Ex players views on the current situation

Does exactly what it says on the tin - the forum for football-related discussion.

Moderators: chalks, the pink palermo, -DL-, Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc

flysohigh

Ex players views on the current situation

Post by flysohigh » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:25 pm

Lomas & Gale have chipped in this week on the board are doing good things and the problem is the fans etc and today on Talksport Paul Konchesky talked about wishing he could have played at the great stadium and how the fans should be getting behind the team (which we are). He was clearly trying to undermine the protest (fed questions to do so by Jim White as ever) and side with the board which is his right but I think we should name and shame those who are against the fans views and remember when there is a new board in place that their gravy train is over.

Expect more board manipulation as we get nearer to the 29th. I'm pretty sure you wont get Alvin TC Bonzo or PDC playing the board puppet theme. They are proper West Ham.

Next time their is an event an evening with Lomas/Gale/ Konchesky I suggest boycott as obviously its all about the $.

fmgod

Re: Ex players views on the current situation

Post by fmgod » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:27 pm

The annoying thing is in the case of Konchesky, he is one of us, born in Barking, he is a lifelong supporter of West Ham United and has had a season-ticket
Last edited by fmgod on Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Post by sanchoz » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:35 pm

Paul Konchesky being on the direct payroll of WHUFC.

flysohigh

Post by flysohigh » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:35 pm

Yep, but now on the payroll working with the academy.

mumbles87

Post by mumbles87 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:36 pm

fmgod wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:27 pm
The annoying thing is in the case of Konchesky, he is one of us, borin in Barking, ee is a lifelong supporter of West Ham United and hS a season-ticket

Are you really surprised? He is currently a coach in the academy.. slag your boss off he might aswell sign his p45

e-20

Post by e-20 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:38 pm

fmgod wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:27 pm
The annoying thing is in the case of Konchesky, he is one of us, borin in Barking, ee is a lifelong supporter of West Ham United and hS a season-ticket
Sadly not the brightest brick in a very thick wall. Some are selling their soul for the inevitable inducements (we know where our transfer budgets are going) but others have no doubt been contacted by the PR dept and told th old story of impending doom if we are relegated and often through gritted teeth start spreading a mildish version of the company line. Let's be honest many fans do it too. For a very few it's just about getting extra big helpings of Apple pie. Certainly interesting that Talksport are persistently fronting this for the club beyond the call of duty. Problem is most news outlets will take a break from reporting the other side till it becomes newsworthy again.

Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread

Post by Ben » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:39 pm

Yeah anyone on the payroll will trott this rubbish out
I honestly think anyone who isn’t is getting some kind of kick back for taking this stance

Heysel76

Post by Heysel76 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:40 pm

Unless you see the players' lips move in time, there's a good chance it is "written on their behalf"

bonzosbeard

Post by bonzosbeard » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:42 pm

Jim White and Paul Konchesky can both join the FRO department as far as I'm concerned.

flysohigh

Post by flysohigh » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:47 pm

mumbles87 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:36 pm
Are you really surprised? He is currently a coach in the academy.. slag your boss off he might aswell sign his p45
I get it Mumbles but he could just say nothing. People talk about legends of the club but the true legends are those that are fans also. They cannot be brought.

e17

Post by e17 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:48 pm

Tony Gale was done up like a kipper by being added to that Sun article where Lomas called supporters idiots.

He’s spoken out at events AND if you read his comments back, they’re tacked on out of context at the end.

Lomas can go f*** himself though. Squeaky voiced ugly ****.

e17

Post by e17 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:49 pm

flysohigh wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:47 pm
I get it Mumbles but he could just say nothing. People talk about legends of the club but the true legends are those that are fans also. They cannot be brought.
Sir Trevor claimed we’d thrown coins at the dildos and he’s very definitely a fan of WHU

Kialos

Post by Kialos » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:06 pm

Brooking said he'd been told coins had been thrown.

His words were then turned around and it ended up being reported he'd seen it himself.

iLoveLasagne

Post by iLoveLasagne » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:19 pm

flysohigh wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:25 pm

Expect more board manipulation as we get nearer to the 29th. I'm pretty sure you wont get Alvin TC Bonzo or PDC playing the board puppet theme. They are proper West Ham.

Next time their is an event an evening with Lomas/Gale/ Konchesky I suggest boycott as obviously its all about the $.
Isn't Cottee on the payroll at times? I thought he might be an ambassador who does stadium tour appearances or something. I have heard him be critical at times but am sure I have heard him display some support for the board too. A lot of players probably have mixed loyalty especially those who still earn a living from the game in some capacity.

Mega Ron

Post by Mega Ron » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:25 pm

I don't think most players know or experience the game as we do. Most don't really support a club. Their affiliations are also changeable throughout their careers.

They often see it as a job, the playing and coaching, and I don't think they ever truly understand what it is to be a fan.
Last edited by Mega Ron on Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:28 pm

Former players are just people at the end of the day. Some will not understand the multitude of issues, others will think the board are following a decent enough strategy and some will be against what they think is the destruction of the West Ham legacy. But I don't think it is fair to always assume those that are pro-board are purely just saying so for financial gain. Some will just have that honest opinion.

Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:28 pm

Mega Ron wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:25 pm
I don't think most players know or experience the game as we do. Most font really support a club. Their affiliations are also changeable throughout their careers.

They often see it as a job, the playing and coaching, and I don't think they ever truly understand what it is to be a fan.
Good point

Beavis Danzig

Post by Beavis Danzig » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:30 pm

it's funny isn't it, a relegation fight is the emergency war state under which all ills are supposed to be put to one side. problem is, we did that all two years ago only to arrive back at the same point.

the team will just have to weather the discontent this time around i'm afraid as there are bigger factors in play. anyone demanding that grievences be put aside until there's nothing at stake is aligning themselves with the owners, and shouldn't be surprised if they find themselves caught in the shrapnel.

Coops

Post by Coops » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:33 pm

Call me a capitalist, but if somebody was paying my bills I would probably stick up for them if asked.

Mega Ron

Post by Mega Ron » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:36 pm

Konchesky has majorly ballsed up his career earnings if his Academy role is paying the bills.