#26 Serbia 1-2 Switzerland ~ Group E

All discussion relating to international tournaments including qualifying groups/matches. Since 2006.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Patito

Re: Serbia v Switzerland - Match thread ~ Group E

Post by Patito »

Probably best you missed it then Puff TV’s aren’t cheap this time of year :D
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

I said it last game and I'll say it again, Xhaka is a cracking player, can pass really well, decent shot, keeps the game ticking, totally misused at Arsenal but the stats still point to him doing really well. He is going to be brilliant next season for Arsenal next season if they play him in his proper position and not a defensive midfielder.

Who is this Behraimi, for us I remember him being a bit of a headless chicken with unlimited work ethic but a bit all over the place position wise
steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 757 likes

Post by steveyrockstar »

Pharaoh - I think we've also seen some really soft pens awarded by VAR. Definitely the handball awarded against Denmark I thought was shocking, and to compound matters, the ref booked the player who now misses his final - and very crucial - group game.

I'm amazed at how inconsistent VAR has been. The Mitrovic foul takes the biscuit though. I'm gutted for them. They could be in the 2nd round now, instead they're on the verge of going out.
paulthebubble

Post by paulthebubble »

Good posts Pharaoh and Steveyrockstar.

Yesterday they overturned the awarded penalty for Neymar , yet they did nothing for the stonewall penalty to Mitrovic. I agree, the use of VAR is inconsistent. It worked well in Italy.
I think this referee had it in his mind that Mitrovic fouls on every corner/cross. He blew for a foul on Mitrovic after the penalty incident where he did nothing. He said something to the ref and was booked.
The ref was German. Should he have done a game where Switzerland is playing? Would a Serb referee a match where Montenegro is involved?
RedStar

Post by RedStar »

Harry Hound wrote:Watched the match on Swiss TV and was surprised at just how many players from the Balkans (mostly Albanians and Kosovars) were playing for Switzerland, even the Coach is from Sarajevo (Bosnia).
There is no such a thing as "Kosovar". It’s a made-up thing needed to spin the whole Kosovo so called independence for the Western audience. They are Albanians, plain and simple. Kosovo is a geographical term and their so called state is just a future province of Great Albania. That’s what happens when one nationality spills over border and has 8-12 kids in each family for one century. Serbian province Kosovo could be your future, if you don’t learn from our mistake.

The whole fuss about this game was because Albanians said they are playing for the Albania, not Switzerland. Shaqiri had a made up Kosovo flag on his boots (what about "no politics" rule), they showed double headed eagle, which is Albanian symbol (Byzantine, to be honest, we have those eagles too - just look at my avatar). If we played against Albania, that would be normal. But, to see that in a game versus Switzerland... Well, I guess they showed where their loyalty is. They don’t give a damn about the country which gave them security, chance and good life, they are in the same mindset as their parents and their ancestors. Good luck with them.

As for the game, they won not because of the penalty which was obvious, but because we didn’t score when we should have. Congrats to all Swiss kumbers, being Albanian or not.
paulthebubble

Re: #26 Serbia 1-2 Switzerland ~ Group E

Post by paulthebubble »

Good post Red Star.
I know all about the League of Prizren and I'm afraid that what happened in Kosovo can happen in Greece. They have all of Epirus on their greater Albania flag also. There are at least a million Albanians in Greece now.
Kosovo je Crbija. Samo Sloga Srbe Spasava.

As for the game-If Tosic scores with the free header it's a different game. Serbia would not have gone forward near the end looking for the winning goal. The 2 scorers may get sanctioned for the eagle gestures.
Srecno against Brazil. I will be cheering for Serbia just as much as if Greece were there.
Macca1973
Has liked: 1796 likes
Total likes: 1118 likes

Post by Macca1973 »

Thanks for the explanation Red Star, I didnt fully understand the geographical politics of it all. What struck me, and I think you alluded to it, what on earth are they (Shaqiri and Xhaka) doing playing for Switzerland if that’s how they feel? They just come across as hypocritical mercenaries.
RedStar

Post by RedStar »

@Macca1973
"Hypocritical mercenaries"... Well, that pretty much sums it up.

@paulthebubble
Oρθόδοξος φίλος!
paulthebubble

Post by paulthebubble »

Cverna Zvezda-

Hvala moy Brate.