of sh*t, to finally see the demise of those who dare to taint and corrupt.

Redemption narratives. You can't beat them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzuM2XTnpSA

bristolhammerfc

Post by bristolhammerfc » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:14 pm

Alan Pardew's Dad wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:54 pm
I must confess, I’ve been cheating.

I’ve been going to Bristol Rugby instead. Drink beer in the stands, can actually see the pitch and I’ve thoroughly enjoyed being in a real stadium.

I’ve not missed the London Stadium, though the Boleyn is a place that will live with me forever. :crest:
I go to almost every Bristol Rugby home game. I love it.

I could quite easily give up football for good and just watch rugby

Where are you APD? We are in the Dolman

Beavis Danzig

Post by Beavis Danzig » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:18 pm

the problem FJ is that our support for our club will always be mobilised as a form of backing of the owners and the club killing vanity project they've inflicted on us. if we show the slightest bit of joy at winning a couple of games of football we are soon bombarded with "told you so's" and "see, the stadium's not so bad when you're winning is it?".

just as the russian revolution wouldn't have happened without catastrophic loses on the eastern front of WW1, i don't see how a resistance can be mustered without the tinderbox conditions that lingering at the bottom of the table creates.

how do we support our club without having it used against us and seen as vote of confidence?

The Old Man of Storr

Post by The Old Man of Storr » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:21 pm

It's Not Me...It's You .

You - You - You - You - You - You ............................You

Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Post by Colours never run » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:47 pm

The dozy Gold-digging slag initially left me for someone who could suddenly shower her with new shiny gifts and show her the bright lights of London. Thing is, she's now unsurprisingly miserable and longs to have me back, reminiscing of the good old days when we used to hang out together watching the football after a slap up meal at Nathan's. I'm torn because on the one hand I told her so and think that she should now lie in her new lavish soulless bed, but on the other hand I still yearn for one more night of passionate exhilaration to remind ourselves of just how good we used to have it on the regular. I'm not daft though and would definitely wear protection this time to prove to her how serious I am about her new lover by sporting a GSB OUT Tee in bed together. After the ride of her life, she will then need to make a decision, it's either GSB, or me .... (To be continued)

I think I've finally ran out of all my daily metaphor's for one day.

DaveWHU1964

Post by DaveWHU1964 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:57 pm

I never left her, she left me.

She took up with some rich, flawed geezer who had made his money from the sons and daughters of others. She was overwhelmed by him - then transformed into the image of him. To be honest I stopped recognising her anymore. The funny, passionate, very real and occasionally amazing woman that she'd been for decades became a cold, faceless, distant zombie like version of her former self.

I've finally come to terms with the fact I may never be with her again. That saddens me but I have to accept it as a possibility. Many mates still think she's alright but more and more are seeing her for what she now is.

Despite everything recently I've seen some hope and it's made me realise I don't want to give up on her. She was after all everything to me for over forty years and deep down, I believe she has a good heart. I don't think it will ever be the same again - we've 'gone through so much **** together recently. But I remember forty years ago when she wore a claret ribbon for me in the merry month of May and took to me to heights that I didn't think possible. So I'm going to make an effort starting on the 29th of this month.

Thing is I think she meant the same to many others - I'm expecting company that day :)

RichieRiv

Post by RichieRiv » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:10 pm

...to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part.

I take my vows seriously, but reading this thread it's little wonder that marriage is in decline and divorce rates so high.