Where are you watching?

All discussion relating to international tournaments including qualifying groups/matches. Since 2006.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Denzil
Has liked: 344 likes
Total likes: 487 likes

Where are you watching?

Post by Denzil »

My least prepared game so far. Currently verging on a pub in Brentwood but may end up in another boozer further out in Essex. Being 30 degrees tomorrow it's the perfect game for a BBQ and the match with a load of pals but everyone seems to be doing separate things tomorrow so it hasn't been organised.

Where are you guys watching?

Also, if we do make it to the semis, I have always had this vision that I would watch the semi or the final in a huge area with a big screen like you see so often on the tele. Where would be the best place for this in London? I cannot see from searching online that anything has been organised anywhere - would the O2 show it?
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Re: Where are you watching?

Post by S-H »

The old man is doing a barbeque so going over there with him the family and few of his mates, sod over crowded pubs, in this weather, waiting an hour to be served, was bad enough on a Thursday evening for the Belgium game!
iLoveLasagne
Has liked: 204 likes
Total likes: 216 likes

Post by iLoveLasagne »

A few places are showing it but may have to pay. Camden is free AFAIK, both Boxparks, Pitch @ Stratford (sold out tomorrow), The Water Poet is free and Skylight @ Tobacco Dock.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Either the kid's school summer party or round someone's gaff that just bought a 65" Sony OLED. TBH, I'd rather be at home with my TV, but at least I don't have to drive anywhere.
OFT
Has liked: 2995 likes
Total likes: 1758 likes

Post by OFT »

Athens airport .........hopefully
Denzil

Post by Denzil »

Am I being boring if I choose to watch it at home on my own? I am really leaning towards doing that!
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Denzil wrote:Am I being boring if I choose to watch it at home on my own? I am really leaning towards doing that!
Watching at home would be my first choice, mate.
Billy Hunt
Has liked: 468 likes
Total likes: 353 likes

Post by Billy Hunt »

Denzil wrote:Am I being boring if I choose to watch it at home on my own? I am really leaning towards doing that!
Not really, you'll see more of the game that way.

I've watched the last couple in the Smack in Leigh, which like most places gets pretty rammed. May settle for watching this one at home too as I'm out early evening anyway... but closer to kick off I'll most likely change my mind
Wembley1966
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 124 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

If we get to the semi final, then it will be on the beach in Spain next week - I've just seen the size of the TV in our villa we're renting!

DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Wembley1966 wrote:If we get to the semi final, then it will be on the beach in Spain next week - I've just seen the size of the TV in our villa we're renting!

Eesh. Where you going?
Denzil

Post by Denzil »

Billy Hunt wrote:
Not really, you'll see more of the game that way.

I've watched the last couple in the Smack in Leigh, which like most places gets pretty rammed. May settle for watching this one at home too as I'm out early evening anyway... but closer to kick off I'll most likely change my mind
Yep I hear you, I've watched every game in a pub so far and only once was it rubbish (vs Belgium 2nd half I could barely see the TV and I am 6'1"). I just know that Brentwood is going to be on another level plus the thought of being in a packed boozer when it's 30 degrees out is making me feel ill already. Can't beat it for atmosphere though can you!
Wembley1966
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 124 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

DasNutNock wrote:Eesh. Where you going?
Most of the villas we rent seem to have a lounge that looks a bit like that - it is never used as you are by the pool most of the time and always eat outside. As long as it has a 2nd fridge outside by the BBQ / pool then I'm happy.
DasNutNock

Post by DasNutNock »

Wrong thread.
Patito

Post by Patito »

Torino tomorrow. I don’t know the city well at all so if anyone has any suggestions I’d be very grateful...
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

:thup:
Watching at home - lovely!
Great view, great drink, great food, comfort, no punch ups, well, not many...
wolf359
Has liked: 1561 likes
Total likes: 1709 likes

Post by wolf359 »

At home with my eight year old daughter - she'll talk all through it, ask silly questions and generally annoy me but I'm not sure I'd have it any other way. Last game she asked me to explain the off-side rule, couldn't help but laugh.

Semi and Final she is with her mum so I'll be home alone, screaming at the telly (if England are present)
sicknote
Plumbing the depths
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by sicknote »

Late lunch on the beach to line my stomach, then a stroll to the pub of choice aim to be in position in pub at half 3 half hour before kick off over here

Our pub of choice is English and full of English , Tuesday was odd as even the local jocks taffs and paddy’s were celebrating with us
Samba

Post by Samba »

wolf359 wrote:At home with my eight year old daughter - she'll talk all through it, ask silly questions and generally annoy me but I'm not sure I'd have it any other way. Last game she asked me to explain the off-side rule, couldn't help but laugh.
Golden years, mate.
Samba

Post by Samba »

sicknote wrote:Our pub of choice is English and full of English , Tuesday was odd as even the local jocks taffs and paddy’s were celebrating with us
I'm pleased they're sharing the happiness. Good on 'em.
Hammersfaniow
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by Hammersfaniow »

I’ll be watching it on my phone, as my mate is getting married at 3pm. P**s poor planning on his behalf