Serbia v Holland Match Thread

All discussion relating to international tournaments including qualifying groups/matches. Since 2006.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

WestHam4Life

Serbia v Holland Match Thread

Post by WestHam4Life »

Didnt see one, anyone watching the game robben is on fire.

Started off falling overhis feet but is playing well, good goal as well could have had another 1.

Serbia playing ok, unfortunate to be behind 2 great chances to go ahead and then holland scored. Service for Van Nistelrooy is poor, holland passing the ball around for fun at the moment
D&G

Post by D&G »

beat you by a minute :lol: :lol: yeah Robben is on fire but like I said why isn't that player Zigic or whatever his name is playing?
Dont know how Serbia are going to handle him second half.
D&G

Post by D&G »

OK Zigic is coming on lets see how good this guy is.
Larry
The end of the world is nigh

Post by Larry »

not a bad game all though there did not seem ti be to many chances at each end Serbia were for me dissapointing in the first half and i expected them to give the Dutch a tough game but 2nd half the Serbs were the better team and probably deserved a point..s
Belgian Iron
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 45 likes

Post by Belgian Iron »

D&G wrote:OK Zigic is coming on lets see how good this guy is.
Didn't get any decent service.
Serbia looked ****,thought they would stun Holland....expected al lot more of them :(
Larry
The end of the world is nigh

Post by Larry »

Belgian Iron wrote: Didn't get any decent service.
Serbia looked sh*t,thought they would stun Holland....expected al lot more of them :(
they were calling this the group of death but it seems that Argentina and Holland are going to top the group with ease.
Austrian Hammer

Post by Austrian Hammer »

the match was ok. i expected more from the dutch, but a lot more from the serbs.

the next match of the dutch will show which role they will play in this world cup.
Gringo Hammer

Post by Gringo Hammer »

Larry wrote: they were calling this the group of death but it seems that Argentina and Holland are going to top the group with ease.
????....Argentina know how lucky they were to beat Ivory Coast. The Dutch will struggle to get more than a point from their remaining two fixtures.
Viking_Hammer
Has liked: 66 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by Viking_Hammer »

Gringo Hammer wrote: ????....Argentina know how lucky they were to beat Ivory Coast. The Dutch will struggle to get more than a point from their remaining two fixtures.
I agree with you Gringo I think everyone could beat each other in this group. All very good teams and I certainly didn´t think Holland steamrolled over the Serbs, though they were better than them.
Devils Advocate
Has liked: 31 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Devils Advocate »

D&G wrote:OK Zigic is coming on lets see how good this guy is.
No stardust from Zigic...
RedStar

Post by RedStar »

Our manager had to experiment - the most important player in our back four, Nemanja Vidic (he signed for Man Utd four months ago), couldn't play because of the red card he got in the WC qualifications.

Instead of substituting him with second best, our manager changed formation and that resulted in piss poor first half. Second was kind of decent (for us) for 20 minutes, but after that we just drowned.

Dutch boys looked like ****, too. The difference between two teams was Robben. Zigic didn't get one decent ball, by the way - left winger Djordjevic swapped sides with midfield Dejan Stankovic, which killed our midfield. The only decent Serbian player (beside defenders which played out of postition and made only one mistake) was Koroman, right winger who got in at the end of the first half.

I think Ivory Coast and Argentina are at least two times better teams than Holland... but I'm still positive we can ruin someone's plans.
WCpete
Has liked: 1497 likes
Total likes: 3201 likes

Post by WCpete »

I have to say, while Robben was clearly a standout on the Dutch side, it looked to me like he decided to ignore the rest of his team mates on the pitch. When given the choice to feed his strikers from distance, he chose instead to shoot or to break for the byline. Effectively, he was the reason Van Nistleroy was ineffective in the match. he completely ignored him.